Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: lowered ZX14 ready for action.....  (Read 44867 times)

Offline Busa for hire

• Universal Post Whore
Re: lowered ZX14 ready for action.....
« Reply #125 on: January 23, 2006, 08:54:00 AM »
From bikeland.org...

According to the brochure dry weight is 210kg or 462pounds.

if thats true,it aint much lighter then the busa :?
busa is about 210kg dry either.

rumors,rumors :lol:

busa is a little heavier then that bro.. 8) try like 490lbs. dry. 550 wet.
previously owned a 01 blk/gry Busa little of this little of that...oh yeah and a ghetto turbo 320horse/200ft.lb. 8.92@169
Bikeless....for now.

Offline denise richards

• don long
  • Universal Post Whore
  • IMNOLONGER
« Reply #126 on: January 23, 2006, 08:57:59 AM »
From bikeland.org...

According to the brochure dry weight is 210kg or 462pounds.

if thats true,it aint much lighter then the busa :?
busa is about 210kg dry either.

rumors,rumors :lol:

busa is a little heavier then that bro.. 8) try like 490lbs. dry. 550 wet.
were brothers? :? :lol: :lol:

busa wet 248kgs(i know for sure)=545.6lbs :shock:

youre right bro :bah:

i was talking outta my asshole :oops:

soul on the way :wink:

THEMOTORHEAD

« Reply #127 on: January 23, 2006, 08:58:35 AM »
FORGET DRY WEIGHT
ALWAYS ALWAYS GO BY WET WEIGHT

THEMOTORHEAD

« Reply #128 on: January 23, 2006, 08:59:24 AM »
THE ALUM SUBFRAME BUSAS WERE THE 545
NOW THEY ARE LIL OVER 550

Offline denise richards

• don long
  • Universal Post Whore
  • IMNOLONGER
« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2006, 09:00:12 AM »
FORGET DRY WEIGHT
ALWAYS ALWAYS GO BY WET WEIGHT
very true.
busa is definatelly 550lbs wet.we know now.
and how muchs the 14r gonna be?anyone know? :?

Offline TurboBlew

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #130 on: January 23, 2006, 09:08:42 AM »
lol... as if.  The busa was out a full year before the 12.  I distinctly remember maybe 2 or 3 Busas running 9.50s@ 140s on long bikes with pipes, airshifters, and who knows what else at Prostar Nov 99.  Matter of fact, one of the busas was a good friend of mine.  Then Rickey made some passes on the 12. 9.50s@ 150 on a pre production stocker. The stands were pretty quiet then.
Rickey or Muzzy cheat as much as Marasco, NLR, Lee Shierts, or even the Motorhead.    Are you guys gonna call Lee Shierts a cheater when he gets an 07 Busa before anyone else??? (like he did with the 99s??)  8)     Christ.... its a natural progression to want to tinker.  The fact that some companies get a leg up on production bikes is nothing new.

What about the $20k bounty that was posted on Dragbike.com a few years ago.  You had to buy a bike from a random dealer and make it go 9.40s bone stock.  No tweaking, nothing(maybe just a lowering strap).    I see how many stepped up to the plate on that one...lol.

And you guys are right.  I believe the saying is YMMV.  Your Mileage May Vary....

Thats one thing i really have to wonder about why Kawi would have to send a bike somewhere to have it messed with before testing.Thats a bunch of bullshit.Get one outta the box and test the bitch and be real about it.or sooner or later your lies will catch up with you Kawi..... I like Kawi,s but i wanna see real world shit not prepped bikes.The old Busa can be prepped to run well also if tweaked.When I heard they sent a bike to Gadson I had to start thinking somthing dishonest is going on here.Sending a bike off to be tweaked and then claiming its stock...BULLSHIT :evil:
"go ahead...bring your mama!"

Offline TurboBlew

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #131 on: January 23, 2006, 09:17:11 AM »
Who is this??   
I know most wont believe my motor is stock other than a billet clutch basket (no nitrous, fuel controller, etc)...  but hey if you dont believe me it will cost ya $1500 to find out if you really want to know.  :wink:

....Altho he may not tell you all the little tricks he does to a bike and claim its all stock ill try to catch him at the dealership  :lmao:you know who im talkin to  :wink: :beechug:
"go ahead...bring your mama!"

