Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: America's fastest streetbike competition in 2006  (Read 30158 times)

Offline ex-skydiver

• Rider
  • Ontario
Re: America's fastest streetbike competition in 2006
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2005, 06:20:49 PM »
Look forward to being there.  I'l probably just ride my 'Busa down and watch...don't want to rent a truck to get home if you get my drift.
03 'Busa
01 'Busa RCC Stage I Turbo
H-2 project.  Who knows?
No results worth mentioning

Offline dblebusacaddy

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2005, 06:27:29 PM »
You should bring your leathers just in case you change your mind :D The lure of going fast is very hard to resist.

Offline JACKD

• Rider
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2005, 06:50:32 PM »
Jack...............themotorhead........is Dennis.............

Hank............is Hank.............

two totally different animals.................

Joe :)

Oh well, I guess I got excited.
Sorry about that Hank and you too Dennis.
Mistakes happen, we are all guilty of that.
Calling somebody "Idiot" is even OK, just don't make any sound.
Jack
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline JorNic Motorsports

• Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2005, 09:19:53 PM »
I can't find the rules for motorcycles anywhere on that website..... :?
I know that the ECTA somewhat mirrors the SCTA for safety rules, but is a bit more lenient. I have a Word version of the rules as I copied them from the '04 rulebook, number by number, letter for letter, spelling mistake for speling mistake ;) 

I hate paper and wanted an electronic copy. if you or anyone wants it, PM me your email and I will send it to you. these are NOT the ECTA rules, but a very good basis for starting a project.

• Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2005, 09:25:15 PM »
oh, and jack made a mistake? say it aint so!

Offline rustman

• Mad Post Whore
  • Garage Racer
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2005, 12:28:58 AM »
I'm not hating.  I'd love to go to Maxton.  That's a big deal, and I'm sure there will be a good turnout.  I do wish we could have a major event in Texas though.  I can't see how the track in Goliad could be any safer, smoother, or more organized.  It's a perfect mile.  You guys should make the trip and check it out.  I've been courting those guys at SSB for March in Texas, but I think this means we lost the battle.  Funny, I mentioned that the Tx Mile was an event like Maxton in my email.  The kiss of death.   I may have to plan a vacation for '08 to get to Maxton and see what it's all about.  I'd like to meet all of you clowns.   :wink:
Yeah, it made 500 hp at 32 psi.
233 mph Texas Mile
  ----- Powered by Cheese -----

Offline Paul Kersey

• New User!
  • Where am I?
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2005, 01:13:36 AM »
WOW EITHER WAY THE BUSAS ARE VERY FAST AT ANY PLACE THEY RACE AT, BE CAREFUL AND POST SOME PICTURES.. :!:

Offline JACKD

• Rider
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2005, 03:57:39 AM »
oh, and jack made a mistake? say it aint so!
That is part of the secret is to treat all you kids the same.
The name you use is not really important to me but sometimes I will assign one to you that is easy to remember. For example I might call you BB , but no more than that. LOL
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline Commuta_Busa

• Post Master
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2005, 07:59:56 AM »
this is the first event like this so I think nothing but positives will be the result. Since this one is at Maxton/East coast perhaps it'll push events to be created for Goliad/Central and perhaps Mirage/West coast... who knows what the future holds... I see a series of local ones and then a final one for the top bike/riders....  Maybe next time the classes will be more subdivided to promote N2O bikes. Right now to lump them in with the turbo bikes just doesn't seem like a good match. Maybe also a few more engine size subgroups too...

All in all I can only say thanks for getting something like this organized and I'm glad to see it in a mag!
JE, TTS, Carpenter, Yoshimura, Akrapovich, TMH, BDE, APE, FBG, Lee Shierts, Schnitz, Orient Express, Stedman, Street n Track, Tsubaki, Kickstand Racing, Harris, AP Racing, Pro Machining, Spencer Cycles, HEL, NOS, NLR, Big CC Racing, Earl's, Pro-Bolt

Offline ROBOPTI

• Post Whore
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2005, 12:15:25 PM »
Don .... Would you consider / in your opinion... Yancy's bike with Lee on board a "streetbike" .... I wouldn't even bother going up against a big-budget purpose built team just to get beat bcuz I haven't been ???

