Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Yeah, the guys at Velocity dont know how to weld.  (Read 44165 times)

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
Re: Yeah, the guys at Velocity dont know how to weld.
« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2006, 07:13:36 PM »
Sounds like there's a few nut sacks on some chins ...  :P
PMDC Motor Theory ... Back EMF is the Key.

Offline J R

• Nitromethane Wizard
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2006, 07:21:31 PM »
Heres another great link about his work and Barrys  http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=35944.0

I guess it cant be said enough.......Barry has nothing to do with TKP accept selling turbo systems to him and he used to use him to build the motors in his race bike.

Barry had absolutely nothing to do with the building of Hanks bike....NOTHING!!
How can it be that Barry dont have nothin to do with anything but all 4 times I took my bike down there from the first time to the last time I dropped it off and picked it up at Barrys and talk to the guy and he dont know nothing about it???? I SAW hanks bike at Barrys shop and if you read that thread it is also said Barry tuned the bike but he never seen it again???I saw Anthoneys bike at Barrys shop..I saw others but he gets on the net and lie,s I got no beef with you Lofty I have always enjoyed your post on labusas and here and where ever but I got this question for you.Lets just say you and I have a mutual  buddy who says he,s pretty good freinds with ya and stayed at your house even.Just for instance....He tells me your swing arm had lead in it Barry had you put in it in and didnt scale the bike out and thats what caused his wreck not a tire blowing out like everyone said ( another big ass lie )and he said it was said he made up that story so as his sponsers wouldnt let him go knowing he was acting like an idiot on the roadway.It was also told to me that YOU where very unhappy with Barry and he fucked you when he wrecked your bike and wouldnt help you out finacially after he fucked your bike I even think I read somthing on Labusas posted from you about it long ago.How can ya stick up for a guy that wrecks your shit then wont even pay ya for it?? I guess he made it right with ya and it aint none of my buisness nor do i care other than id love to see ya do another bike like you had it was a beautiful bike.But ANY TIME BARRY HENSON OR ANYONE AROUND HIM IS INVOLVED WITH ANYTHING THERES ALWAYS A BUNCH OF LIES...but honestly barry can set all the recoreds he wants he has zero credibility other than newbies he is counting on  him and Kevin conned and lied and the best part is they wrote it all on the net in advertising and post and now those post and changed and deleted post add,s whatever people have copys of and now the truth is just barly starting to come out about this dishonesty.and I have seen in writing and have copys of Barry liying his ass off saying one thing in one post and another thing in another board the same fucking day and have been on both sides of the fence I know for a fact they lie like a rug.Good for you for sticking by a freind it shows you got charecter and id want ya in my corner but I cant belive you would hang with sombody that disgraceful......He got on here and claimed he never saw my bike it was never at his shop.... riiiight it was there for about 17 months....I dont like anyone that can man up and say hey i fucked up and then make it right but not Barry or his buddys he fucks anyone he can it appears to me Look at Robs bike.Kevin represents Velocity so what are people supposed to think..........I guess what I think is Barry must finally paid you back and now your on to the Barry bandwagon again :?

Offline Lofty

• Post Whore
« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2006, 07:42:52 PM »
Blackhawk, Barrys two consecutive world championships and the ownership of more world records than everyone else competing in the class all put together backs up my claims about how well Barrys products work.....I dont need to say anything else.

Lofty you need to stop...why??/because this statement right here should have awoken you...even though he owns more records than anyone else speaks volumes about the way he runs his business,cause i bet you a million dollars HIS customers have spent more money in their bikes than he has,even though he did the r&d on the systems....The customer bikes should plummet any records he has set cause the students are only as good as the teacher....Explain this one and i will shut up...
 ]

Goldenchild.......I cant explain it to you. If you have to ask the question, you'll never understand.

I could GIVE you Barrys personal bike and you would never win a single race, let alone a championship. How many people have bought Barrys record holding bikes just to never get close to any records he's set?

You have to know WHY the bike goes fast in the first place. Track conditions change on a daily, even hourly basis....forget about from venue to venue. I could give you a bike that Barry just set a world record on and you would be lost with it.

It takes so much more than a deep bank account to go fast.......some people will never understand that.
"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees"

GoldenChild

« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2006, 07:50:25 PM »
I hate to tell ya fella you have no clue then,cause Your signature is ass backwards,and it's written all over this board right be fore you and everyone else's eye's..If your gonna nut swing at least have some real balls to hang on too....Like I said you need to stop....Peace I'm outta here.

when you buy a bike of that caliper with the #'s it runs you should have some tuning guide to go with it..Suzuki gives you a owners manual when you spend $$11k,why not do the same with a $50k bike,I'm not saying give the world the secrets but at least help the owner out...What you think???
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 07:52:49 PM by GoldenChild »

Offline Lofty

• Post Whore
« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2006, 08:02:06 PM »
A tuning guide....are you fucking kidding me?

