Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Fatsest 1000 ever 7.90 @ 180  (Read 93672 times)

Offline J R

• Nitromethane Wizard
  • Universal Post Whore
Re: Fatsest 1000 ever 7.90 @ 180
« Reply #275 on: January 16, 2006, 07:04:58 PM »
:idea: go look at the pics and you'll see why it was close :!:
Ill go ck it out and report back to the union. :lol2: :moped:

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
« Reply #276 on: January 16, 2006, 09:12:51 PM »

Saw the pics - i guess you are saying it was close due to the NOS bike having a 7" slick and 5 more inches of wheelbase?

Offline J R

• Nitromethane Wizard
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #277 on: January 16, 2006, 09:46:51 PM »
I met swerve and crew and they have my utmost respect.good people,fast bike,Ive met and dealt with Barry Henson personally and wouldnt trust a word outta his mouth as many others at the track where saying yesterday about him.All I can say is he better stay with the prostar so he can set up the races and rules and stay away from the grudge racin cause his shit sure didnt look to impressive against an all mota bike.won by the skin of his teeth and wouldnt have done that if the other bike would have had the spray right.That grudge race was a great example that Henson aint shit without having sombody in his  back pocket throwing races or makin rules for him
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 09:49:46 PM by J R »

Offline LongR1

• Post Whore
« Reply #278 on: January 16, 2006, 10:15:26 PM »
I met swerve and crew and they have my utmost respect.good people,fast bike,Ive met and dealt with Barry Henson personally and wouldnt trust a word outta his mouth as many others at the track where saying yesterday about him.All I can say is he better stay with the prostar so he can set up the races and rules and stay away from the grudge racin cause his shit sure didnt look to impressive against an all mota bike.won by the skin of his teeth and wouldnt have done that if the other bike would have had the spray right.That grudge race was a great example that Henson aint shit without having sombody in his  back pocket throwing races or makin rules for him

dude thats not even barrys bike. he wasnt involved with bike at all from what i understand. its Johhnys bike that he built and tuned that has a velocity kit on it. i dont beliieve its a factory supported velocity bike. u can say what u like about barry, but i dont think he has a whole lot to do with this particular bike. dont be hatin on johnnys bike with Mikey riding cuz u dont care for barry.
04 Yamaha R1 60 in progressive nitrous
Rider 2000 SBS Velocity Racing Turbo

Offline J R

• Nitromethane Wizard
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #279 on: January 16, 2006, 10:23:27 PM »

dude thats not even barrys bike. he wasnt involved with bike at all from what i understand. its Johhnys bike that he built and tuned that has a velocity kit on it. i dont beliieve its a factory supported velocity bike. u can say what u like about barry, but i dont think he has a whole lot to do with this particular bike. dont be hatin on johnnys bike with Mikey riding cuz u dont care for barry.
Im not, I got nothin against Johnny or Mikey,,, but readin physco bikes post Barry talks shit like he had somthing to do with it in some twisted way but then again he twist every fuckin thing that comes outta his little mouth.I respect Mikey and Johnny.I cant help they have dealings with an idiot.Good race tho for sure. :smokin: :thumb:

GoldenChild

« Reply #280 on: January 16, 2006, 10:29:12 PM »
I think barry helped tune it and sold them the kit only.

Offline J R

• Nitromethane Wizard
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #281 on: January 16, 2006, 10:31:20 PM »
I think barry helped tune it and sold them the kit only.
To bad for them :? I guess you could tell since it only beat an all motor bike by the little tiny bit it did :lol:

Offline Blue Streak

• Post Master
« Reply #282 on: January 16, 2006, 11:19:44 PM »
Mikey won by 3 tenths on the turbo but it was close at the stripe because Gann treed Mikey.  :D
02 Silver/Grey  Turbo Busa * T61 NLR kit*
04 Black SWB Turbo Busa * DBB stage 2*

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #283 on: January 17, 2006, 12:01:54 AM »
Mikey was probably peddling like a Muther fuker at the end!! :wink:

He's No fool!! :D

Offline LongR1

• Post Whore
« Reply #284 on: January 17, 2006, 12:09:42 AM »
mikey said on PB that is spun 2nd thru 5th. anyone else woulda said it i would have not have believed it 100%, but he is stand up guy and has ridden enuff that i could see it. plus like stated earlier i dont think the race pass was the fastest pass for either bike. no doubt that swerves bike is fast. i would have prefered to see both go 7s and it be close. but if times were even close to the speculated times of 8.4s or .60s that were stated a couple of pages ago, then both bikes had problems, but in grudge racing its not time that matters its the win light whether its inch or 10 bikes. im not taking anything away from either bike or rider. they did there thing. hopefully a rematch will be in store in future. but a anyone thats ridden turbo bike that has had it spin, knows what it does to the ETs. so yea it was close race. but both bikes same length with slick and i dont see outcome being as close next go around, but it sure did stir up pot for last month or so. :D
04 Yamaha R1 60 in progressive nitrous
Rider 2000 SBS Velocity Racing Turbo

Offline Blue Streak

• Post Master
« Reply #285 on: January 17, 2006, 12:29:20 AM »
I know the times and the 40-60's that was guessed is way off both bikes went much faster.  :wink:
02 Silver/Grey  Turbo Busa * T61 NLR kit*
04 Black SWB Turbo Busa * DBB stage 2*

Mav

« Reply #286 on: January 17, 2006, 07:08:30 AM »

Saw the pics - i guess you are saying it was close due to the NOS bike having a 7" slick and 5 more inches of wheelbase?

:yes: I'm saying the gap would have been larger in favor of Slowe if both were 66 and Mickey's. 