To answer this question I will have to base my answer on what I saw on the bike as of October. And I see two things that would DQ that bike. One Lee could not ride it at our contest unless he buys the bike and has a registration tag slip in his name. And secondly the external weight on the fender and perhaps other places would have to come off. Otherwise it is ok. And yes that bike is a streetbike in every respect and as far as budget goes I am thinking  nobodys bike has a bigger budget than your busa does Rob.

Come on and make some passes. Velocity needs some representation at this event.

Don

:wink: :D

Thanks for the input ... and glad you took that in the tone intended ... just wanted to know ... and yeah I have spent a few "bucks" on mine  :lol:

I think I'll have to bring the ole girl out for this one ... Why not ... Get my big doughnut eatin arse and see what happens

I have a few goodies being made by MH of all people that should really top the bike off

I gather leathers are a must ... Any problem with "unlicensed" rider going over 200 ... or what ever license applies to LSR guys ... I do not have one ... would there be a qualifying period for novices for one ... Hope I asked that question right

I may have to sell my bike for week or so  :lol: :lol: :lol:
THE ULTRA GHETTO MACHINE ..... WORK IN PROGRESS

• Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2005, 12:32:06 PM »
you should be able to license at the event in just a few passes. it just saves time if you have it done beforehand, but as many passes as they make there, you should have no issues getting licensing and several passes or two-ton. and knowing your bike, two-ton and lots of change will be your for the taking.

Offline DaveO

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2005, 02:00:17 PM »
Licensing is in stages....125/150/175/200/250+

Basically you have to make a pass in each catagory before you move up in class......So to try and break 200mph...you must first make 3 passes of 125+, 150+, and 175+...then you can go for your 200mph license.

For those that are serious about going I will answer questions(offline) about all the applicable rules pertaining.....I am involved with the ECTA's motorcycle rules commitee this year...and will be teching the bikes running over 200mph. I have also promised Don to help decide/tech the additional rules for the SSB challenge....and other assistance he may need....

I do ask however....that you really are SERIOUS about going before you contact me.......you can reach me at 508-802-0425.

Dave
220.312 at Maxton...ALL MOTOR

www.NewLimitsTuning.com

OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

• Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2005, 03:56:01 PM »
a safety wire points post for the streetbike guys would be helpful. helps keep the surprise factor down on some of the obvious stuff for guys who have never raced before. gauge too if it matters there as that question came up once before on this site.
thanks Dave.

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2005, 06:49:06 PM »
Yes - a list of basics to pass tech would be nice.  I hate to drive 7 hours to have to scramble to be able to participate...

I did download a member form today as i am very tempted... :D

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
  • 300mph or bust in 1 mile
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2005, 09:13:00 PM »
The fastest StreetBikes on the planet at Maxton????  Now who would possibly even think about wanting to be Crowned the fastest streetbike on the planet?  I mean, sure, some turbo boys think they're fast and some Nitrous boys dream they're fast, but to be Crowned the "Fastest" at a major sanctioned event like Maxton???  Who would want to do that?  I mean it's a mile of old concrete from WW2 set in the woods of North Carolina away from everything.  Nextel phones can't even get a signal out there for goodness sakes.  And why even try when the likes of Rich Yancy, Don Smith, Dave Owens, Scott "Mr. Motorcycle" Guthrie and too many to mention other celebrities will be there to crush your hopes of ever coming close.  I think it's pure nonsense if you ask me.  I don't believe there are even a dozen bikes that could possibly compete with the Maxton regulars like Mark Moisan, Barry Hensen, Todd Brooks, The Millholland boys, Bergie Frazier, Wayne Pollack, Jim Owen and Jason McVicar just to mention a few of the fast ones. 
Nah, if you don't think you can hold the throttle wide open for a whole mile and hang on for dear life, then stay home and whine about your life.  We don't want you there anyways.

But........