I would normally try to converse with someone on the issue but youre fucking clueless.

He could run the bike down the track, break both the MPH and ET world record, pull into the pits, step off it and give it to you untouched and you wouldnt have a clue what to do and you wouldnt go anywheres near as quick. Its not just about HP dude, its chassis, its clutch, its engine management, boost management, tire pressure......Jesus, he could spend 2-3 years trying to teach someone how to go that fast. You want his first born child as well?

A tuning guide.........BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 08:06:06 PM by Lofty »

Offline Lofty

• Post Whore
« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2006, 08:03:10 PM »
JR, c'mon dude......why would you PM me that whole long thing, expecting a response from me and then just post it on the board?

Why not just ask me on the board?

Offline BLUR AKA SIDEWAYS AKA KING OF SOUTH FLORIDA

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2006, 09:34:14 PM »
Wanna beer?

:drink:

Offline Blackhawk

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2006, 09:38:50 PM »
But that's the problem entirely!

Barry reaches out to his customers and bends over backwards at the racetrack, to ensure that he looks like a "model" businessman, right down to the "whatever it takes" attitude... That's what sells his kits! They see him go fast, and they immediately jump aboard! I too would think "With customer service like that I can't go wrong".

He tunes other peoples bike to go fast, but is very calculated as to how much info or help he gives. Without Barry, 90% of the teams running his stuff would be lost! When they struggle, you can be sure Barry is on his way to get things sorted out. Exactly how many Pro Street races has a Velocity "customer" won in the last 2 seasons? I think you can easily count on one hand, and I'm not including races Barry missed due to injury either.
PSI's Matters Racing
2003 Pro Street Hayabusa -- NLR Power/AMS Boost Control

Offline Shamrock

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Shamrock Racing
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2006, 09:39:58 PM »

Offline Shamrock

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Shamrock Racing
« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2006, 09:41:51 PM »

Offline J R

• Nitromethane Wizard
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2006, 09:46:01 PM »
JR, c'mon dude......why would you PM me that whole long thing, expecting a response from me and then just post it on the board?

Why not just ask me on the board?
I was origanally gonna post it and wrote it to post then I thought eh maybe not then after some conversation with several around the country that we both know I decided what the hell id post SOME of the real truth about Barry and the way he works so people can see just how this guy works.No disrespect to you at all I like how you stuck by the dude.Your defenetly a patient dude.Sorry for the mix up :wink:

Offline J R

• Nitromethane Wizard
  • Universal Post Whore

GoldenChild

« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2006, 11:18:19 PM »
Lofty look up the word tuning,maybe your clueless,it not only involves 1 spectacle of a machine but a overall setup....

Offline ROBOPTI

• Post Whore
« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2006, 01:41:32 AM »
Aaaahhhhh  :beechug: :beechug: :beechug: :beechug: :beechug:

J R .. I TRULY enjoyed our chat tonight ... wore out my god dang battery .... Got to sample my 20 year Tawny Port during our chat ... perty darn good I might adds ....

"I can see clearly now the rain is gone .... "

Beers on you in J-Town
THE ULTRA GHETTO MACHINE ..... WORK IN PROGRESS

Offline J R

• Nitromethane Wizard
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2006, 01:52:19 AM »
Yes it was truly a pleasure :wink: Maybe you can come down to bike week or hell any other time and enjoy the sun and surf  :wink: However its now 2:37 in the morning I guess i should get off this damn computer and get my ass to bed.I got a busy day tomorro.I got to sleep in and then ride my Busa  :lol: and talk to my some people   :wink: its suppossed to be nice weather tomorro cheers  :beechug: Hope your phone dont ring to much tomorro and its an easy day for ya  :wink:

