Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: America's fastest streetbike competition in 2006  (Read 30159 times)

Offline JorNic Motorsports

• Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
Re: America's fastest streetbike competition in 2006
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2005, 10:03:58 PM »
i'll pass on the event then. I wont be riding my own bike until 07. good luck.

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2005, 12:21:01 AM »
i'll pass on the event then. I wont be riding my own bike until 07. good luck.

I wont attend either, I have enough broken asphalt and tore up concrete here in Calif.. :lmao:

Have fun and be safe racers.. :thumb:
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline rotts4u

• Post Whore
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2005, 07:59:34 PM »
I am not here to start some big argument over west coast vs east coast or MAxton vs Texas etc etc. I mearly posted the event that I organized and will be writing up for Super Streetbike Magazine.

Maxtons record books speak for them self as far as speeds go so I dont feel any need to exlain that. If we get a great reaction to the event then perhaps we can expand it to more event or events in different locations.

I look forward to see as many of you there as possible.

Don

Offline DaveO

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2005, 08:12:04 PM »
IT THINK IT SHOULD BE AT TEXAS IT IS SUPPOSE TO BE BETTER AND SAFER
ALSO THINK ONLY DOT STREET TIRES AND NOT WEIGHT BALLLAST SHOULD BE ALLOWED
NO SINGLE PHASED CRAP THAT MAKES A DANGEROURS ROAD BIKE

BINGO!!    "america's" fastest streebikes are not going to show up there.
Alot people won't come to a dangerous track. Plus not to many people from the west coast are going to drive that far to come to it.

Texas would be alot safer and a more centralized location for people to travel!!   8) 8)

Reaper,

Guess you have never been to Maxton. I don't feel it is fair to condemn something you have no experience at IMO....

That being said... I find it VERY disappointing that Don has done something GOOD for the LSR community(publicity), at a venue he was comfortable with.....and SOME people have to come on this thread and complain....

WTF?????

Dave
« Last Edit: December 25, 2005, 08:44:02 PM by DaveO »
220.312 at Maxton...ALL MOTOR

www.NewLimitsTuning.com

OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

Offline dblebusacaddy

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2005, 09:02:06 PM »
Im with you on this one Dave. Ive been running at maxton for over 5 years . What an awesome venue to be able to run fast and safe.  Safety is their # 1 concern and are continuely making improvements to the track. It is the only place i know where you can get 30-50 run in a weekend if its not to busy.Its real easy to say you have a bike that can go over 200 mph and only a few of us that have the records and timing slips to prove it. So all you wannabes and posers bring it on and show everone what you have and get your name and bike in the magazine and possibly earn a record get into the 2 club.
Todd B.

Offline ROBOPTI

• Post Whore
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2005, 09:57:00 PM »
Don .... Would you consider / in your opinion... Yancy's bike with Lee on board a "streetbike" .... I wouldn't even bother going up against a big-budget purpose built team just to get beat bcuz I haven't been ???

It might have a horn ... but not exactly an even playing field

IMO Noonan is the fastest man/bike combo in the world ... but he would probably lose given those circumstances ...

Just want your opinion
THE ULTRA GHETTO MACHINE ..... WORK IN PROGRESS

THEMOTORHEAD

« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2005, 11:05:13 PM »
I BELIEVE FASTEST CANNOT BE ANCHORED TO A 1 MILE COURSE1.5 MILES WOULD BE CLOSER TO REAL WHO IS TOP DOG VS THE "HAND OF GOD"
BUT WE GOT WHAT WE GOT
AND I'M GLAD YER HAVING IT
ENJOY YOURSELVES
IM ALL FOR A SEMI ILLEGAL GATHERING ON A REAL ROAD WITH NO SHUTDOWN SHORTAGE
AND DON. THE IDIOT THAT DECIDED SHAVED ARE SAFER TIRES SHOULD BE SMACKED!
TIRES ON BIKES ARE NOT GOING TO RETAIN HEAT LIKE CARS CAUSE THEY DONT HAVE AS MUCH RUBBER
DOT TIRES ARE NOT HAVING ANY PROBLEMS
« Last Edit: December 25, 2005, 11:08:58 PM by THEMOTORHEAD »

Offline DaveO

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2005, 11:11:19 PM »
Don .... Would you consider / in your opinion... Yancy's bike with Lee on board a "streetbike" .... I wouldn't even bother going up against a big-budget purpose built team just to get beat bcuz I haven't been ???
Just want your opinion

Roboti,

Rich Yancy's bike is a STREETBIKE....he actually rides it to/from work when he wants.....That is one of the most IMPRESSIVE aspects of it...besides the fact it has gone 260mph.....