If you want the opportunity to race at one of the most exciting venues in the United States where the fastest Motorcycles on the planet call home, then get your collective SH_T together and bring it to MAXTON and show the whole world what your made of.  Remember people, photographers galore from Super Streetbike Magazine, Dragbike.com and many others will be there to cover this event.  You'll meet the fastest riders on the planet and rub elbows with "Mr. Motorcycle" Scott Guthrie, Lee Shierts and Dave Owens to mention a few.  Have a great time, great fellowship and be a part of history.

Oh, and if your all Nitrous bike beats Maxtons fastest Nitrous bike that weekend, you could end up with an additional $500 just because I double dog dare you to try.

Guy
Official Site Supporter
Guy Caputo - Tiger Racing - 300mph or bust in the 1 mile

Offline Team Millholland

• Rider
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2005, 09:53:42 PM »
Guy,
I hope when you said "Millholland boys" that included me! Ole Pops ain't done yet, planning on making some passes this year and being crowned .......Worlds Fastest Touring Bike.
I'm just glad I got in the 2 Club back when it was easy :-)
Dan

Offline DaveO

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2005, 11:13:47 PM »
If you want the opportunity to race at one of the most exciting venues in the United States where the fastest Motorcycles on the planet call home, then get your collective SH_T together and bring it to MAXTON and show the whole world what your made of.  Remember people, photographers galore from Super Streetbike Magazine, Dragbike.com and many others will be there to cover this event.  You'll meet the fastest riders on the planet and rub elbows with "Mr. Motorcycle" Scott Guthrie, Lee Shierts and Dave Owens to mention a few.  Have a great time, great fellowship and be a part of history.

Oh, and if your all Nitrous bike beats Maxtons fastest Nitrous bike that weekend, you could end up with an additional $500 just because I double dog dare you to try.

Guy

Guy,

Your the MAN in my book!!!

Dave
220.312 at Maxton...ALL MOTOR

www.NewLimitsTuning.com

OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

Offline jasontmc

• Post Whore
    • We all know one.
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2005, 01:31:25 AM »
guy, maybe ill borrow a bike and see if i can get the job done!!!!
Sponsored by: CATALYST COMPOSITES, RCC Turbos,
Scott Guthrie Racing, Helmet House, NJK Leathers, Atomic Speedware, Innovate, Bridgestone, Dumonde tech oils, Spider grips, Boost by Smith, Worldwide Bearings.

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2005, 09:27:11 AM »
Dan, you are one of the "boys" for sure.

Jasontmc, wouldn't that be great?  I know you have what it takes now find a bike to get the job done.  But beware, the "Tiger" is getting a major re-engineer this winter.  The crank just got back from Falicon and the multi-stage wet/dry 350+hp juice machine is built and ready to install.  I'm going to be there in May to bust open the record books this year (God willing and the creek don't rise).

See you there.

Guy
Official Site Supporter

• Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2005, 02:07:20 PM »

you can have a seat on mine jason.

Offline jasontmc

• Post Whore
    • We all know one.
« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2005, 02:26:12 PM »
sounds interesting bryan!! thanks for the offer!!
Sponsored by: CATALYST COMPOSITES, RCC Turbos,
Scott Guthrie Racing, Helmet House, NJK Leathers, Atomic Speedware, Innovate, Bridgestone, Dumonde tech oils, Spider grips, Boost by Smith, Worldwide Bearings.

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2005, 03:50:02 PM »

you can have a seat on mine jason.

Jason, don't pass this up opportunity!  What a thrill to be aboard the Phoenix monster at Maxton.

Maybe I should up the ante for the Nitrous challenge.

Guy
Official Site Supporter

Offline rotts4u

• Post Whore
« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2005, 06:20:47 PM »
Just for fun why dont one of you with a lot of spare time on your hands research the basic motorcycle classes like 650,750,1000 and 1350 and compare the production and MPS records at Maxton, El Mirage and Bonneville.

All this talk about nobody fast going to maxton has got me wondering how they actually stack up.

Don

• Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2005, 08:02:10 PM »
email guthrie. I bet he already has it...

Offline BusaWizard

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?
« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2005, 10:11:20 PM »
Sounds like a history making event.
If you're not living close to the edge, you're taking up too much space.