Offline Fastturbobusa

• Rider
« Reply #115 on: February 21, 2006, 06:59:49 AM »
       I tell you pimpmybusa I'm glad you're having fun with the Velociety kit and that its working fine. but before you go and use TKP you best look at the Gernade GoldenChild sent, because that's mine motor that I traded for a stock motor bike. I can say that I did everything that TKP told me to do and the bike went up in smoke and bits and pieces and as you can see my oil was right but the pard and the motor job was crap and I mean that. This guyt gave me the proper screwing and I can say that I really want to ensure that this man isn't able to do this to anyone at all that's why I'm saving you from making the same mistake that I made in getting him to do my motor. GoldenChild said that he was surprised the motor made it 1K and that's sad to me because this guy promises to have the best thing going and he tell you that berry don't know mush about building motors, he just tunes the bike when its ready to go out of the door. So hearing this from this man should have made me think, but in my old days my brain isn't computing the best and I allowed him to sucker me into spending money in his home Garage business. I really thought that Berry was backing this guy and found that when i took my bike down to him berry didn't have much to say about what was happening to my bike. Now No one even called the next day I called and told them about the bike blowing up in peices. Now you telll me if your product no matter who's building or concider themself a Rep of yours, wouldn't you call to find out what went wrong with the bike that caused it to pop. Well no one from the race camp called at all and as soon as I called TKP and gave him the news the first thing came out of his mouth was, Well Lets See, You May Need This And That, so you're looking at about $2,000 to $3,000 dollars to reapir the bike even though it had just left his shop three weeks ago.
       Now I ask you, is this the guy you want to take your bike to? Well I think everybody that had these sankes beat them should get together and do a class act lawsuit on these people, so they don't screw anyone out there again in the business of Turbo's. I think what happened is Berry Hansen winnings made everyone think that all of his bike would do the same and found that it was all a lie to get people to purchase the bike at whatever cost it was. I tell you Berry winning is what kind of got me, not really thinking I could be as fast as he is, but at least have my bike more reliable than it was and with the TKP upgrades the bikes was a darn reck and that's a fact. Well Pimpmybusa you make the choice on who will upgrade your motor. I'll say this, The More Money You SPend With TKP, The More You Satnd A Chance Of Your BIke Going Up In Smoke!!!!!

Fastturbobusa
IGot A Need For Speed!!!

Offline Lofty

• Post Whore
« Reply #116 on: February 21, 2006, 07:10:21 AM »
But that's the problem entirely!

Barry reaches out to his customers and bends over backwards at the racetrack, to ensure that he looks like a "model" businessman, right down to the "whatever it takes" attitude... That's what sells his kits! They see him go fast, and they immediately jump aboard! I too would think "With customer service like that I can't go wrong".

He tunes other peoples bike to go fast, but is very calculated as to how much info or help he gives. Without Barry, 90% of the teams running his stuff would be lost! When they struggle, you can be sure Barry is on his way to get things sorted out. Exactly how many Pro Street races has a Velocity "customer" won in the last 2 seasons? I think you can easily count on one hand, and I'm not including races Barry missed due to injury either.

C'mon man, seriously think about what you're saying. Is there anyone in the business....I mean ANYONE in the business who helps SO many people at the track as he does? Ive seen him helping competitors. At Indy three years ago, when Frank Adams and Seb were trash talking Barry left and right and Frank was running an NLR system and couldnt get down the track quicker than some of the 600 SS bikes, Barry extended his advise and offer to help to Frank.....Frank told him to go talk a long walk on a short pier. Even still, Barry extended his friendship to Frank later. That offer of help and friendship doesnt end at the track. I have stood right there with him on the phone with people at 3 in the morning, helping people get ready for a race. His phone never stops ringing....EVER!! The mans gonna die of a brain tumor from being on that fucking cell phone so much.

How many Velocity customers win?

More than any other manufacturer in the business....thats how many.

Mikey Slowe, Chuck Cunningham, Kent Stotz, John Flood.......ummmmmm, who the guy in the heavy hitters class at MIRock that owns all the heavy hitters records....I forgot his name (Shane Ratliff?). Thats just to name a few.

When you look down the lanes at any Pro Star race and see nothing but Velocity bikes, thers a reason for it.

Offline Lofty

• Post Whore
« Reply #117 on: February 21, 2006, 07:12:40 AM »
Lofty look up the word tuning,maybe your clueless,it not only involves 1 spectacle of a machine but a overall setup....

Asking for a "tuning" guide on a world class Pro Street bike, is like asking for a manual on how to fly and safely land a 747 jumbo jet and expecting to actually be able to fly and land the thing after reading it.

Offline NLR-power and control

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #118 on: February 21, 2006, 07:23:20 AM »
Lofty whats for breakfast? :D

Offline CID

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2006, 08:11:14 AM »
Wow!  Cool read!   :lol: :moped:

Offline eliXXir

• Rider
« Reply #120 on: February 21, 2006, 08:45:10 AM »

Asking for a "tuning" guide on a world class Pro Street bike, is like asking for a manual on how to fly and safely land a 747 jumbo jet and expecting to actually be able to fly and land the thing after reading it.
I guess I could remind you of an incident in September a few years ago..

And your example with Frank?  Flawed, Frank owns psychobike.com, it could easily have been viewed as a strategic move, not one of being the selfless saint you are trying to paint him as.

Cut the BS, Lofty, everyone knows what and who Barry is by his own actions regarding his own products.  There are a few who have benefited from his products and there are many who have suffered.  I've never bothered to bring the whole story to light, but I have a friend who is in the middle of tearing the majority of the Velocity kit off of his bike and replacing it with Mr. Turbo parts.  Shall I get some pictures sent my way as evidence as well?  The ZX-12 kit is a piece of shit low quality joke of a fucking product.  Telling people to seal the air box with RTV is right up there with aircraft tape.  And yes, he said it to ME on the phone while I was attempting to help my friend with the kit.

