Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Yeah, the guys at Velocity dont know how to weld.  (Read 44094 times)

Offline Fastturbobusa

• Rider
Re: Yeah, the guys at Velocity dont know how to weld.
« Reply #200 on: February 24, 2006, 06:07:30 AM »
    Well Said gnd111

Fastturbobusa
IGot A Need For Speed!!!

Offline Blackhawk

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #201 on: February 24, 2006, 03:46:04 PM »
 :talk:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 06:56:44 PM by Blackhawk »
PSI's Matters Racing
2003 Pro Street Hayabusa -- NLR Power/AMS Boost Control

Offline COLDSTONE1300

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #202 on: February 24, 2006, 05:06:46 PM »

ROTFLMFAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If your Kitty Is scared...

And If You Can Find Them...

Maybe You Can Hire.....The C-Team

Offline Blackhawk

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #203 on: February 24, 2006, 05:44:08 PM »
 :roll:

All I got to say is that there certainly a few "ball polishers" around here... On this site there are people saying that Velocity left little to be desired in terms of quality and craftsmanship of their kit, and that service has been quite the rollercoaster. Then over on the other site, the some of the same people thank Barry for having awesome customer service?

PSI's Matters Racing

Offline Scorpion

• Rider
« Reply #204 on: February 24, 2006, 08:36:06 PM »
what I was trying to convey?

THERE HAS BEEN NO COMPETITON FROM ANY OTHER MANUFACTURER SINCE 2002!!  Velocity has owned 99% of the turbo bikes competing for the last 4 years. So of course they're going to be #1.  :duh:

In the first season running an NLR kit Jason Miller set the new 60" record, and is still currently the only bike that has run in the 7.60's! So what if he lost the best of 5 to Mikey Slowe on Pinks, or if Mikey still won the overall series. So does that mean Velocity is still the best kit on the planet? Or maybe Mikey just had a better season overall, and it helps that he has mulitple years of riding that bike?
[/quote  And Jason had the same bike as Mike the year before and couldn't come close. Mike has been 7.70 on that (out of the box)VR stg3 piggyback system with a MSBC1 controller. Jasons bike has all the goods and plenty of money spent ,so your comparison is no good. Now the Prosteet VR bikes have all the goods so we will see who comes out on top in that class. The kits only compare in looks and quality, I say NLR wins that category. All turbo kits are turbo,header,wastegate,up-pipe,plenum,and fuel system. How they are put together is what counts. We put a kit together with a Motec and the bike had no chassis work 60" , 8.00 with average rider.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 08:59:02 PM by Scorpion »

Offline ROBOPTI

• Post Whore
« Reply #205 on: February 25, 2006, 12:05:13 AM »

I have literally gone to this tread to see this pic ... I now have it as a wallpaper ..... It's the small things in life

I have no idea why ... but damn that makes me laugh ... Maybe bcuz I'm a cat person

It's PUURRRRRFECT

I just can't stop myself

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I LOVE IT !!!
THE ULTRA GHETTO MACHINE ..... WORK IN PROGRESS

Offline Lofty

• Post Whore
« Reply #206 on: February 25, 2006, 06:11:44 AM »
I wonder why when I try to access Kevins site I get this now?

:bah:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.34 Server at www.superkaos.com Port 80
"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees"

Offline Blackhawk

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #207 on: February 25, 2006, 07:50:28 AM »
I wonder why when I try to access Kevins site I get this now?

:bah:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.34 Server at www.superkaos.com Port 80

NO SOUP FOR YOU![/color]
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 07:52:08 AM by Blackhawk »
PSI's Matters Racing

Offline Lofty

• Post Whore
« Reply #208 on: February 25, 2006, 07:54:58 AM »
Hahahaaaa........thats what it looks like.

Damn, I guess Im out of the circle of trust.

What did I do?

The only thing I said was that Velocity didnt build Robs bike, Kevin did and that putting a stock bore head gasket in a 2mm over motor was a serious blunder. Shit, if I had done it, I would rag myself out for it.

Damn.
"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees"

Offline Jimi

• Post Whore
« Reply #209 on: February 25, 2006, 08:06:15 AM »
Jeff,

I believe the site is closed all together? I haven't been able to access it for a couple of weeks now?

Offline Tbone

• Rider
« Reply #210 on: February 25, 2006, 08:09:52 AM »
Thats what I get when I try to go over there. Wife said he called the house Thurs. morning while I was at work.Oh well, didnt look as though I was going to sell the bike on his site anyway. Ill just carry it down to Rockingham in April and see what happens then. Thanks.

Tbone
                                                                                                               J.T. Frick

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
« Reply #211 on: February 25, 2006, 11:37:28 AM »
Doesn't PhantomBusa run like 8's in the 1/8th???

