Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: America's fastest streetbike competition in 2006  (Read 30163 times)

THEMOTORHEAD

Re: America's fastest streetbike competition in 2006
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2005, 10:26:01 PM »
sorry i thought i read fastest streebike
ya know
make a pass
get in line make a pass
etc etc
see real streetbikes do not require changes or refreshments every mile
nor slicks or shaved tires
same old bs
fuck it id rather go somehwere safer
most i know won't even race there again including hank
to me its just another self promotional thing for a mag dons asociated with
or as i dubbed him
dr.spam

Offline JorNic Motorsports

• Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2005, 12:30:39 AM »
ah see now, there you go. had to go and spoil all the fun didnt cha?  :bah:
I see it this way... its not the scta, its legal and you dont have to worry about a bunch of fucking hot rod guys making rules for you.
I wont be running the event per-se, but will be there running in a "non-streetbike class" cause I wont be riding my own bike.

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2005, 01:10:59 AM »
email guthrie. I bet he already has it...

:lmao:
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline TRNorBRN6001

• Post Master
« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2005, 09:05:37 AM »
yeah, he did post a list of the top ten world fastest a little while back.

:shock: :shock: :shock: Them speeds are crazy  :shock: :shock: :shock:

• Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2005, 11:12:15 AM »
email guthrie. I bet he already has it...

:lmao:

thought you might like that John.

Offline JHerheim

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2005, 01:05:43 PM »
Sounds ok.  I'd like to watch go.   Sure it is advertisement for a magazine.  But how many events are not about $$.  It may be a good thing to bring this to the public.  Sure Maxton may not be brand new and perfect, but who says that it will stay that way,  Maybe a few $$ would help the facility? (I really don't know a thing about it)  Maybe the event will take off and happen at TX or anywhere else for that matter.   

For me (a nobody) It could be a chance to come out and watch, or try it myself, I don't have anything to run with the regulars let alone record but I might have fun trying.  Hell even in the event I would place dead last it could still be worth while.  And it would be ok to cash in my 15min of fame If by fluke I won something. 

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
  • 300mph or bust in 1 mile
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2005, 01:52:58 PM »
It's anybody's game in the "Closest to 150mph" category.  It doesn't matter what you ride, just who get's closet to 150mph and our laser tracking system is accurate to 4 decimals.  I'm going just because I usually go to one of the last meets every year and Sept. fits in my schedule.

Guy
Official Site Supporter
Guy Caputo - Tiger Racing - 300mph or bust in the 1 mile

Offline rustman

• Mad Post Whore
  • Garage Racer
« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2005, 11:14:13 PM »
For me (a nobody) It could be a chance to come out and watch, or try it myself, I don't have anything to run with the regulars let alone record but I might have fun trying.  Hell even in the event I would place dead last it could still be worth while.  And it would be ok to cash in my 15min of fame If by fluke I won something. 

You should go for it.  I've only done one event like this and I ended up doing better than I expected.  I would surely be humbled by some of these guys if I went to Maxton, but who cares?  It's a good time and you can prove something to yourself and learn a thing or two while you're at it.  I know my adrenaline was pumping when I made my runs and it still does when I think back on it and when I look forward to the next event.  I'm going to have to stay in Texas for now, but maybe I'll make it out to Maxton sometime.  It will no doubt be a weekend to remember.
Yeah, it made 500 hp at 32 psi.
233 mph Texas Mile
  ----- Powered by Cheese -----

Offline Ksana

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2006, 08:20:10 PM »
i wonder if any of the west coast heavy hitters will show? time to put  their money where their mouth is!! :D :D
ive been to maxton, scared the shit out of myself and have no need to go back!!!
it was cool when i went as the first rider down the track sat morning. i was held at the line as a ford pickup drove down the track honking its horn. i asked the starter why is he honking ? the starter replied" hes honking to scare the deer away. have a good run the course is yours" :shock:
:lol: :bah: That'll get you motivated :? Never been, but I'll be there this year :!:

Offline FastGixx

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2006, 11:36:39 PM »
ahh heck... i'll take another "wack" at it.   :evil: :lol:

Offline JHerheim

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2006, 05:59:13 PM »
Ok,  Now I've done it.  I've opened my mouth publicly to people that actualy could pick me out of a lineup.  I'm in, with both feet.  Bike best be done and tuned by May cause I'll be there in June for shakedown passes.  I've been talking about going to Maxton for 5 years time to make it happen, or die trying.