Oh yeah, and his time quoted to get the kit was 2 months, care to guess how long it really took?  Yep, the typical 10 months after a lot of yelling and screaming he finally got 3 different shipments of the almost complete but completely anti-climactic POS.  Only thing good is the turbo, we can thank Garrett for that though.

THEMOTORHEAD

« Reply #121 on: February 21, 2006, 08:59:56 AM »

OMG YA ITS ROCKET SCIENCE AND HILLBILLY BARRY IS A SCIENTIST
MAN OH MAN I HAVE HEARD IT ALL
I THINK BARRY SHOULD GO INTO Cancer research next :?
i can't believe jeffs still chokin on barrys cock :bah:
not hard to be king in a kindom of like what 30 people :wink:
bike prostreet is not some world wid phenomina that can't be figured out blah blah
i never got into it cause i found it boring and a waste of a good bike

Offline Lofty

• Post Whore
« Reply #122 on: February 21, 2006, 09:10:56 AM »
bike prostreet is not some world wid phenomina that can't be figured out blah blah
i never got into it cause i found it boring and a waste of a good bike

LOL....thats funny Dennis, thats the same thing I tell people.

Of course people know the real truth.

:wink:

Offline Blackhawk

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #123 on: February 21, 2006, 04:19:19 PM »

C'mon man, seriously think about what you're saying. Is there anyone in the business....I mean ANYONE in the business who helps SO many people at the track as he does? Ive seen him helping competitors. At Indy three years ago, when Frank Adams and Seb were trash talking Barry left and right and Frank was running an NLR system and couldnt get down the track quicker than some of the 600 SS bikes, Barry extended his advise and offer to help to Frank.....Frank told him to go talk a long walk on a short pier. Even still, Barry extended his friendship to Frank later. That offer of help and friendship doesnt end at the track. I have stood right there with him on the phone with people at 3 in the morning, helping people get ready for a race. His phone never stops ringing....EVER!! The mans gonna die of a brain tumor from being on that fucking cell phone so much.  Gee you think maybe he's helping people to sell more kits? It's almost like telemarketing... Hey, the more McDonald's advertises, the more burgers they sell. Would you say the Big Mac is the best burger out there? They've sold more than any other burger chain on the planet right? Billions served, is certainly more than anybody else... C'mon man, seriously think about what you're saying.  Besides, if he's on the cell phone that much having to help customers, maybe the stuff isn't working?  I call Seb to shoot the shit, not tell him I have a problem, and the bike is not running right... What do I do?   :|

How many Velocity customers win?  How many besides barry in Pro Street was the question?

More than any other manufacturer in the business....thats how many.  How many other kits are out there racing?

Mikey Slowe, Chuck Cunningham, Kent Stotz, John Flood.......ummmmmm, who the guy in the heavy hitters class at MIRock that owns all the heavy hitters records....I forgot his name (Shane Ratliff?). Thats just to name a few.  Who owns the record for the 60" class? How many seasons has mikey been perfecting the set-up on that kit. Jason Miller did what he did in his first year on the bike. So now what?

When you look down the lanes at any Pro Star race and see nothing but Velocity bikes, thers a reason for it.  You got that right!! The rules are written 100% around the bikes. Don't even try to twist this one around, cause you walked right into it my friend... The Bullshit will never stop! You know it and I know it. NOPI came along and said "we're going to be different, there will no methanol allowed in any street class, but we will allow all types of intercooling, blah, blah, blah." Then POOF! The rules get posted and they allow methanol for the 1000's, and no water/ice intercoolers. Goes to show you who runs the show... Read the Prostar rule book, no frame gussets may be removed, or altered, blah, blah, blah. Then there's a revision that states a certain tube may be modified, or removed. Hmmm. Funny, don't the Velocity turbo bikes require that "certain" tube/gusset to be removed?  Fucking Joke! Yet, "we have nothing to do with the rules, we simply build our bikes to the rules, and you should do the same." That's the old bread & butter statement...  Lets be real shall we? No need for smoke and mirrors here.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 04:20:52 PM by Blackhawk »
PSI's Matters Racing
2003 Pro Street Hayabusa -- NLR Power/AMS Boost Control

suzuki4life

« Reply #124 on: February 21, 2006, 06:11:32 PM »
[That's the old bread & butter statement...  Lets be real shall we? No need for smoke and mirrors here.

no smoke and mirrors.

just shovels and tons of bullshit.

pretty much all racing is the same, it favors someone somewhere.