Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: BUSA vs. ZX14 - what does 50cc's?  (Read 78577 times)

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
Re: BUSA vs. ZX14 - what does 50cc's?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 02:21:26 AM »
I was just going to post the same link..

pretty good test and pretty much I expected the outcome would be!!

Busa is not to far behind for 7 year old design!!!

:D

THEMOTORHEAD

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 02:23:56 AM »
well now that thats done we will let the aftermarket decide WHO is king
cause last time i checked not many people are leaving their bikes stock

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 03:46:54 AM »
those results dont really say much at all?

so a drag racer did runs on two stock sport touring bikes? wht does that tell you? they are basically equal at drag racing and one bike is slightly quicker?

posting drag racing results for these two bikes then saying one can still contend with the other is like saying you can use horse shit as an explosive, sure it works but horse shit is better used as a fertilizer....  :roll:

neither bike was designed for drag racing, they are both sport touring bikes, lets see them tested for their intended use, if you dont know how thats done, I can handle it...  :wink:

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 08:56:21 AM »
well now that thats done we will let the aftermarket decide WHO is king
cause last time i checked not many people are leaving their bikes stock

I think it was decided a long time ago... :lol:

Offline show2ime2000

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 09:15:09 AM »
So what, we should let Matt mladin do dragstrip testing for them? Most people I know drag there Busas so that's why we want those numbers. 1/4 mile times sell sportbikes and sportscars for that matter. If I want a touring bike I will buy a goldwing...

Offline 02 busa se

• Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 09:22:35 AM »
     if its suppose to be the most powerful kawi engine to date..it should have no problem running a lower number (1/4 mile) then the  12r, and Im sure for the first major test in the mags Kawi will get the best rider, best bike..monday bike, and make enough runs till they get a faster time....numbers sell bikes and with those looks its goign to need a good number....I predict 9.7        

nice guess..............

Offline Cecil_Stringer

• Post Master
  • Velocity Powered
    • http://web.tampabay.rr.com/cstringer/
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2006, 09:58:43 AM »
Straight from Rickey Gladson

During a top secret test in Phoenix Arizona, with whether conditions, a beautiful 80 degrees with an adjusted altitude of 1800 ft.........a 2006 Hayabusa and a 2006 Kawasaki ZX14 were run head to head, both with 800 miles on them, both with stock gearing,stock pipes, stock height, stock tires(same air pressure),stock settings on chassis,same gas out of same jug(pump), and same rider(me)
alternating between both bikes after 4 runs a piece.

After 4 runs on the Hayabusa, a baseline ET of 9.92@ 141.55 (STOCK HEIGHT)

4 runs on the ZX14 netted a baseline of 9.77 at 145.89

after 6 sets of 4 runs a piece ,the best numbers looked like this
Hayabusa............. ZX
1.66.................... 1.66
4.31.................... 4.34
6.34.................... 6.27
114.44 mph.......... 117.10 mph

9.901 @ 142.00      9.755 @ 146.20    STOCK HEIGHT!!!!!!!

Without being biased, if anyone ever gets a chance to ride the 2 bikes, one behind the other, you too will be amazed at how much of a difference you feel in acceleration.

The 06 Busa is still a respectable and capable motorcycle!

From Rickey...

As promised..........................here are the official numbers and info everyone around the country is waiting for.

I am doing this as a public service so lets not let this get out of hand with the non-believers.

These are real production motorcycles and the performances are real, and realistic, and can be duplicated with any off the shelf ZX14, cause we have tested more than one with same results.
I hope no one has built up there expectations so high that the real numbers are un-impressive.........................but here it is.

2006 Kawasaki ZX14
mods-------slammed
                no air filter
THATS IT!!!!

Stock pipes
stock gearing
87 octane pump gas
stock tires
ABSOLUTELY NO TRICKS

60ft ............... 1.56
330ft  ............. 4.04
660ft  ..............6.08 @ 120.90
1000ft  ............7.85

1320ft              9.36 @ 147.71

remember this was acheived with stock gearing, most notable was 47 runs in one day with same clutch.
At one point we made 12 back to back runs, clutch is UNBELIEVABLE!!!   STOCK GEARING!!!!!!!!

Torque is unbeleivable, and allows you to leave under 4000 RPM and still have to fight the front wheel.

I think even more impressive than that is the results me and Coby got with a 6 inch over arm (64 inches).

MODS

64 inches
Pirelli
Air shifter
MR9
SLIP ON MUZZYS CANISTER
no Air filter
1 tooth smaller counter shaft(16)

1.36 1.37
3.66 3.68
5.59 @ 126.55 5.62 @125.73
7.28 7.32

8.73 @ 154.55       8.78 @ 153.54

PS - blue bottle is for Air Shifter not nitrous!

Semper Fi,
Cecil out...

Offline 02 busa se

• Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2006, 10:38:48 AM »
I think the 02 SE is going up for sale..time for a change.

Offline Neighborhood Creep

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2006, 10:39:34 AM »

so a drag racer did runs on two stock sport touring bikes? wht does that tell you? they are basically equal at drag racing and one bike is slightly quicker?

posting drag racing results for these two bikes then saying one can still contend with the other is like saying you can use horse shit as an explosive, sure it works but horse shit is better used as a fertilizer....  :roll:

neither bike was designed for drag racing, they are both sport touring bikes, lets see them tested for their intended use, if you dont know how thats done, I can handle it...  :wink:

WHAT? 2/10's and 3 to 4 mph is a huge difference.

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2006, 10:45:03 AM »

WHAT? 2/10's and 3 to 4 mph is a huge difference.

