Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: BUSA vs. ZX14 - what does 50cc's?  (Read 78570 times)

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
Re: BUSA vs. ZX14 - what does 50cc's?
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2006, 03:31:13 PM »
and remember scotty 1/4 mile times sell the z06, not lap times! and beware of the mighty 14, your about to be passed...  :lmao:

Did I just hear a squirrel chewing on some nuts? ... :lol2:
PMDC Motor Theory ... Back EMF is the Key.

Offline foresteronw

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2006, 03:34:06 PM »

8.7S WITH BOLTONS THATS SOMETHING EVEN STAGE1 TURBOS DONT RUN:shock: :shock:

TRAPSPEEDS 150+ :shock:

Superstreetbike got a Busa with simlar mods into the 8's not that long ago.  Still impressive as hell though.  I will say it's much closer than I thought, I figured for sure it would be a much more one sided event.

Offline Anton

• Post Master
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2006, 03:43:39 PM »
I'm glad i got my THEMOTORHEAD Ghetto Turbo kit, should get me covered for a while  :P 8) :lol:

Offline FastBikes4Life

• Rider
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2006, 03:51:53 PM »
I'm glad they included those MODS numbers because I wasn't very impressed by the stock numbers. If someone with some skill on a Busa (or ZX-10R, GSX-R1000) challenges you, you're going to be in for a long day unless your skills are up to par. I saw the 14 at the Chicago International Bike Show and Kawasaki listed 474 pounds as the dry weight. Isn't the ZX-12R 475 pounds? I thought there were going to be significant weight changes to this bike.

Finally, it seems to me that all Suzuki has to do to make the Hayabusa compete on par with this bike is unload the dual exhaust in favor of a lighter titanium single side and apply the same recipe to the Hayabusa as they did the GSX-R1000. When the 1K debuted (2001) it delivered about 140 horses to the rear wheel. 4 years later it delivered a solid 150. The Hayabusa delivered 155 to the rearwheel in 1999. With similar changes to the motor, head and programming I don't see why the ole 1300 can't put 165 to the rear wheel. Go up a couple teeth in the back (since top speed doesn't matter anymore) and the Busa is neck and neck - if not ahead of Kawasaki's flagship bike with a 7 year old design. In my opinion Kawasaki should have come out with a bigger statement than this. Further, I know they're capable of doing so because the ZX-10R is a monster!

Fast
Holy Crap, I have to sell this ZX-12R!!

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2006, 07:58:15 PM »
I'm glad they included those MODS numbers because I wasn't very impressed by the stock numbers. If someone with some skill on a Busa (or ZX-10R, GSX-R1000) challenges you, you're going to be in for a long day unless your skills are up to par.

nothing will help the 14 against a gixxer, why do you think they gave a bike to a straight line guy and not the editors of the U.K magazines? why do you think they haven't released the wheelbase and weight numbers?

because they are trying to hype it up with a straight line number in a 1/4 mile then drop the bomb on you after they catch your attention...

I wish Rickey had the nuts to take that piece of shit to a road course, I would pack up the gixxer right now and meet him there personally just to show him what a fucking pig that thing REALLY is....

left my wallet in El-Segundo...  :roll:

Offline KevinStough

• El Niño Samoa
  • Rider
  • It don't hurt till the bone shows
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2006, 08:40:19 PM »
Too damn hard to get past the zx14's ugly factor.... :bah:
I don't think it will be long before Suzuki steps up to the plate .
05' Suzuki Hayabusa   black&silver
06' Suzuki LTZ400       yellow

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2006, 11:17:41 PM »
nothing will help the 14 against a gixxer, why do you think they gave a bike to a straight line guy and not the editors of the U.K magazines? why do you think they haven't released the wheelbase and weight numbers?

because they are trying to hype it up with a straight line number in a 1/4 mile then drop the bomb on you after they catch your attention...

As usual, the lack of logic and knowledge shows.  The ZX-14 isn't in the same class as an R1 or GSX-R1000.  It's in the same class as the Hayabusa ... a big sport touring bike.  The Hayabusa is one of the best platforms for a drag bike ... and so will be the ZX-14.  It will probably handle the backroads just as well too.  Kawasaki is going after the Hayabusa's market ... anyone who knows anything about bikes should realize that. :yes:

Offline blkjckss

• Rider
2002 Camaro SS
2005 gsxr 1000 yellow and black

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2006, 12:11:10 AM »

As usual, the lack of logic and knowledge shows.  The ZX-14 isn't in the same class as an R1 or GSX-R1000.  It's in the same class as the Hayabusa ... a big sport touring bike.  The Hayabusa is one of the best platforms for a drag bike ... and so will be the ZX-14.  It will probably handle the backroads just as well too.  Kawasaki is going after the Hayabusa's market ... anyone who knows anything about bikes should realize that. :yes:

yea scotty your the only one that knows anything, I forgot that...  :roll:

another feeble attempt at interpreting someones post then adding your thoughts on what you think someone is saying...  :duh: get a grip man, or you tell me why kawasaki hasn't released the weight and wheelbase numbers?

these fucking bikes aren't designed or built for any "drag racing platforms" they are road bikes, high performance sport touring bikes, Kawasaki taunted the fucking 14 as a "superbike" go look at their website...

the huge majority of the people that buy these bikes wont drag race them, they will use them for their intended use, sport touring, the rest of the world rides scotty, most of the REAL posers are in the U.S. but you wouldn't know anythingabout that would you?

I never claimed to know shit about bikes, I just ride them like I do...

now lets hear your interpretation of what I am saying here...

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2006, 12:20:35 AM »

yea scotty your the only one that knows anything, I forgot that...  :roll:

another feeble attempt at interpreting someones post then adding your thoughts on what you think someone is saying...  :duh: get a grip man, or you tell me why kawasaki hasn't released the weight and wheelbase numbers?

these fucking bikes aren't designed or built for any "drag racing platforms" they are road bikes, high performance sport touring bikes, Kawasaki taunted the fucking 14 as a "superbike" go look at their website...

the huge majority of the people that buy these bikes wont drag race them, they will use them for their intended use, sport touring, the rest of the world rides scotty, most of the REAL posers are in the U.S. but you wouldn't know anythingabout that would you?

I never claimed to know shit about bikes, I just ride them like I do...

now lets hear your interpretation of what I am saying here...

The ZX-14 and Busa are very capable drag bikes ... fuck just go to the drag strip sometime.  You make it sound like they are competition for the liter bikes. :duh:  Any squid with more than half a brain in his caved in skull can see that.  I didn't mean that the ZX-14 and Busa were specifically designed to be drag bikes ... but that is something that A LOT of owners do with the bike.  You said they are "sport touring" bikes above ... something that does not fit in to the liter bike class like you seem to be thinking they should be in.  They are NOT in the same class of bikes ... say that 50 times in a row. :roll:

So my interpretion of what you said above is .... "I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about, but if I use some of the same words Scotty did then he'll think I do know what I'm talkin' about."

:P

Offline rumble phish

• Post Whore
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2006, 12:42:59 AM »
I don't drag race, I ride twisties. The 14 looks like it's backing up the hype in a straight line. I'd like to see a real world road test see how it does in the twisties before I make any designs.

I know how the Busa handles the curves and I have been so happy with it that I made it my track bike.

I liked the 14 from the start ( I've sworn no allegiance. I owned a 12 before the Busa and loved it too) and I've been seriously considering it for my "touring" bike. You know, the bike for the real world to take the wife with me on a long trip (sorry, I know you guys hate the 14's seat, but I'm sure the little woman will be comfy on it.)

I hear a lot of scared Busa owners on this board, and some that are ready to jump ship now that the #'s are out.

You guys are funny.  :lol:
10-4 ya sonofabitch pileamonkeynuts!

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2006, 12:51:36 AM »
who fucking said they didn't work as drag bikes? a fucking moped will work as a drag bike...

they are sport touring bikes, kawasaki claims the 14 is a superbike, world SUPERBIKE uses 1000s in the class so does AMA SUPERBIKE, flame kawasaki they said it...

you are trying to turn this into something it isn't, as usual...

my POINT IS, a fucking run on a drag strip don't mean shit! these are road bikes, just like the gixxer, if ricky wants to bring it to a road course I will see what I can do about getting a stock busa to show him WHAT A PIG THE 14 REALLY IS if that will make you happy scotty...

think about it? do you really think kawasaki needs ricky to test the bike? you don't think kawasaki has their own proving grounds? only the largest in the world..

do you really think kawasaki hasn't had the bike on a road course yet? of course they have, and they know the busa will rip it, thats why they brought it to the states and put it on a drag strip before they release the "road" specs, they are looking for a few suckers to buy into it, apparently they found a few....

damn scotty you're behaving just like a fucking woman...

read what kawasaki says about the bike and tell me what YOU think they are saying... fuck me!

http://www.kawasaki.com/product_category.asp?category=2&tag=motorcycle

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2006, 12:54:02 AM »
 :whaa: :talk: :talk: :yes: :zzz: :mrgreen: :lmao:
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2006, 12:54:52 AM »

I don't drag race, I ride twisties. The 14 looks like it's backing up the hype in a straight line. I'd like to see a real world road test see how it does in the twisties before I make any designs.

I know how the Busa handles the curves and I have been so happy with it that I made it my track bike.

I liked the 14 from the start ( I've sworn no allegiance. I owned a 12 before the Busa and loved it too) and I've been seriously considering it for my "touring" bike. You know, the bike for the real world to take the wife with me on a long trip (sorry, I know you guys hate the 14's seat, but I'm sure the little woman will be comfy on it.)

I hear a lot of scared Busa owners on this board, and some that are ready to jump ship now that the #'s are out.

You guys are funny.  :lol:

whos scared? like I said I will rock that 14 on my gixxer, hows 1000 dollars and one handed sound?

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2006, 12:57:01 AM »
haha funny....

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2006, 01:00:50 AM »
shit scotty kawasaki has the 14 in the same class as their ten, I know the ten isnt in the same class as the gixxer but it does have the same CCs, hell I was gonna do kawasaki a favor and run the 14 against a puny little literbike....

from kawasakis website...

Welcome to the leading edge of power, performance and exhilaration. Kawasaki is passionate about motorcycles. It’s who we are, and what we do!

Ninja®ZX™-14
If high-performance sportbikes are your passion, then we’ve got just the street-carver for you. Introducing, the new Ninja ZX-14, our most powerful sportbike ever at 1,352cc.

The blending of form, power, and handling characteristics deliver a debut motorcycle that is so balanced in all aspects, the word “ultimate” barely seems adequate when describing it.

This all new in-line four has evolved from the ZX-12R and features a bore and stroke of 84mm x 61mm packed into a purposefully designed compact package that minimizes engine width, leaving it at virtually the same width as the 12R.

The engine uses a secondary balancer to tame unwanted vibrations, and a direct-actuation shift lever is lighter than conventional linkage-type set-ups, offering a more direct feel for the rider.

The ZX-14’s chassis design is every bit the equal of its power plant. It is an advanced version of Kawasaki’s unique aluminum monocoque frame -- lightweight and very strong.

Offering a very relaxed sport riding position, it is compact without being cramped. The foot pegs are low-set to give ample leg room, and the low seat height and narrow seat front make planting feet on the ground a cinch when stopped. Available Spring 2006.

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2006, 01:08:43 AM »

I clearly made a point specific thread for you two  :arrow: :arrow: THE OFFICIAL - Busa@11k & Twisted BASH Thread

Would you two take it over there, for god's sake! :roll:

Don't ya see that EVERY THREAD is now in that state !?  :lol: :P

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2006, 01:13:33 AM »
yea, scotty got nutt'n better to do than try and twist my every word, unfortunately for him I am way to clever for schoolboy tricks...

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2006, 01:14:36 AM »
who fucking said they didn't work as drag bikes? a fucking moped will work as a drag bike...

they are sport touring bikes, kawasaki claims the 14 is a superbike, world SUPERBIKE uses 1000s in the class so does AMA SUPERBIKE, flame kawasaki they said it...

my POINT IS, a fucking run on a drag strip don't mean shit! these are road bikes, just like the gixxer, if ricky wants to bring it to a road course I will see what I can do about getting a stock busa to show him WHAT A PIG THE 14 REALLY IS if that will make you happy scotty...

think about it? do you really think kawasaki needs ricky to test the bike? you don't think kawasaki has their own proving grounds? only the largest in the world..

do you really think kawasaki hasn't had the bike on a road course yet? of course they have, and they know the busa will rip it, thats why they brought it to the states and put it on a drag strip before they release the "road" specs, they are looking for a few suckers to buy into it, apparently they found a few....

read what kawasaki says about the bike and tell me what YOU think they are saying... fuck me!

No wonder you're handle is Twisted ... you're and expert at twisting shit all around.

Repeat this 1000 times:  "The ZX-14 and Hayabusa are not in the same class as liter bikes!"

Also repeat this 1000 times: "The ZX-14 and Hayabusa are in the same class."  Both are big, heavy, fast, ugly (to someone), can be used for touring and handle pretty damn good on the street.

You're reading shit between the lines from Kawasaki ... it's advertising you nut chewer. :duh:  I don't see anything in Kawasaki's words that says it's made to compete with liter bikes.  WTF are ya smokin' tonight?  :P
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 01:24:45 AM by Busa@11K »

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2006, 01:16:19 AM »
yea, scotty got nutt'n better to do than try and twist my every word, unfortunately for him I am way to clever for schoolboy tricks...

You're the one that Twists your own words ... you say different shit in the same frickin' thread.  Every post has some kind of contradiction.  Pick a nut and chew on only one for consistency.  :x :lol:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 01:21:08 AM by Busa@11K »

Offline boosted1k

• Rider
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2006, 01:33:03 AM »
I will be impressed with the zx14 if it can turbo easy and can handle the power like a busa can. The busa main desgin was to be as aerodynamic as possible. If the zx14 can also prove it takes less power to make it go fast in the topend then i will have to say kawasaki out did them selves :wink:
2004 hayabusa
mc-xpress 58/12 race kit
507hp
285ftlbs
built/tuned DaveO
RIP
10/16/59 - 09/27/08

2014 victory vegas 8ball

Offline VPN

• Rider
  • Jesus=The Lord!

Offline VegasDude

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Master
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2006, 01:28:41 PM »
I am happy the 14 is coming out. Hopefully it will push the Busa in 07 to greater heights..............1450, maybe..........
2008 Busa
2007 Ducati 999S
2006 BMW K1200S

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2006, 02:06:02 PM »

No wonder you're handle is Twisted ... you're and expert at twisting shit all around.

Repeat this 1000 times:  "The ZX-14 and Hayabusa are not in the same class as liter bikes!"

Also repeat this 1000 times: "The ZX-14 and Hayabusa are in the same class."  Both are big, heavy, fast, ugly (to someone), can be used for touring and handle pretty damn good on the street.

You're reading shit between the lines from Kawasaki ... it's advertising you nut chewer. :duh:  I don't see anything in Kawasaki's words that says it's made to compete with liter bikes.  WTF are ya smokin' tonight?  :P

dood, I will try one more time to explain this to you...

first go to kaws website...

then click on motorcycles...

then click on supersport, you will see the 6, 10, 12, 14 all in this catagory... simple right, its not an advertising scheme, kawasaki taunts the 12 and 14 as a supersport bike, not me!!!

READ WHAT KAWASAKI SAYS ABOUT THE 14!!!! jeeezes are you dense man or what?

also this thread was never about weather or not the literbikes and 14 are in the same class, you created that in your own mind, apparently so you could contradict someone then ridicule them in an effort to make yourself appear intelligent, your turning into a leg humper, what next you gonna join the union too?

you are the one that started in by claiming I was saying things I wasnt saying, shit scotty do you have to pollute every thread you read?

drag racing numbers dont say shit about either of these bikes intended useage!!!!!!!!!!! get that through that brick you call a noggin and quite fucking with every thread you come across!

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2006, 02:14:42 PM »
from kawasakis website...

Welcome to the leading edge of power, performance and exhilaration. Kawasaki is passionate about motorcycles. It’s who we are, and what we do!

Ninja®ZX™-14
If high-performance sportbikes are your passion, then we’ve got just the street-carver for you. Introducing, the new Ninja ZX-14, our most powerful sportbike ever at 1,352cc.

The blending of form, power, and handling characteristics deliver a debut motorcycle that is so balanced in all aspects, the word “ultimate” barely seems adequate when describing it.

This all new in-line four has evolved from the ZX-12R and features a bore and stroke of 84mm x 61mm packed into a purposefully designed compact package that minimizes engine width, leaving it at virtually the same width as the 12R.

The engine uses a secondary balancer to tame unwanted vibrations, and a direct-actuation shift lever is lighter than conventional linkage-type set-ups, offering a more direct feel for the rider.

The ZX-14’s chassis design is every bit the equal of its power plant. It is an advanced version of Kawasaki’s unique aluminum monocoque frame -- lightweight and very strong.

Offering a very relaxed sport riding position, it is compact without being cramped. The foot pegs are low-set to give ample leg room, and the low seat height and narrow seat front make planting feet on the ground a cinch when stopped. Available Spring 2006.

now do they not claim this bike is a "sportbike" or a "sport touring" bike?

my point is they advertise it as something its not!!!

"The blending of form, power, and handling characteristics deliver a debut motorcycle that is so balanced in all aspects, the word “ultimate” barely seems adequate when describing it."

if this bike is so "ultimate" why would it be unfair to run it against a puny little underpowered literbike?

also they don't say jack about 1/4 mile times or even attempt to claim any type of prowess on the strip.....

its fucking junk, and I cant wait till Baily gets his so I can flood the internet with video of a REAL supersport bike beating that mutt like a red headed step child all over the 206....

have a nice day knucklehead