You have to see it, and understand whats involved with the bike.....It even has the old PC2 to tune it....with NO standalone controller...The rules as Don has stated, mandate the registered OWNER has to ride the bike.....which means Rich would have to. Also...FWIW...There is no big $$ team effort in Rich's bike.....just countless hours of dedication on his part...and the help of a few close friends/minimal sponsors....

I think everyone should understand...this is supposed to be the fastest STREETBIKES.....not jockeys on racebikes with plates attached. Primarily focused on the streetrider crowd.....

Dave
« Last Edit: December 25, 2005, 11:19:51 PM by DaveO »

www.NewLimitsTuning.com

OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

Offline ROBOPTI

• Post Whore
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2005, 11:15:11 PM »
Point taken DaveO  :wink: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
THE ULTRA GHETTO MACHINE ..... WORK IN PROGRESS

Offline FullTilt

• Post Master
    • http://www.fulltiltlife.com
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2005, 11:33:17 PM »

That's what I'm talking about. No waiting in lines to run. Ample room to run and shut down. Somewhere central.

Should be a fun event though. Good for you for organizing it.
)<

"It isn't easy being green." - Kermit

Offline JACKD

• Rider
Re: Hank's misunderstanding of tires.
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2005, 11:40:43 PM »
Hank
You are very confused about tire failures and could do well to not call the many in line before you an "Idiot".
The event at Maxton will be good for the sport if only to gather steam for next time for everybody regardless of their level of participation.
Don't hurt yourself or the sport.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline gazza414

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2005, 04:01:41 AM »
Jack, what post are you referring to??
1 Fast Hayabusa N/A 217.443mph so far

Offline JACKD

• Rider
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2005, 06:56:00 AM »
I BELIEVE FASTEST CANNOT BE ANCHORED TO A 1 MILE COURSE1.5 MILES WOULD BE CLOSER TO REAL WHO IS TOP DOG VS THE "HAND OF GOD"
BUT WE GOT WHAT WE GOT
AND I'M GLAD YER HAVING IT
ENJOY YOURSELVES
AND DON. THE IDIOT THAT DECIDED SHAVED ARE SAFER TIRES SHOULD BE SMACKED!
TIRES ON BIKES ARE NOT GOING TO RETAIN HEAT LIKE CARS CAUSE THEY DONT HAVE AS MUCH RUBBER
DOT TIRES ARE NOT HAVING ANY PROBLEMS

It would seem to be here.
Jack
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline TRNorBRN6001

• Post Master
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2005, 08:26:42 AM »
Easy there, them Maxton folk with their sac-o-cement are sensitive about thier venue even if ya gotta dodge a few cones and pot holes, but whats a header or oil pan here and there. Must make for an interesting ride though. I do hear that if you exit the wrong way they will give you a free tour of the entire fascility.  :P :P :P  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, could not resist.

Offline shiphteeey

• Rider
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2005, 09:00:17 AM »
Thats fucked up man!  LOL

Look anyone who hasn't been there gets a little nervous when you mention the actual concrete and the bend. 

That bend is like 6-7 degrees, wide enough where you could virtually take the whole course straight with an "out, in, out" apex style if you really want to.  I think the bend is somewhere around the 1/8 mile or less.  All I know is by the time I'm really gettin on it and starting to spray that bend is no longer there  :lol:

Sure it isn't the smoothest, but the faster you go the smoother it is!  If it really bothers you crank up your "required" steering damper to full stiff.

A little over $100 to run all weekend and meet fellow NUTCASES is well worth the money!  My bike is lowered about 2" no problems yet.  I can imagine if you are REALLY REALLY LOW you may have to think about the extra downforce as the MPH rises and possibly "picking something up"....

