Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Wheely Bar Info, Pleeeeeze!!!!  (Read 8687 times)

Offline TBusa John

• Rider
Wheely Bar Info, Pleeeeeze!!!!
« on: December 12, 2005, 10:54:36 AM »
I have never used a wheely bar, but think it would help me with a serious problem of "chicken" off the line. What do you think? What advice do you have? What should I get, and where and at about  how much? ANY advice   greatly apreciated!!!! TBJ
TBusa John

GoldenChild

Re: Wheely Bar Info, Pleeeeeze!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 11:55:05 AM »
No wheelie bars,Go out and practice taking off from the line slow to start with,Then roll in it.Practice willl only make you better.

Offline BLUR AKA SIDEWAYS AKA KING OF SOUTH FLORIDA

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 01:13:05 PM »
DO NOT PUT BARS ON YOUR BIKE!
JUST START LIKE YOUR LEAVING A STOP LIGHT IN A HURRY AND GO FROM THERE!
IF YOU WERE"CHICKEN" YOU WOULDNT HAVE BOUGHT A BUSA!

Ok I got that off my chest. Tell us more about what your set-up is and what times you are running now. How you are launching, Maybe we can help.

Offline TrickTom1

• HOT ROD
  • Site Donor
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • In God We Trust
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 03:57:38 PM »
NO BARS!!!

Offline TBusa John

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 12:17:59 PM »
O.K.,---O.K., I surrender---NO wheeley bar!! I live up on the Canadian Border in Minnesota, and our closest strip is over six hours away, which makes it an over night. Sometimes I get  to the strip only twice a year, if lucky. Bike is '03 Busa with turbo Hank took off his bike, and is tuned by Dennis. Swing arm is 4.5 inches, but will go to 10 inches. Our roads are  curved and frost  busted up in this wilderness area, so pratice is difficult. They are talking about a strip opening in Hibbing, about in '07, when Brainard is suppose to shut down. Only two hours away---WOW!!! THANKS for your indo!!! TBJ
TBusa John

Offline Shane Ratliff

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 01:07:01 PM »
 Leave the sissy sticks off!!!! Come to Grand Bend or Milan when we are there and us or Richard  will help you with the launch.
Motor City Heavy Hitter
1st Heavy Hitter in the Sevens
7.96@186MPH at 64in.
Fastest big man around, just ask my woman

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2005, 04:46:37 PM »
Leave the sissy sticks off!!!! Come to Grand Bend or Milan when we are there and us or Richard  will help you with the launch.

You should take em up on this. It would be like going to dragracing school :D

Offline JACKD

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2005, 05:43:30 PM »
All other things being equal, bars will not only make you faster than those without but you will have a smaller % of failure and a safer ride.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

THEMOTORHEAD

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2005, 06:26:35 PM »
LOL ALL YOU SLAMMED BIKES RAGGIN ON BARS
LOL
SISSY STRAPS SHORTENED FORKSBIG LONG ARMS
COMMON
JUST WAIT BITCHES WHEN I'M CARRIN THE TIRE THROUGH THE TRAPS AT OVER 200 MFRES :D :D

Offline J R

• Nitromethane Wizard
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2005, 07:25:52 PM »
LOL ALL YOU SLAMMED BIKES RAGGIN ON BARS
LOL
SISSY STRAPS SHORTENED FORKSBIG LONG ARMS
COMMON
JUST WAIT BITCHES WHEN I'M CARRIN THE TIRE THROUGH THE TRAPS AT OVER 200 MFRES :D :D
Ya know this is somthin I thought but didnt wanna say do to getting bashed by some of my good buds BUT what the heck is the difference???Run what ya brung unless your racig somewhere with rules...I have never understood this biker bullcrap of wheelie bars being some sorta sign of weakness but you can run a swingarm as long as a schoolbus and lower the bike rake it e.c.t and thats supposed to prove you can ride???Either its stock or its not..if not its run what ya brung if ya wanna have fun theres nothin wrong with bar bikes Hell i bought a set for my Busa.I dont use them but I might throw them on one day just to go have fun??? I got a couple guys I know that would love to drag race but they get ragged on so freakin bad about what times they run that they dont even wanna run there bikes no more cause of stupid stuff like this.I have told um both ..Hey no biggie if your not the next peewee gleason get some bars and go have some fun and when ya get used to it try without um.I see nothing wrong with runnin bars or not its not a test of how good you are a crutch is a crutch.Like these morons around here they will brag about a given time with such and such a wheelbase that just happens to be as far out as there bike will go.Big freakin deal if ya cant afforred an arm or bars or whatever dont think everyone else needs to be stuck in that rut.I dont run bars but if I wanted to I would and i tell anyone who said anything about it to get f*cked.These are the same guys that all have pussy ass airshifters cause they cant shift or hang there feet off all the way down the track like a monkey along with there slider clutch e.c.t then come brag like they can ride...whatever...And yea im in a crappy mood tonight on pain meds agin :D Run what ya brung

