Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Do I need to re-map?  (Read 3679 times)

Offline Busa47586

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Where am I?
Do I need to re-map?
« on: January 24, 2006, 09:19:52 PM »
I realize that this has to have been covered here, but I'm new to the site and can't find it.  So I'll ask anyway.  My '06 LE came in early (I was supposed to have to wait until March.)  I have a set of Yosh TRS slip-ons to put on it.  I'm not really looking for power out of them, just a little sound.  Will I need to re-map the fuel injection?

Thanks.

Busa47586

Ahab

Re: Do I need to re-map?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 11:24:26 PM »
Couldnt hurt, but more than likely...no

Offline RACNRAY

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 01:44:56 PM »
the need to remap is based on the engines air/fuel requirements.remember,ALL engines these days have certain rpm's and throttle positions leaned out to meet emission regulations.a completely stock bike will benefit from remapping.the most noticable gains will be in throttle responce,engine smoothness and a little more power thru the rpm/throttle position  range,mostly in those leaned out areas.now take that same bike and put slip-ons(or bolt-ons) on and it's fuel requirements will
change. i have plenty of skoots with s/o-b/ons that the owner was happy with the way it ran.this is what i tell them: if u detect any roughness in throttle responce,increase in engine vibration,hesitations or loss of power,or even poorer gas mileage,then the engine performance will benefit greatly with FI tuning. back in 2000 i did some very minor FI tuning on my stock busa with my plug-in yosh box,focusing only on low speed fuel adjustments.not only did the engine performance and throttle responce improve,i went from an average of 38mpg to 42 mpg.a good example of how minor tuning can help.
if u want ur skoot to run it's best,period, then count on doing some FI tuning to get it there.
HOPE THIS HELPS
RACNRAY
TRUE HAPPINESSS IS RAILIN' MY BUSA IN THE TWISTIES!!

Offline JC PAINT WORKZ

• Post Whore
  • []D [] []\/[] []D
    • JC PAINT WORKZ
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 11:42:20 PM »
its good to map any engine even stock from the factory... like he said every engine is diff. but i dont think your going to gain anything off slip ons just buy a full system you'll be impressed i was!!!