Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 240 and 300 tire install  (Read 15187 times)

Offline Jersey

• Apprentice Post Whore
240 and 300 tire install
« on: January 06, 2006, 12:40:12 PM »
? with the install of either 240 or 300 tire can you still have a passenger, eye candy (weight limit ?) does the extension on the rear make it a solo bike?  There is a post with the LE ORANGE/BLK frame singlesided 300 ,hands down cleanest bike with that setup.  Two part question, can you paint titanium pipes ?  Please send pictures, I have time I live in the cold tundra  MN.

Offline orangeamcs

• Post Whore
    • http://www.laniganperformance.com
Re: 240 and 300 tire install
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 03:32:56 PM »
I can get Ti pipes coated.  What color do you want them?  Paint will burn off.  Most companies that coat don't use a phosphate base coat so the ceramics will not stick.  The company I use does.

Eye candy is possible you will just need to adjust your spring rate.  Look on TRAC's website.  They have a pic of a 300 twindrive red hayabusa with a extended tail that is awsome.

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 04:49:54 PM »
This is my 240 kit installed on a 2005 busa, I decided to go with an air-ride system that is fully adjustable for ride hight and rebound tension...so if you add a passenger you can up the theoretical spring rate to compensate for the added weight and longer swingarm.  The pegs won't hit if you adjust the shock correctly, but if you go with the 300 size set up and want to keep a passenger peg system you may have to space them outbound to clear the swingarm.  These are my pics of my bike:

Offline Bowman

• Post Master
    • http://members.cardomain.com/95eclipsetuner
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 09:07:57 AM »
? with the install of either 240 or 300 tire can you still have a passenger, eye candy (weight limit ?) does the extension on the rear make it a solo bike?  There is a post with the LE ORANGE/BLK frame singlesided 300 ,hands down cleanest bike with that setup.  Two part question, can you paint titanium pipes ?  Please send pictures, I have time I live in the cold tundra  MN.

yes u can have a passenger......Do not paint titanium pipes they are so thin and have to dissapate heat so fast they will probably burn holes in themselves....y would u want to paint them?

Offline FloydV

• Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 10:07:51 AM »
Now that's a n
This is my 240 kit installed on a 2005 busa, I decided to go with an air-ride system that is fully adjustable for ride hight and rebound tension...so if you add a passenger you can up the theoretical spring rate to compensate for the added weight and longer swingarm.  The pegs won't hit if you adjust the shock correctly, but if you go with the 300 size set up and want to keep a passenger peg system you may have to space them outbound to clear the swingarm.  These are my pics of my bike:

[/quot

Now that's a nakad bike! Those pipes look really loud!

The mystical trend of our time, which shows itself particularly in the rampant growth of the so-called Theosophy and Spiritualism, is for me no more than a symptom of weakness and confusion.

Albert Einstein, 1921

Offline jjbusa33

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 11:02:49 AM »
im in love....    :P

Offline terco

• Rider
  • Lake Jackson Texas
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 07:12:26 AM »
my dream bike setup :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline nitroD

• Rider
    • freewebs.com/nitrodesign
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2006, 09:15:55 PM »
I am putting a 300 set up on my show bike for this summer wating on the pm contrast judge wheels.  The bigest drawback with the 240+ kits is that most tires over 200 mm are not rated over 100mph.  There is a 240 that just came out that is z rated but that is it.
Were not here for a long time, were here for a good time!

Offline ZEUS

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 05:56:46 PM »
I am putting a 300 set up on my show bike for this summer wating on the pm contrast judge wheels.  The bigest drawback with the 240+ kits is that most tires over 200 mm are not rated over 100mph.  There is a 240 that just came out that is z rated but that is it.

Darn it :!: :)

Offline NewJerseyBusa

• Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 09:00:23 AM »
what type of rim's are those??
1397 JE Pistons
Pair valve Mod
Full AirBox Mod
Ivans TRE
Speedo Healer
Acumens Digi Gear
Dyno Mapped
200 RWHP
power to the ground

Offline sugarnot

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2006, 08:37:01 PM »
what type of rim's are those??
rc component predators

Offline URBAN COWBOY

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2006, 04:37:38 AM »
Here's a few pics of a Busa with a 300 tire kit, and passenger I took at the AMA Prostar Drags in Gainesville. I'm really thinking about doing a mod like this in the near future. Since all I do is cruise my bike around town, it will make a good mod IMO.