Hopefully my checkbook has enough 0's for TMH to tune a top 10 contender.   

It appears that the 1350cc non push rod record is there for the taking as of current listing on the site.  I hope it is still standing as is in June so I can be on that list if even for one pass.   

Offline Bergie

• Rider
« Reply #86 on: February 14, 2006, 08:17:46 PM »
I already know who will win unlimited all motor and unlimited power adder classes.

So that leaves 1000cc and under classes open for competition.   And I have a good idea who will win 1000cc power adder too.

Oh and 600cc and 1000cc all motor classes will likely go to a Coby built ZX's.

Hmm, that's really narrowing down the field.

Eh, I'll show up anyway and run for fun.   Maybe they will publish top 20 entries?  :wink:
8.85 ET @ 161.57 MPH
ECTA 200-Club 202.593 MPH
former drag racer - dontbescaredracing.com (retired)

Offline TRNorBRN6001

• Post Master
« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2006, 10:33:13 AM »
I don't know, I think you have a chance. Guy may blow or just not
show. I thought you were the top ZX-12 nos person out at Maxton, at around 217mph. I might be confused though.  Good luck to everyone.

Offline Team Millholland

• Rider
« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2006, 11:18:30 AM »
Quote:  I thought you were the top ZX-12 nos person out at Maxton, at around 217mph

Bergie's fast, but that honor belongs to Jim Owen.
Dan

Offline JHerheim

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2006, 01:07:00 PM »
Well I'd have to say that builders would be silly not to go to this and show off their product.   Somebody should take the time and drop Don or SSmag a line so they can get a project published or maybe run progress stories right up to the event.  It's cool reading about Lee and Barry, and Brock's stuff in that mag but  I'd like to see some diversity there.  I bet any one of you regulars could pitch an idea to be covered in a story too.   

Offline TRNorBRN6001

• Post Master
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2006, 01:19:17 PM »
Sorry, my mistake.

• Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #91 on: February 15, 2006, 02:12:33 PM »
home built machines is where this sport originated. home brew. that may be a starting point.

Offline rotts4u

• Post Whore
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2006, 09:58:00 PM »
Well I'd have to say that builders would be silly not to go to this and show off their product.   Somebody should take the time and drop Don or SSmag a line so they can get a project published or maybe run progress stories right up to the event.  It's cool reading about Lee and Barry, and Brock's stuff in that mag but  I'd like to see some diversity there.  I bet any one of you regulars could pitch an idea to be covered in a story too.   

Good idea but too late already. I would have to have photos and dyno sheets in hand now in order to get the story written up, laid out, proofed and to the mag in time to make it to the newstand before the event goes down. The mag is only published every two months which usually means it takes twice that long to make it to print. And of course the stuff that has already happened is written and already inline for print in the next issue.

Its not too hard to get announcements in  but feature bike-project bike write ups take some time to get print ready. What have you got in mind? Shoot me an email there is always the next issue you know

Don
motojournalism@aol.com

• Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2006, 01:51:22 AM »
you have an email Don.

Offline JHerheim

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2006, 07:33:06 AM »

Good idea but too late already. I would have to have photos and dyno sheets in hand now in order to get the story written up, laid out, proofed and to the mag in time to make it to the newstand before the event goes down. The mag is only published every two months which usually means it takes twice that long to make it to print. And of course the stuff that has already happened is written and already inline for print in the next issue.

Its not too hard to get announcements in but feature bike-project bike write ups take some time to get print ready. What have you got in mind? Shoot me an email there is always the next issue you know

Don
motojournalism@aol.com

No real story Ideas Don.  I was just hoping to see some people jump up and shoot you some e-mails and story ideas. I know there are lots of guys working hard in their unheated garages in the dead of winter to make a go at this.  But personally,  I'd like to see a small side story about any 1st time or new LSR competitor so you could really hit home with how hard it is to be fast like DaveO, or other's that put so much time and effort into it.

I will ask that you use your EIC, who seems to be looking forward to going 200mph.  You will need an afterstory for the event with results anyhow.

Offline rustman

• Mad Post Whore
  • Garage Racer
« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2006, 10:11:35 AM »
Yeah, the little guy, like some of us GDI's at the TEXAS MILE. 
Yeah, it made 500 hp at 32 psi.
233 mph Texas Mile