Actually it was .15 and 4mph...  The MPH won't really show unless on the street in roll on's but the new 1000SS bikes out mph the Busa/12R also.  Remember also that Shine went 9.50 on a stock Busa as well... 

Offline Neighborhood Creep

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2006, 10:50:22 AM »

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore

Offline Revalot # 1

• Post Master
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2006, 11:25:51 AM »
I think the 02 SE is going up for sale..time for a change.

What IF a New busa is coming, We should know by JUNE/July, I would not jump ship.
Member since Oct 29, 2002, Im in Texas
2002 Hayabusa S/G color,The Sledge Hammer,With Muzzys Digi-Kill air shifter, 1397cc 200 HP By JohnneyCheese
ZX14R
Im Following Jesus, wana come ?

Offline VPN

• Rider
  • Jesus=The Lord!
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2006, 11:48:41 AM »
The new Busa should be announced at May
and getting shipped as an early release at August
1497cc, 200hp on back wheel, heavy but affordable
 :hellno:

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2006, 12:05:05 PM »
New busa would have to have alot more then 100 cc or even 30 more hp before I would sell mine and buy a new one. Sorry I dont like first year anything, to many issues can arise.

Plus sell my bike get maybe 8k New bike 12k 4k difference for say 30 hp more. 1397 or turbo would do a good deal more hp then that. So unless they do alot of really good stuff that I would need to do anyway, plus looks I will stick with my bike.
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline ZEUS

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2006, 12:33:54 PM »
If I get anything new it will be the new Busa.  But you can see that Kaw was trying for speed on top just look at how long the cans are on the exhaust!

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2006, 12:57:13 PM »
Suzuki better unveil their new secret weapon ... they knew the ZX-14 was coming a long time ago I'd bet.  New Busa on the horizon to compete IMO. :yes:

In the mean time, we'll have to listen to the ZX squirrels enjoy their 4 months of glory. :lol2:
PMDC Motor Theory ... Back EMF is the Key.

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2006, 01:27:26 PM »
So what, we should let Matt mladin do dragstrip testing for them? Most people I know drag there Busas so that's why we want those numbers. 1/4 mile times sell sportbikes and sportscars for that matter. If I want a touring bike I will buy a goldwing...

my goodness!

how long have you been riding sportbikes? 1/4 mile times don't sell any bikes, cept maybe a hardley... fact is only a tiny tiny fraction of the people that purchase sportbikes run 1/4 mile, AMA road racing sells sportbikes, along with WSB and motoGP...

these bikes are not intended for drag racing period! they are road bikes designed for roads that have bends in them and this so called test don't prove squat, all ricky is saying is that my liiterbike will wax a 14 in the 1/4 mile... allready know it will litterally SHRED it in the twisties..

feel the acceleration? jeez could it have lighter rims and possibly a few more HP?  whats the wheelbase on the 14?

like I said, lets wait for the REAL results, for now we know what they will do from stop light to stop light, an above average rider on a busa can beat an average rider on a 14, WoW!
and to think with the 14 you get all that modern styling and design....

if you think the 14 is a modern marvel perhaps you should run out and buy one? btw, the 05 zx10 had a better 1/4 mile time than the 05 gsxr 1000, I have seen maybe 4 of them in seattle and maybe 100 GSXRs, how do you explain that?

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2006, 01:37:36 PM »
Suzuki better unveil their new secret weapon ... they knew the ZX-14 was coming a long time ago I'd bet.  New Busa on the horizon to compete IMO. :yes:

In the mean time, we'll have to listen to the ZX squirrels enjoy their 4 months of glory. :lol2:

busa wont change, suzuki will let their literbike handle the 14, well unless ricky is onboard, I dont recall suzuki giving him a gixxer to test...  :roll:

and remember scotty 1/4 mile times sell the z06, not lap times! and beware of the mighty 14, your about to be passed...  :lmao:

Offline Mospeada

• Post Master
  • Representing San Diego's back roads. Woot!
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2006, 02:03:07 PM »
Looks like Kawi finally did there homework. I'm much more impressed that the clutch also looks like it's holding up. Still, it'll be a hard bike to to wrench on.

I, for one, am not worried about it. Can't wait to race one. They look like they are about as fast as a K5, only the front end is staying down.
Take off like a 13, flick it like a 6

Offline jeffw

• Post Whore
    • JSD Products, LLC
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2006, 02:10:22 PM »
Sure would be nice to see a production bike run......not a 1 or 2 special.

Offline denise richards

• don long
  • Universal Post Whore
  • IMNOLONGER
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2006, 02:23:59 PM »
WOW.THAT 14 PRETTY MUCH STOMPED THE BUSA A NEW ONE :shock: :shock:

8.7S WITH BOLTONS THATS SOMETHING EVEN STAGE1 TURBOS DONT RUN:shock: :shock:

TRAPSPEEDS 150+ :shock:

CONGRATS KAWI.WELL DONE :D

LETS HOPE SUZUKI COMES OUT WITH SOMETHING THAT WILL BLOW THAT 14 OUT OF IT WAY 8)

Offline mrcisco

• Rider
    • http://members.cox.net/mrcisco/index.html
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2006, 03:17:04 PM »
I figured the zx-14 would be a hair bit faster, but not much. I still would buy a Busa over a 14, I think they are ugly as hell. After 7 years of the same design, I would hope Suzuki has a new busa coming out for next year. But, rumors have been speculating this for the last couple of years. Suzuki would be stupid if they kept the same design for next year.

Offline mrcisco

• Rider
    • http://members.cox.net/mrcisco/index.html
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2006, 03:28:26 PM »
Hell, now I'm thinking about putting a turbo on my busa. Is their anyone that has a turbo Busa and what kind, how much did it cost them? Just curious.