I dont need no stinkin airshifter or lowering bitch...Heres me aginst one of our local hero,s on Chemo theraphy with a broken ankle shifting with the same foot( cast under boot and two bad kidneys and dyallisis the day before.Weighing in at 235 naked.. no boost controller or slipper clutch...Whats the diff if i had bars or didnt if you can ride you can ride if your gonna use crutches then it dont matter which one ya choose.Personally I think anyone who cant shift a motorcycle on there own ought to think about taking up kniting or somthing and hangin your feet off is a sign yer skeeerd :D :wink: 8)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 07:42:03 PM by J R »

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2005, 07:42:03 PM »
Ya grumpy old fart :lol:
What wheelbase is the Busa  68in? :lol:
Hey go to Bradenton on Sunday and bring slick Rick.

Offline J R

• Nitromethane Wizard
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2005, 07:46:31 PM »
Look in the pic i had it as far forward as it would go  :D I think Rick has company coming in.Im still debating on the trip.Ill be in Deland Sat tho backwoods grudge racin thingy with the wife and boy playin and hangin out and a few buds.If we feel like it we will head down sat night and stay somewhere.Gotta see how the health goes that day and how i feel.Life aint been easy latly.But im alive...so im riding :D Hell they didnt wanna reniew my nhra/ihra lic so i had to do some fast talkin with the doc :D   http://www.planetflorida.net/elite/
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 07:50:16 PM by J R »

Offline Ludicrous Speed

• Post Master
  • Southern IL
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2005, 07:54:00 PM »
Personally I think anyone who cant shift a motorcycle on there own ought to think about taking up kniting or somthing and hangin your feet off is a sign yer skeeerd

I can ride my bike with or with out an airshifter, but an airshifter is more consistent.  It also allows me to concentrate more on my launch and NOT have to worry about getting my long assed legs back to the pegs in time.

I actually did not pick up much, if any et with my shifter.

BTW, that is a pretty long arm you have there!  LOL
2009 White/Blue Hayabusa
2004 Busa-Black and Purple  TOTALLED BY INATTENTIVE TEEN DRIVER!
67 Camaro (big tire bracket car)
89 Mustang GT vert

Offline J R

• Nitromethane Wizard
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2005, 07:54:42 PM »
By the way im at 64.1/2 for this weekend with a slick  8)

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2005, 07:57:43 PM »
I am lookin at the pic see the one right above me with the slick :lol:

Hey dont run off the end of Deland....it can come up fast :shock:
Hey I hope you feel better and if your up to it head over. I wont have my bike but I will be riding a 60in scooter, and not the Blackbird this time :D i think it is a called a Hibuusa or sumptin like dat :D

Offline J R

• Nitromethane Wizard
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2005, 08:04:21 PM »
I am lookin at the pic see the one right above me with the slick :lol:

Hey dont run off the end of Deland....it can come up fast :shock:
Hey I hope you feel better and if your up to it head over. I wont have my bike but I will be riding a 60in scooter, and not the Blackbird this time :D i think it is a called a Hibuusa or sumptin like dat :D
The pic above you was made for poser value only and i dont even think i ever rode it that far back.Its just a poser pic truly 64 inches on the street and 65.5 at the strip has been the best for me with the busa when it ran.But the 1397 has been workin great...its no turbo tho.But easier to ride for sure.If you look at the drag strip first pic youll see the wheelbase was all the way up

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2005, 08:46:27 PM »
I know Im just fuggin with you :D
I am going to have to keep my mouth shut soon anyway :wink:

To me the wheelie bars are the last thing that seperates a dragbike and streetbike. To each there own.

See you in Bradenton...right...right....and bring the twins and the midget :D

Offline J R

• Nitromethane Wizard
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2005, 03:18:26 AM »

To me the wheelie bars are the last thing that seperates a dragbike and streetbike. To each there own.

I know your just messin man  :D Deep down you want some bars on your bike  :lol:

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2005, 05:50:03 AM »

I know your just messin man  :D Deep down you want some bars on your bike  :lol:

And training wheels.....maybe a small car tire :idea: :lol: