Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: what is a good chain to go with  (Read 4193 times)

Offline 91shplx

• Rider
what is a good chain to go with
« on: June 29, 2003, 11:29:00 PM »
My chain broke tonite with 1500mil on it 2003 hayabusa anyone ??  
Chrome won't get you home. But it sure looks good pushing it

Offline Dwight-PA

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2003, 11:52:00 PM »
D.I.D. ZVM X-Ring (10,400 tensile strength). It's not a gold chain but it's a great chain. I have about 10,000 miles on mine now and it doesn't have any kinks or missing X-rings and it's not prone to stretching.

Offline 02SE

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2003, 12:08:00 AM »
I think motorhead uses the EK 530ZVX chain on his turbo busas. Thats a good enough recommendation for me.  

rat

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2003, 03:29:00 AM »
Damm how did it break so soon.Only have 1,100 miles on my 02 but I dragrace the shit out of it geared down with slick+bars chain is fine.
Know its A wear part but I would go back to dealer and raise hell  

Offline 91shplx

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2003, 09:14:00 AM »
Its fucked up thay say Suzuki dosn't Warranty  the chain     so i have to buy one . hell thats not all 2nd gear is gone you can drive it in 2nd after you get in to it then  will jump as long as you don't ride it hard it won't do it But Suzuki is paying for that so if anyone ever has that to happen to them raise hell with them thay will fix the    i called Suzuki and talked to the head guy he called my dealer like i say raise hell

Offline oilheadron

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2003, 11:18:00 PM »
quote:
Its fucked up thay say Suzuki dosn't Warranty the chain  so i have to buy one . hell thats not all 2nd gear is gone you can drive it in 2nd after you get in to it then will jump as long as you don't ride it hard it won't do it But Suzuki is paying for that so if anyone ever has that to happen to them raise hell with them thay will fix the  i called Suzuki and talked to the head guy he called my dealer like i say raise hell  
Hmmmmm...can you tear up a ball bearing with your bare hands too?? Please don't add fuel to the "my stock chain was SHIT" wive's tail.  

Offline 91shplx

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2003, 01:34:00 PM »
[/QUOTE]Hmmmmm...can you tear up a ball bearing with your bare hands too?? Please don't add fuel to the "my stock chain was SHIT" wive's tail.      [/QB][/QUOTE]

what are you trying to say? Shit happens!  I've never tryed to tear a ball bearing with my hands but i'll get back to on that  
NO i can't but give my a hammer and a torch and that bearing is mine        

Offline StreetnTrack

• Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2003, 08:37:00 PM »
We have DID and EK chains in stock.  Shoot us a email if you still need one.

Offline 91shplx

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2003, 11:55:00 PM »
Thanks for the input i'm going to try the D.I.D if i don't like it i'll try the EK  
Thanks Busa friends  

Offline Jay

• Post Master
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2003, 02:10:00 AM »

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2003, 03:13:00 AM »
My chain spit out at 1200 miles,I wasn't even beating/racing it yet,And I was only going about 30MPH..It bent the clutch rod and shortly after my tranny went!! My dealer said SUZUKI wouldn't cover it at the time(00)..

I thought because I was going easy and the chain came right out it didn't do any damage,I was wrong it even cracked the tranny cover on the way out!!

I have a TSUBAKI SIGMA Now with 7500 Hard miles..No problems yet..(knock on WOOD!!)...

Just My 0.02    

Offline oilheadron

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2003, 06:28:00 AM »
quote:
My chain spit out at 1200 miles,I wasn't even beating/racing it yet,And I was only going about 30MPH..It bent the clutch rod and shortly after my tranny went!! My dealer said SUZUKI wouldn't cover it at the time(00)..

Where did the chain fail (master link??) and what did the break look like? Your bike only had 1200 miles on it and the OEM chain broke just like that??

Offline 91shplx

• Rider
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2003, 08:22:00 AM »
Well i get my bike back today