URBAN COWBOY

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2006, 10:41:22 AM »
nice passenger,
OH I mean bike.
 :P

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2006, 06:24:10 PM »
Here is an update on my big tire build (10inch over swingarm) with the body on...a few draw backs that they don't tell you about adding a big tire kit...
1. you can't run a regular exhaust, without fabbing a special bracket or having the tube bent where it comes out the lowwer fairing
    this is probalby why most people run a sidewinder or a bozbro type exhaust on the big tire bikes...I tried on mine and the canister hit the swingarm due to clearance
    issues
2. you have to be real carefull with chain clearance and tension or your eat up your rims
3. and this they deffinately don't tell you when you buy the kits, I know because I had a major falling out with the company I bought mine from because they falsely   
    advertised all their kits as being bolt on with out any needed modifications.  If you go with the 240 size kit, you will have to grind out an 1/8 of an inch from the
    inside of the chain-side frame rail to clear the chain.
3. they do and have been making Z rated tires in up to a 250 for a while now, I'm not sure about over a 250 though. 
4. get the air ride system it makes a 300% difference in the adjustability and ability to ride a passenger, it also compensates for the extended swingarm that usualy is
    done with a big tire kit, the extension actualy changes all the ride quality for the worse if you don't do a modification to the suspension to compensate for the extra
    length. 

Offline nitroD

• Rider
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2006, 09:34:48 PM »
My 300 kit was shiped out on Thursday, I cant wait!!!!!!  It took 12 weeks due to the PM contrast wheels.  Thanks for the info on the air ride, i was undecided over it, now i know for shur :thumb:  I already bave the BOZ exhaust.

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2006, 07:31:45 PM »
I'm not overly pleased with C&S, feel like they liied in their advertisement of a bolt on kit...had I known that it was going to be all the bull-shit that it took to install the kit I may have went another route.  When I talked to them about it, they acted like it should have been known even though their own advertisement said bolt on with no modifications. 

Offline nitroD

• Rider
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2006, 04:29:14 PM »
I ordered mine from Roaring Toyz, i thought it would have been here today but it didnt show up.  :(

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2006, 06:14:57 PM »
Roaring Toyz, sells the C&S made swingarms, but they have their company logo machined into the rear tire spacer...so C&S actually makes the swingarms for them.  The difference is that Roaring Toyz customer service seems far better, I had problems with calling C&S, its like there is hardly ever a time when someone is there to answer the phone, and personally when you have that much money invested in their parts that is inexcusable.  As for the air-ride, go with the Tricky Air Ride system and you can get a remote to raise and lower the bike, plus it just looks cleaner than the shock cuz its all chrome.  When I get my bike back from getting it modded I'll take pics of the back of the bike with the air-ride up and down so you can see how it looks including the air-ride ram where the shock used to go.  I'm having the Boz Bro exhaust installed right now, but my mech (who has been with me for awhile now) is telling me the pipe is poorly constructed, bends are slightly off, and its busting his ass to get them to fit properly compaired to other aftermarket exhaust.  I had a Yoshimura Tri Oval I badly wanted to run on the bike, but due to the bigger ass end it wouldn't fit right.  Having a custom bent mid pipe to make it clear the swingarm didn't help either, for some reason it didn't look like a clean installation with the tire package.  This is my first truly custom build, so I guess this is part of the pains of building a custom...dealing with poor vendors, improper fitting parts, and making things work that aren't there from the factory.  Here are some pics of the air-ride durring mock up. 
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 06:19:05 PM by unit176 »

Offline steves06limited

• Rider
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2006, 09:24:38 PM »
how bad does the fat tire kit effect your turning i use about 3/4 of my stock tire tread do u think a fat tire would be ok?

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2006, 09:28:58 PM »
Let me tell you, if you are running a big tire kit with an extension I don't think you are looking to win the Daytona... :bah:....you might pull off the NHRA nationals :o