Offline J R

• Nitromethane Wizard
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #132 on: January 23, 2006, 09:21:49 AM »
lol... as if.  The busa was out a full year before the 12.  I distinctly remember maybe 2 or 3 Busas running 9.50s@ 140s on long bikes with pipes, airshifters, and who knows what else at Prostar Nov 99.  Matter of fact, one of the busas was a good friend of mine.  Then Rickey made some passes on the 12. 9.50s@ 150 on a pre production stocker. The stands were pretty quiet then.
Rickey or Muzzy cheat as much as Marasco, NLR, Lee Shierts, or even the Motorhead.    Are you guys gonna call Lee Shierts a cheater when he gets an 07 Busa before anyone else??? (like he did with the 99s??)  8)     Christ.... its a natural progression to want to tinker.  The fact that some companies get a leg up on production bikes is nothing new.

What about the $20k bounty that was posted on Dragbike.com a few years ago.  You had to buy a bike from a random dealer and make it go 9.40s bone stock.  No tweaking, nothing(maybe just a lowering strap).    I see how many stepped up to the plate on that one...lol.

And you guys are right.  I believe the saying is YMMV.  Your Mileage May Vary....

Thats one thing i really have to wonder about why Kawi would have to send a bike somewhere to have it messed with before testing.Thats a bunch of bullshit.Get one outta the box and test the bitch and be real about it.or sooner or later your lies will catch up with you Kawi..... I like Kawi,s but i wanna see real world shit not prepped bikes.The old Busa can be prepped to run well also if tweaked.When I heard they sent a bike to Gadson I had to start thinking somthing dishonest is going on here.Sending a bike off to be tweaked and then claiming its stock...BULLSHIT :evil:
Well I know this guy who has one on order see and him and I are gonna go to the strip after he picks it up and find out what it will do  :wink: :lol: ehh right  :?: :D :wink: The only problem I have with the tweaking stuff is I like to know what somthing is stock.I know anything I own wont be stock for long so I like a starting point that real.You and I both Know turbo the Magazines are out to lunch on posted e.t,s and trap speeds for the most part.I just like knowing bone stock what somthing will do thats all.I know anything I own it wouldnt matter but maybe for a day or two till the UPS man gets here  :lol:

Offline J R

• Nitromethane Wizard
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #133 on: January 23, 2006, 09:25:21 AM »
Who is this??   
I know most wont believe my motor is stock other than a billet clutch basket (no nitrous, fuel controller, etc)...  but hey if you dont believe me it will cost ya $1500 to find out if you really want to know.  :wink:

....Altho he may not tell you all the little tricks he does to a bike and claim its all stock ill try to catch him at the dealership  :lmao:you know who im talkin to  :wink: :beechug:
I have never known you to bullshit..unless racing  :lmao: J/K I know you aint gonna spray it right off the bat.Your not much of a nitrous junky anyways. But i do predict some gears and map change  :D I dont care what ya do to it you know me I dont care what it is if its fast ill ride it.Fuck id ride a little red wagon if it went fast enough  :D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 09:36:34 AM by J R »

Offline J R

• Nitromethane Wizard
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #134 on: January 23, 2006, 09:28:59 AM »
By the way Turbo, Call me let me know your alive I aint heard from your ass in a few weeks  :?

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
« Reply #135 on: January 23, 2006, 12:20:19 PM »
Just get your asses to Gville Sat!

Offline Richiebusa

• Rider
« Reply #136 on: January 23, 2006, 01:31:08 PM »
went to javits center in n.y. bike show did see the zx14 it mite have the moter to beat the busa but it is eglyyyyyyyyyyyyyy it looks like a 1980 design. they did say the busa was ugly when it came out too. mybe i will have some good racing side by side with the 14,
RICHIEBUSA

Offline J R

• Nitromethane Wizard
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #137 on: January 23, 2006, 03:43:14 PM »
Just get your asses to Gville Sat!
I hope to.My bike is up at stock mild to wild having work done.Kevin/Ryan where checking things out for me carfully on the dyno and was tweeking the map a little and found a  problem  :? one that would have and was defenetly hurting the performance and would have caused me some problems had they not caught it now  or just sent me outta there like it was :shock: They are taking care of the bike for me now.Im not for sure when it will be done.But I know the bitch will be right when it leaves there  :wink:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 03:45:37 PM by J R »

Offline Mr. Demeanor

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #138 on: January 23, 2006, 04:02:13 PM »
Theyre all faster bone stock them 99% of us can use. If I had spent more time becoming a better rider then tweaking my bike I might still be able to see out of my right eye...and be faster on my stock bike  :? My guess is the that most of us spend more time making our bikes faster then makig our riding faster.
Pardon my spelling...I cant see the keyboard!!!!!

Offline Bowman

• Post Master
    • http://members.cardomain.com/95eclipsetuner
« Reply #139 on: January 23, 2006, 04:06:08 PM »
Theyre all faster bone stock them 99% of us can use. If I had spent more time becoming a better rider then tweaking my bike I might still be able to see out of my right eye...and be faster on my stock bike :? My guess is the that most of us spend more time making our bikes faster then makig our riding faster.

+1 makes a lot of sense. Soul for u :D

Offline denise richards

• don long
  • Universal Post Whore
  • IMNOLONGER
« Reply #140 on: January 23, 2006, 04:07:56 PM »
Theyre all faster bone stock them 99% of us can use. If I had spent more time becoming a better rider then tweaking my bike I might still be able to see out of my right eye...and be faster on my stock bike  :? My guess is the that most of us spend more time making our bikes faster then makig our riding faster.
very wise comment.but once you ridden a turboed bike the stockers gonna feel very slow :lol:

you made a very good point.the average joe cares to much about mag times wich he will never run anyway.

Offline Zmydust

• Post Master
« Reply #141 on: January 23, 2006, 05:39:29 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks that this bike SHOULD be faster. I mean its seven years newer. Do I think the 07 Busa will top it , yes. But the curent Busa does need to be topped, its getting dated. I own a 99, I love it but even looking at the guages and the way everything is beginning to look its dated. 

The new Busa needs to be about 40 lbs lighter ( which is realistic) and 1400-1500 cc's. Hell, they don't have to reinvent the wheel to beat this 14. A strong 1397 and some inventive frame , swingarm, wheel, and exhaust lightening will be plenty.

The current Busa chassis is already an excellent drag and straightline setup. Something the Kawi's have never seemed to be able to accomplish.

Jonathan
8.74 @166  9 PSI

Offline VPN

• Rider
  • Jesus=The Lord!
« Reply #142 on: January 23, 2006, 07:15:41 PM »
"busa is definatelly 550lbs wet.we know now.
and how muchs the 14r gonna be?anyone know?"

It should be less than the old Busa with easily breaking aluminium rear
Max 248kg
Min same as ZX-12R
------------------------
It's very good that this Kawasaki will beat the Hay'Bus' in every possible way
The Empire Strikes Back at '07

Offline poserdude

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #143 on: January 23, 2006, 07:36:34 PM »
I would like to use a manufacturer's scale...I would lose 50 pounds instantly!

Offline bigEd

• Post Whore
« Reply #144 on: January 23, 2006, 09:28:26 PM »
i like kawaski's bikes but damn thats ugly! :puke: for being that ugly it better be fast!

You read my mind.  this is the first picture I've seen of it.  Fucking monstrosity  :shock:
just cause it fits doesn't mean it looks right.

Offline ZEUS

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #145 on: January 23, 2006, 10:24:14 PM »
We will just have to wait and see what the 14 can really do!!

Offline D1

• New User!
  • Where am I?
« Reply #146 on: January 24, 2006, 07:22:36 PM »
If this is the new Busa they will loooooooose $ this is one ugly machine, maybe fairing would help.The new 14 I saw it sat on it it is not a good looking machine either.

Offline Bowman

• Post Master
« Reply #147 on: January 24, 2006, 07:42:50 PM »
If this is the new Busa they will loooooooose $ this is one ugly machine, maybe fairing would help.The new 14 I saw it sat on it it is not a good looking machine either.

huh?

Offline GSXRme

• Post Whore
  • Sand isn't your Friend
« Reply #148 on: January 24, 2006, 08:14:39 PM »

huh?

I think he was talking about my post about suzukis 6 cylinder 1100cc Bike motor... but who knows :D

Offline Bowman

• Post Master
« Reply #149 on: January 24, 2006, 08:21:00 PM »
oooo.....lol he confused me :D