Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: lowered ZX14 ready for action.....  (Read 44918 times)

Offline rumble phish

• Post Whore
Re: lowered ZX14 ready for action.....
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2006, 07:07:34 PM »
Wow, some of you guys are really scared aren't you?

The 14 is gonna kill the Busa. It'll kill it stock for stock. It'll be the quickest production bike ever built.

and you guys will go on about how your turboed Busa's will own any 14 out there.

Then someone will turbo or spray a 14 that'll rape your turbo Busa then you say "yeah but look how ugly the 14 is"

You guys are already making excuses about why the 14 wontill better the Busa. Your using every argument that the 12 owners used and you shot down.

It's painfully obvious how many of you just can't accept the fact that they finally made a bike stronger and faster than our beloved Busa. It's about fucking time! Hell the liter bikes are already giving us more than we can handle. Back when the Busa was new it didn't matter if the rider wasn't as good. it still killed anything in a straight line and most in the curves. Today is different though. The Gixxer1K, the ZX10, the R1, the CBR1KRR all keep up and are within a royal cunt hair of out power and speed (stock to standard mods). It's ALL rider nowadays. The Busa's power can't overcome an average rider against a good rider anymore.

And PUUUHLESE no more "well it wont be the fastest 'cause the 2000 Busa was the las UNRESTRICTED bike". Lets face it, if it wasn't restricted from the factory it would probably kill the Busa's top speed as well.

Let's just let it go and accept that our Busa is a motorcycling Icon. It's the living legend. It will be beat. So what? I still love it.

You guys will be either making more excuses when the 14's numbers are posted or you'll lusting after one and forsaking your faithful Busa.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 07:16:26 PM by rumble phish »
10-4 ya sonofabitch pileamonkeynuts!

Offline dogman

• Rider
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2006, 07:15:21 PM »
I have owned a bunch of different brans of bikes since I have been riding,,About 45 yrs give or take a couple...I like the Busa and Suzuki best..But if the new Busa does not come out and will own a Kaw..Even though it will be hard...Had twwo 99 Busa's and ready to get another bike be it a Busa or a Kaw...That does not mean I will still not love the Busa..

Offline Wolf1397

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
  • AKA Wolf
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2006, 07:37:21 PM »
Motorcycle manufactures list horsepower in many countries in Europe.  The Hayabusa has 175 hp.  This is of course on the crank.  Kawasaki has not listed a number yet for the ZZR 1400, but the representatives at bike shows and dealers are whispering 192 hp.  Time will tell…

Wolf

Offline zx12-iowa

• Rider
« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2006, 07:39:59 PM »
you guys crack me up.  you think the bike will add 20 rwhp over the 12?   :lol:  maybe 10.  and with the mods- he'll even the cbr1100s are a factor with turbo kits.  So with those types of mods it won't be much of a factor.  I loved the zx12 styling, but ths zx14 is just dated looking.  hope it looks better in person :(

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2006, 07:57:42 PM »
Rumble - the new 14 will bust the Busa - no doubt.  BUTTTTTTTTTT  with the head/cylinder design ONCE AGAIN Kawakasaki fugged up...

The next gen Busa WILL (wanna bet) have the 14 covered...

Offline CADDYWOMPUS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2006, 08:59:51 PM »
 I saw and sat on it tonight at the NY show  . I dunno .I didnt think it looked to bad..

The rep there told me it was 480 lbs dry  and 200 hp 100 ft lbs at crank.  If true that makes it about 175-180 at the wheel right ?   

I might try one a year or 2 down the road  Weather its a split hair faster than a busa or not dosent make much difference to me as long as its power  gives me a woodie :lol: .

Im not a  die hard Kaw fan or even the least bit brand loyal so I dont care if they fail or suceed with that thing.
"you are both queerbait and im the queer"-pat dietrich

Offline Pat Dietrich

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • 8.6 @ 160 all motor
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2006, 09:04:58 PM »
They don't worry me (much :() :lol:   If they are truely an 8 sec bike with just a few mods, it will definatly make for an interesting year on the street and the dragstrip.  Its about time somebody once and for all dethrones the busa, At least the pre 07 busa :yes: Cant wait for some cocky punk to roll along side of me on a highway and send him home crying  :yes: :smokin:

Offline havabusa12r

• Rider
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2006, 09:06:51 PM »
Think about it this way?

If you are NOT going to buy the 14 (for whatever reason) WHY do you care how fast it is or isn't?

Offline rem300ultra

• Post Whore
« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2006, 09:18:21 PM »
If it is faster than the Busa, maybe Suzuki will get off of their tails and upgrade the Busa. It's about time. Seven years is a long time not to make any performance upgrades.

Offline JHerheim

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2006, 09:40:01 PM »
It sure as hell better make more power than a stock Busa,  12r's did.  Kawi's got the right setup to make more HP.  big bore, short stroke and rev the piss out of it.   Based on what I saw of local 12's that were stock they dyno'd around 160hp +-2.   I'll bet showroom stock 14r's will make 15hp more.  Pipe and fuel tweaking will show mid 190's if not 200 easy.  That's my opinion.   What will SUZUKI come up with?  WHO CARES!!  money is to be made in the 600 and liter class.  I think that most of us own Suzuki's VMAX.  Why change the bike when they still sell?   I'll keep my dumpy turbo busa and be happy with it for now.  There is always going to be somebody bigger and faster out there.   

But that seat sure looks stupid, I bet it's comfy

Offline GSXRme

• Post Whore
  • Sand isn't your Friend
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2006, 10:52:54 PM »
Oh oh... PROOF... Kawi built the ZX-14 off the ZX-12 design... There for the bike is doomed before it rolls of the show room floor for being a POS brick.
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx?ArticleID=2503&Page=1

:lol: old news  :twisted:

Offline GSXRme

• Post Whore
  • Sand isn't your Friend
« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2006, 11:40:00 PM »
HEAR ME OUT...!!!

Guys... Not to bring it up or anything but I REALY REALY think this motor is for the 2007 Hayabusa. The Suzuki Stratosphere is a fully running Six cylinder 1100cc ball of joy... Suzuki released a Video of the bike driving, speeding down a road and going into turns. Another video was also released of its F1 sounding motor. Even if its 1100cc this torque crazy motor will bring Kawi completely back to the drawing board. EURO 3 mandates motors like the Stratosphere and I don't think increasing the 99-06 motors CC will do the fix for the 2007 model. Remember 1 thing, the Stratosphere is a prototype, so we maybe looking at a 1280cc Six cylinder, 24 valves and 210RWHP bike.

About the body... Change of the front ends ram air vents maybe increased to cope with the bigger motor. Maybe even putting a sparper headlamp on to make it look retro. The 99-06 Hayabusa is PERFECT for high speed runs. Aerodynamics is the key and Suzuki won't F it up like Kawi did with the ZX-12 and ZX-14.

Another rumor... is Suzuki won't use the HAYABUSA name anymore.. They will use a different name for a somewhat of a different bike. I don't think that will happen.

I am almost to the point that I will start betting money on the Stratosphere motor part though. They released the bike in the 05 Tokyo bike show and not anymore that afew months, suzuki announced there doing the final touches to the 07 motor :P

Thats my toughts, not yours.!!!

LOOK AT THIS MOTOR... Get use to it... its the 07 Hayabusas. :P It used nearly the same tech design as the 4 cylinder we know of now and what looks to be the same dam oil pan. Suzuki also uses hiden mufflers like the 2006 600/750.

LINKY!!! ----> http://www.gizmag.com/go/4770/
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 11:43:09 PM by GSXRme »

Offline bobby5150

• Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2006, 11:50:06 PM »
i havent read through all the posts yet but did somebody say the zx14 is ugly yet because if so then

+1
"A man doesn't automatically get my respect. He has to get down in the dirt and beg for it."

Offline COLDSTONE1300

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2006, 01:19:28 AM »
and you guys will go on about how your turboed Busa's will own any 14 out there.

Then someone will turbo or spray a 14 that'll rape your turbo Busa then you say "yeah but look how ugly the 14 is"

Well alot of turbo tuners have had a go at that "Unique" frame design and so far, Turbo busa's remain king. I don't see a 1350 changing much when the airbox/frame is still a joke with Boost Tuning. I think you can guess what happens if the Busa gets Revamped.

This is competition though which in the end means faster bikes for all of us.  That's what counts. If the 1400 isn't faster then the current busa then we'll all lose since there won't be much reason for a new busa when a 5 year old design still isn't toppled.

Offline SLOWBUSA

• Post Whore
« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2006, 01:47:30 AM »

If this is the next busa engine, put me on the waiting list. :twisted:

Offline denise richards

• don long
  • Universal Post Whore
  • IMNOLONGER
« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2006, 07:03:37 AM »
so does anyone know when the 14 is going to be released ?
once the motors dont break anymore :lol:

Offline denise richards

• don long
  • Universal Post Whore
  • IMNOLONGER
« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2006, 07:05:35 AM »

If this is the next busa engine, put me on the waiting list. :twisted:
dont think so.where will they fit that thing? :?

Offline mokaw

• Rider
« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2006, 09:52:40 AM »
HEAR ME OUT...!!!

Guys... Not to bring it up or anything but I REALY REALY think this motor is for the 2007 Hayabusa. The Suzuki Stratosphere is a fully running Six cylinder 1100cc ball of joy... Suzuki released a Video of the bike driving, speeding down a road and going into turns. Another video was also released of its F1 sounding motor. Even if its 1100cc this torque crazy motor will bring Kawi completely back to the drawing board. EURO 3 mandates motors like the Stratosphere and I don't think increasing the 99-06 motors CC will do the fix for the 2007 model. Remember 1 thing, the Stratosphere is a prototype, so we maybe looking at a 1280cc Six cylinder, 24 valves and 210RWHP bike.

About the body... Change of the front ends ram air vents maybe increased to cope with the bigger motor. Maybe even putting a sparper headlamp on to make it look retro. The 99-06 Hayabusa is PERFECT for high speed runs. Aerodynamics is the key and Suzuki won't F it up like Kawi did with the ZX-12 and ZX-14.

Another rumor... is Suzuki won't use the HAYABUSA name anymore.. They will use a different name for a somewhat of a different bike. I don't think that will happen.

I am almost to the point that I will start betting money on the Stratosphere motor part though. They released the bike in the 05 Tokyo bike show and not anymore that afew months, suzuki announced there doing the final touches to the 07 motor :P

Thats my toughts, not yours.!!!

LOOK AT THIS MOTOR... Get use to it... its the 07 Hayabusas. :P It used nearly the same tech design as the 4 cylinder we know of now and what looks to be the same dam oil pan. Suzuki also uses hiden mufflers like the 2006 600/750.

LINKY!!! ----> http://www.gizmag.com/go/4770/
And you guys think the ZX14 is ugly? :roll:
Jesus is the light of the world.

Offline GSXRme

• Post Whore
  • Sand isn't your Friend
« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2006, 11:12:08 AM »
I beleave I said motor. Bike itself is nothing. I did notice the rotors are different, almost like cars.

Yes that bike is UGLY but they test they're best ideas on it.

Offline TrickTom1

• HOT ROD
  • Site Donor
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • In God We Trust
« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2006, 11:23:00 AM »
Busa all the way, but the 14 looks a ton better lowered.

Offline craigster

• Rider
    • Hell Fire Performance
« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2006, 11:25:42 AM »
Kawasaki's 14 better be faster.  They've had seven years to work on it.  They've always had good top end power but the loved to make the ports too big.  Old ZX900 ninjas were a prime example of how to kill power by making sewer pipes for intakes.

Hopefully they've put in good rods and an oiling  system that can feed them to keep them from failing (another reason - even though they've had seven years there may not be much improvement)  Remember ZX900 #3 rod failures in '84  - same #3 died regularly in the 1000's   - Not a good CIP Engineering team if you ask me.   then consider the #3 od failed in the ZX10....Hey anybody see a pattern?  At least they fixed it in the ZX11.....Oh wait a mintue....I take that back.  Four products later they were still failing!!!!!  To their credit they had it figured out by 2000  .....only took 16 years! :shock:

They've had seven with this one, we''ll see where it get's them. :D

Offline EXTREMEFUN1300

• Cycle Tek
  • Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • www.cycle-tek.com
« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2006, 12:51:49 PM »
It looks like a Praying Mantus.......really really ugly, and can rip the head off a cricket in 2 seconds flat!   :bah:
I'll take my slow, stock Busa thank you very much.

Offline Black-n-Blusa

• Post Whore
    • SMP
« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2006, 01:06:06 PM »
How many of you have actually seen one in person or sat on one?  I like it and it's way more comfortable to me than a Busa (and I own two Busas).  It's also a ton lighter (43 lbs).  Sling a leg over it and you'll know instantly.  I'll always have room in my garage for one stocker that is my hyper-touring mount, and this is going to be it, for now.  If Suzuki comes up with something I like better, I'll buy that next....
Current Stable:
1990 RB Racing Turbo ZX-11
2000 MCXpress Turbo Busa
2006 ZX-14
2009 Husqvarna TE510

Offline GSXRme

• Post Whore
  • Sand isn't your Friend
« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2006, 01:21:57 PM »
What ever happened to taking that $12,000 for buying a new bike and making your current Busa run 8s? I much so rather put a turbo and 1397cc kit on my current Busa then buying another stock.

---Thats my opinion, not yours---

Offline denise richards

• don long
  • Universal Post Whore
  • IMNOLONGER
« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2006, 01:42:13 PM »
How many of you have actually seen one in person or sat on one?  I like it and it's way more comfortable to me than a Busa (and I own two Busas).  It's also a ton lighter (43 lbs).  Sling a leg over it and you'll know instantly.  I'll always have room in my garage for one stocker that is my hyper-touring mount, and this is going to be it, for now.  If Suzuki comes up with something I like better, I'll buy that next....
those 43lbs difference=empty tank and no oil and water? :?
i doubt it thats much lighter :?