Seriously, just sit down, shut up, crack it open and hold on....before you know it you're flying by the 3/4 mile mark PRAYING around 180 and HOPING to trap 200.xxxx

A.
Fastest ZX-12R in the USA:
229.6 mph at Loring
201.957 mph 2-way average @ Bonneville
203 mph at Maxton naked
193.9 mph @ the 9/10
200.28 mph @ TX Mile

Offline busa200

• Post Whore
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2005, 10:37:26 AM »
don,
      i'll be there. 50 some passes in 1 weekend on my bike was way too much fun. i have raced at maxton and texas, i cant compare the 2. the rush at maxton is so much more intense [for me]. you have to pay more attention at maxton but i never felt like safety was an issue.
          hopefully we will see more of these events around the country.
259.85 m.p.h. at Maxton, built and tuned by DaveO

Offline TRNorBRN6001

• Post Master
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2005, 12:02:12 PM »
Yeah, it does sound intense from what Mr. Hill and a couple others have to say, but I think the self guided post run tour would be quite refreshing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Texas left a bad taste in your mouth.  8)

Offline joea

• Post Whore
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2005, 02:23:36 PM »
Jack...............themotorhead........is Dennis.............

Hank............is Hank.............

two totally different animals.................

Joe :)
ex busa owner
not worthy

Offline rotts4u

• Post Whore
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2005, 02:51:40 PM »

To answer this question I will have to base my answer on what I saw on the bike as of October. And I see two things that would DQ that bike. One Lee could not ride it at our contest unless he buys the bike and has a registration tag slip in his name. And secondly the external weight on the fender and perhaps other places would have to come off. Otherwise it is ok. And yes that bike is a streetbike in every respect and as far as budget goes I am thinking  nobodys bike has a bigger budget than your busa does Rob.

Come on and make some passes. Velocity needs some representation at this event.

Don

Offline Team Millholland

• Rider
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2005, 03:34:41 PM »
My sons and I have been running at Maxton for four years now along with some friends from the area. I'll be the first to admit it's not completely safe but neither is high speed passes.......at any place. Everyone who is in this forum understands the risk.
The thrill of acceleration and the rush of speed "mask" the fear, coming home we always discuss our runs and it makes a person sometimes question, is it worth it?  Short answer, yep or we wouldn't be waiting all winter for the return.

I for one applaud Don for getting involved in such a task. We can all sit back and say it should be run at Texas or the Salt and I'm sure that there would be a good turn-out at either place but until someone goes through all the work, time and trouble to have an event at those places let's support Don and this event. Who knows it may very well expand to another venue and I'll support it, like this one.

If the issues/problems that Maxton has bothers you, fine, don't show up but please don't be a hater.
I realize this is an open forum and we can all gripe here but remember the sponsors of this event has access to this site too and if this event is to grow, I say let's keep it positive.
Dan

Offline DaveO

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2005, 03:45:20 PM »
If the issues/problems that Maxton has bothers you, fine, don't show up but please don't be a hater.
I realize this is an open forum and we can all gripe here but remember the sponsors of this event has access to this site too and if this event is to grow, I say let's keep it positive.
Dan

Dan,

Well said...thx. Happy holidays to the family!!!

Dave

www.NewLimitsTuning.com

OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2005, 03:54:37 PM »
I can't find the rules for motorcycles anywhere on that website..... :?

Offline busa200

• Post Whore
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2005, 05:37:43 PM »
TRNorBRN6001,
                     Texas didnt leave a bad taste in my mouth, its in my back yard. i love it. had a great time. you have to go to maxton and experience it before you can really understand it and appreciate it.
259.85 m.p.h. at Maxton, built and tuned by DaveO

Offline dblebusacaddy

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2005, 06:15:30 PM »
gnd111 you will probaly have to order a rulebook. Very well put Dan.  People that are thinking about racing in the shootout dont have to wait until Sept to find out what Maxton is all about. there are meets in april , may and june. It would be very benifical for everyone to get the licencing runs in and to make sure that the bike will pass inspection before hand. I hope everone had a great christmas.
Todd B.

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2005, 06:17:19 PM »
gnd111 you will probaly have to order a rulebook. Very well put Dan.  People that are thinking about racing in the shootout dont have to wait until Sept to find out what Maxton is all about. there are meets in april , may and june. It would be very benifical for everyone to get the licencing runs in and to make sure that the bike will pass inspection before hand. I hope everone had a great christmas.
Todd B.

Todd,

Great  info!!!

J
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7