Offline WICKSBUSA

• Post Whore
« Reply #287 on: January 17, 2006, 07:58:46 AM »
Mav you are so right but we don't make excuses. The turbo made it through there first and got the light. JR I understand everyone has problems with people and thats cool but Johnny, Mikey and Gary had alot to do with this performane. The all motor bike was longer and had a flat slick. It ran a good number faster than you think. If you think there is another turbo 1000 that would like the shot at it. Get it them.

Offline Chocolate City

• Post Whore
« Reply #288 on: January 17, 2006, 08:14:36 AM »
Damn there sure has been a lot of speculation about this race. Believe this BOTH bikes have changed since the race was first proposed. It doesn't matter though congrats to Mikey on the win and props to Swerve for racing him. They tried several times to get the NOS to work and it didn't. As far as the speculation about the hidden NOS WHATEVER!!! Swerve's bike was out in the open the whole time they were working on it. You could see exactly what they were doing.  If you guys knew the mph you would know it was NOT on spray. It was even said that Swerve's bike was down on mph that pass. Mikey did not have his best pass of the day either.  I won't get into any info on the bikes but Johnny  said they did not catch Swerve's bike until the 1000' mark. So think what you want. Both bikes were moving 8) Props go out to both camps for a heck of a job on both bikes :beechug:
FL Boys

Offline J R

• Nitromethane Wizard
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #289 on: January 17, 2006, 08:17:23 AM »
Damn there sure has been a lot of speculation about this race. Believe this BOTH bikes have changed since the race was first proposed. It doesn't matter though congrats to Mikey on the win and props to Swerve for racing him. They tried several times to get the NOS to work and it didn't. As far as the speculation about the hidden NOS WHATEVER!!! Swerve's bike was out in the open the whole time they were working on it. You could see exactly what they were doing.  If you guys knew the mph you would know it was NOT on spray. It was even said that Swerve's bike was down on mph that pass. Mikey did not have his best pass of the day either.  I won't get into any info on the bikes but Johnny  said they did not catch Swerve's bike until the 1000' mark. So think what you want. Both bikes were moving 8) Props go out to both camps for a heck of a job on both bikes :beechug:
+1

Mav

« Reply #290 on: January 17, 2006, 08:35:09 AM »
Forget the names involved and this particular race. All I'm saying with my statement is that on equal setups(ground clearance, clutch, length and tire) the motor bike/N2O doesn't win or at best is at a disadvantage. Of course the tire and length helped, maybe even equalized the field. That is all...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 08:43:14 AM by Mav »

Offline Chocolate City

• Post Whore
« Reply #291 on: January 17, 2006, 08:42:55 AM »
 Obcourse the tire and length helped, maybe even equalized the field.

Have you seen a comparison in times :?:
FL Boys

Mav

« Reply #292 on: January 17, 2006, 08:48:53 AM »
NO. Bikes weren't setup the same on Sunday. I know Mickey's advertised time and I know what Swerve has been. I know the comparison with nearly equal setups if that's what you mean. NO I wasn't at Bradenton and I haven't bother with trying to find out the times made Sunday.

Offline Chocolate City

• Post Whore
« Reply #293 on: January 17, 2006, 08:51:37 AM »
No Mav you said the extra length and tire helped. I was just asking if you were sure, that's all :wink:
FL Boys

Mav

« Reply #294 on: January 17, 2006, 09:01:54 AM »
No Mav you said the extra length and tire helped. I was just asking if you were sure, that's all :wink:

No I'm not sure. If it didn't help his et, then somethings wrong. That tire typically hurts the mph.

Offline Chocolate City

• Post Whore
« Reply #295 on: January 17, 2006, 09:03:21 AM »
That's what I was getting at about the tire Mav 8)
FL Boys

Offline hondadog

• Rider
« Reply #296 on: January 17, 2006, 03:08:51 PM »
I know both Gary and Mikey as well as Swerve and his crew. They are all great guys who love motorcycle dragracing. Opinions are like a++sholes. Everyone has one. I agree that Barry did throw his sales pitch in the mix pretty quick. I didn't see him plug his kit when others bikes blew up. Anyone see when Barry's bike threw the rod in Gainesville? :bah:  OOooPpPpsss, that was on national television!! Everyone saw that!!  :lol: Anyone can buy parts but it's what you do with them that counts. I wonder what will happen next time these guys run. Blake is a wizard with the nitrous and Shawn has shown he can get out of the hole pretty good. Next time the nitrous will be working and Shawn would have had a little more seat time. Should be a good rematch. 8)

Offline Hybrid

• Post Whore
« Reply #297 on: January 17, 2006, 10:44:07 PM »
I hope at least next time they race best out of 3 and both bikes are mechanically sound that way there will be no BS and all will be fair ( in relative terms)...heck where I race we do best of 3 in preliminary then best of 5 in the finals. That way there are no excuses to be had. May the best man win :idea:
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 10:46:45 PM by Hybrid »

Offline J R

• Nitromethane Wizard
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #298 on: January 17, 2006, 11:02:31 PM »
I know both Gary and Mikey as well as Swerve and his crew. They are all great guys who love motorcycle dragracing. Opinions are like a++sholes. Everyone has one. I agree that Barry did throw his sales pitch in the mix pretty quick. I didn't see him plug his kit when others bikes blew up. Anyone see when Barry's bike threw the rod in Gainesville? :bah:  OOooPpPpsss, that was on national television!! Everyone saw that!!  :lol: Anyone can buy parts but it's what you do with them that counts. I wonder what will happen next time these guys run. Blake is a wizard with the nitrous and Shawn has shown he can get out of the hole pretty good. Next time the nitrous will be working and Shawn would have had a little more seat time. Should be a good rematch. 8)
:thumb: