Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: XXX Chrome Plating - Buyer Beware! (eBay Seller)  (Read 3473 times)

Offline allsmooth

• Rider
XXX Chrome Plating - Buyer Beware! (eBay Seller)
« on: February 24, 2006, 06:30:00 PM »
Hey everyone. I don't know if any of you have had any dealngs with them (XXX Chrome Plating), but I'm currently having a hard time getting the items that I bought from them on ebay.

I won an auction and paid for the items less than 10 minutes after I won it. They didn't send out any shipping info that day, so I emailed them the next day. To their credit, they did respond saying that the items were shipping that day. That was over a week ago, and they don't respond to any more of my emails. They won't give me a tracking number, or tell me who they shipped through.

I'm giving this till next week, then I'm going to have to take it up with paypal and ebay to get my $420.00 back. Sigh. Why can't people just do like they promise? :( Here I am thinking that being a prompt payer would actually be incentive for them do their part.

Offline 2slow2go

• Post Master
Re: XXX Chrome Plating - Buyer Beware! (eBay Seller)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 09:34:59 PM »
you are obviously new to ebay world, i have been waiting 3 weeks for a boost controller, waited 3 1/2 weeks for a bov. ect ect.
ebay gives sellers up to a month to put it in your hands.
So you can piss & moan all you want you will still be waiting.
XXXplating is a legit concern. I have talked to them on the phone about work. No matter how fast you pay ...u have to wait....

Offline allsmooth

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 02:33:33 AM »
Well I don't mind the waiting so much as them not responding to me.

They said, on their own, that the items had shipped. All I wanted was the name of the carrier and the tracking number. Also, right in the auction, they said that I would have the items 6 days from the date that I paid.

Further, I've bought many things from eBay and it's not standard for the seller to ignore your emails about simple, ordinary things. :(

I don't necessarily want fast shipping, I just want them to honor what they said. Is that so wrong?  :?:

Have you had good experience with them (XXX Chrome Plating that is)? Cause they're also not returning my phone calls. :(

Offline Bokey

• Rider
  • Central Massachusetts 'Busa Owner
    • The other hobby - Paintball
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 04:59:58 AM »
Some sellers don't even havr items "in-stock". They do drop shipments from others.e This means they are at the mercy of their supplier.

I agree that better comunication is needed in some cases.

EB

Offline 04busaLMTD

• Rider
  • ...pretty much...
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 06:26:28 AM »
i can sympathize with your possible loss here.....but sounds like others have had good luck with them.....

i bought and paid for a mint gas tank on there back in october for my 04 LE...the username which i dont have handy is no longer active but they had 15 on their feedback and all positive....anyway...they only took payment via cashier check or money order....no big deal, done this before...final price with shipping was $111.01...my highest bid was 65.01 + 45 S&H....

well after a week of not seeing it (only coming from Myrtle Beach) i start calling on the phone....this lady tells me her son is responsible for the sales and then gives me his number...they end up giving me the runaround for a couple weeks (over the phone keep in mind) until i finally realize im fucked here.....end up filing my claim with ebay under their standard purchase protection program and what do ya know....on january 27th (almost 4 months later) i finally get reimbursed $40.01 of my total $111.01 loss.....

ebay only reimburses you up to maximum $200 on your bid...all S&H is excluded and after that they take a fuckin $25 service fee....talk about some bull shit....

worst thing these people could've done is gimme their phone numbers...i work 3rd shift and call them around 3 and 4 a.m. local just to say hello, wake the fuck up.... :bigfu:....i plan on traveling to Myrtle Beach soon....and god have mercy on the son of a bitch that robbed me...I HATE FUCKING THIEVES!!!!!!!!!

BTW....i failed to mention this new .50 BMG i have recently purchased...MFG'd by Serbu with a 36" barrel...last week i pierced a 1 1/2" steel plate at 400 yds...... :shock:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 06:29:58 AM by 04busaLMTD »

Offline Ball Z Motorsports

• SITE SPONSOR
  • Post Master
    • www.BallZmotorsports.com
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 09:48:17 AM »
Give them three weeks and then threaten them with negative feedback in a professional way.

I would email them daily asking them what the problem was? :talk:

I agree with you...........they should be responding to your emails!
OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR
www.BallZmotorsports.com

Offline myrtlewest.com

• Rider
    • www.MyrtleWest.com
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2006, 10:58:20 AM »
If you guys are looking for chrome give us a call toll free 1-866-593-3258 or visit us at www.myrtlewest.com

Offline yellowturbobusa

• Post Whore
  • Michael Pawelko
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2006, 01:21:16 PM »
well i have read everyones replys hear and I can tell you I selll more item on ebay than anyone on this board!  I can tell you first hand there are many different people in this world and on this board some smart and some that make me wonder how they make it in day to day life!  First off I can say this there is alot of people that sell on ebay very few that do it for a living so you need to keep in mind there just like you and I work another full time job so having time to be johnny on the stop with info when you demand might be hard some times.  I can tell you first hand that when you buy a item and you email some 2 hours later or later that day demanding tracking info or are my items shipped gets really old really fast.  Most people on ebay do right shipping, screws up more times than not but it still shows up.  You cant hold that to the seller because it took longer than you thought it would and if gets lost you just hope they make right one it which any good seller would!  And another thing on ebay when it comes to feedback thats all B.S. because if your a seller I dont care who you are you will get neg feedback theres people in this world that would bitch if you shipped it to them for free.  Plus you have all the deadbeats that dont pay and you file a NPB to get your money back next thing you know they left you a neg talking about you scammed them or how bad of a seller you are.  The best rule of thumb I can tell you is dont buy anything unless they have 100 or more feedback then dont go by how many + or - they have look at there postive feedback % if its more than 98.5 there a good seller period!  Now for the contacting if you cant contact them by email or your not getting a reply from them chances are its not because there blowing you off its because there not getting your email.  Trusts me ebays always fuck up in one way or another then emails get lost spam filters get peoples emails something they to make it from point A to B.  CALL them and talk to them dont leave neg feedback dont email everyone bidding on there items 3 days after you bought and paid for your item just because you cant get ahold of someone.  Make a phone call its the best thing you can do and everything will be squarded away.  For payment NEVER send a money order you have no recoarse.  Only pay by paypal so if something does go wrong you have a way to get your money back! If you do send a money order (MAKE SURE YOU PUT ALL NEED INFO!) Name address, what item your buying, the money order, and most important make it readable!! You would be amazed how many blank money order address to me only I get there is some very stupid people in this world.  So the only thing I can do is wait till I get nasty threating email about how they havent got there item then I have to tell them how stuipid they are and get the correct info so I can ship there item.  But to get off this dont email them and threaten them because if there smart you will lose your ebay account over it with the right contacts on there part! Make the phone call and wait a couple days give it time you have 45 days from the time you paid to file a claim there is a reason you havent heard from them!
michael pawelko
501-804-3313

Offline allsmooth

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2006, 01:47:22 PM »
Thanx for the replies everyone.

yellowturbobusa, I appreciate your comments. I really do. But the thing with these guys is that they are a business and this is their full-time job. Not only that, it said in the auction, that they had the items chromed and ready right there in stock. I paid right away, and supposedly, they were gonna ship right away. According to them, they shipped the next day. When I emailed them back, I only asked for the shipper's name and a tracking number. I don't think that's overkill at all.

Also, they shouldn't be selling on eBay, if they don't want to send people's things out on time. If they're too lazy to ship the item to the person (whose money they already have btw), then they shouldn't be selling and requiring immediate payment. They can't get mad, because the customer wants to know when they'll receive their stuff.

But oh well, I'll keep everyone posted on what happens. I just want my stuff when they said I would have it. Oh and one more thing... the auction said FREE SHIPPING to Illinois (which is where I live), but I was still charged $20.00 for shipping. Sigh. :(

Offline yellowturbobusa

• Post Whore
  • Michael Pawelko
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2006, 02:14:59 PM »
I understand the best thing you need to do is call and get them on the phone and talk to them.  Make a list of things you want to know and questions you have and write them down and call.  They should give you the info you want and get the problems taken care of if they tell you they dont have a tracking # ask them when they will have it and when you should call them back to get it.  Dont try to get him to email it the phone is the best tool you have!  But you will have people tell you all kinds of different way to handle everything all I can tell you is that I know first hand and I can tell you I sell more than anyone on here on ebay!  A phone can almost fix any problems you might have its just misscommuication is all it is most of the time.  Trust me if your getting fucked you will know when there account is closed and you havent heard anything its time to contact paypal but thats not it.  I have bought some things from them back in the day good deals but you need to also keep in mind when you see the word chrome I dont care what anyone say it means damn slow CHROME=SLOW everything those people do is slow if they tell you 2 weeks they make 4-5 weeks if they tell you a month and a half they mean 3 months.  There alll just a slow bunch of people  you cant knock them for it everyone knows it!
michael pawelko
501-804-3313

Offline allsmooth

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2006, 11:37:55 AM »
Just got off the phone with him. Looks like I overreacted.  :oops:

yellowturbobusa, you were exactly right. It was all a big misunderstanding. It appears that one of his support people wrote down the wrong address for me, and the itmes came back "Address Unknown."

He's sending them back out to me today (overnight shipping), and he's refunding me the $19.00 that I paid, and he's picking up the tab for the overnight shipping fee.

AND, he's going to chrome a few more parts for me at a GREAT price.

So, yes, I overreacted and started to complain too soon. These guys are great to work with (once you finally get them on the phone).
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 11:50:24 AM by allsmooth »

Offline yellowturbobusa

• Post Whore
  • Michael Pawelko
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2006, 12:43:30 PM »
See I told you its almost always miscommuication a simple phone call is all it takes to get everyone back on the same page and everything moving in the right direction.  I'm glad everything worked out for you!  If you have any questions about ebay or paypal just pm and I will help you any way I can thanks mike!!!
michael pawelko
501-804-3313