Offline BLUR AKA SIDEWAYS AKA KING OF SOUTH FLORIDA

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #212 on: February 25, 2006, 05:41:49 PM »
1/16

Offline J R

• Nitromethane Wizard
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #213 on: February 27, 2006, 12:32:49 AM »
Its the same guy that was here for bike week from outta town last year that was at Jax raceway with the 430 h.p. turbo bike during bike week people where talkin about.Its the same guy your thinkin of from last year.Blackbike with superkunt stickers.Same guy same bike your thinkin of.Be nice :wink: He aint got nothin for anyone at the track here dont even get any idiea,s.   

« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 07:58:16 AM by J R »

Offline Fastturbobusa

• Rider
« Reply #214 on: February 27, 2006, 06:11:57 AM »
       I think several people have tried with no luck to access the TKP site. I tell you I can't understand how this process works. Now if you were a builder of turbo's and one of your customers bike went up in smoke would you honor the rebuild of that motor or would you have the buyer pay for the work that was done? I'm just trying to understand how this process works. I was told that if you upgrade the motor to a high performacne the builder doesn't give you any type of warenty at all, so what this is telling me that no matter who kit I buy I can't get a warrenty on the building of that bike. Man  tell you if this is true then it doesn't make any sense to purchase a high dollar bike if you can't get any warrently on the bike and anytime the system fails you're out of money. I tell you I want another turbo, but just because I got screwed by TKP I really have a fear of getting another raw deal on a turbo bike. I've look at everyone with the bikes and it seems as if having great success with the TMH, NLR, MCepress, Johnny Exoticycle and a few with the Velociety/TKP motor build that's very happey with the product. I just want someone to tell me how this process works, so I can decide what I want to do. My wife wants a Trike GoldWing and at this point in a few weeks it looks as if I'm going to have a 1800 GoldWing. I really want another turbo, but if this is the way this process works then to hell with the turbo's abd I'm just get JR to build me a 1397 and have fun with it from time to time. But it really look as if my old rump will be getting a GodlWing.

Fastturbobusa :evil: :evil: :evil: :( :(
IGot A Need For Speed!!!

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
« Reply #215 on: February 27, 2006, 06:13:46 AM »
Its the same guy that was here for bike week from outta town last year that was at Jax raceway with the 430 h.p. turbo bike during bike week people where talkin about.Its the same guy your thinkin of from last year.Blackbike with superkunt stickers.Same guy same bike your thinkin of.Be nice :wink: He aint got nothin for anyone at the track here dont even get any idiea,s. :lol: :wink:

Maybe we can line em all up at Daytona on Sat the 11th... :D

I like racing turbo bike from a dig on the street... :lol:

Offline cstraubs1

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #216 on: February 27, 2006, 06:44:44 AM »
I can't wait to meet all the "FAST" guys at Muncie....you guys coming?

Offline Blackhawk

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #217 on: February 27, 2006, 08:21:36 AM »
Cutsinger letting you bring the 50?
PSI's Matters Racing

Offline J R

• Nitromethane Wizard
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #218 on: February 27, 2006, 08:29:58 AM »
Hows your bike doing Bobby? I saw the pic,s and it looks badazz  :wink: Is it all done now and ready to rock and roll? Or have ya already been running it? I know your first bike was pretty fast I remember the vid I think.You where running like mid 8,s with a street set up I think wherent ya? Who knows what the deal is with Muncie at this point for me.But I think theres peeps talkin about going from around here but man its a long haul from Florida  :D Yea im getting old :?

GoldenChild

« Reply #219 on: February 27, 2006, 09:08:08 AM »
FTTB,Nobody in the Industry that I know of will give you a 100% warranty on nothing race related..The fact that you use this for racing and hard abuse you can't realistically expect anyone too....the concensus is that if a really standup mechanic builds you a motor and he puts it together himself he will stand behind the build somewhat...There are so many varibles to what can happen with a motor once it leaves the mechanic it's hard to stand behind it....I see it and hear it myself,people take and let any and everyone tinkle with their stuff and most don't know what their doing and cause a malfunction and you can't expect the builder to stand behind that do you?How about this one,a guy builds you a motor and sets it up to the max cause that's what you want and then you get beat by someone so you say fuck it i know i can spray or boost up another 25 hp and beat this fucker,next pass you roast the motor,who is responsible????A mechanic can ususally look and see if it was a mechanically failure or operator failure (pushed past the setup he put in it)but racing is just that racing,nothing is guaranteed and nothing is for free....Buy ya a goldwing and enjoy yourself and your wife.....

Offline cstraubs1

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #220 on: February 27, 2006, 10:51:48 AM »
Hows your bike doing Bobby? I saw the pic,s and it looks badazz  :wink: Is it all done now and ready to rock and roll? Or have ya already been running it? I know your first bike was pretty fast I remember the vid I think.You where running like mid 8,s with a street set up I think wherent ya? Who knows what the deal is with Muncie at this point for me.But I think theres peeps talkin about going from around here but man its a long haul from Florida  :D Yea im getting old :?

Thanks...haven't rode this one....My other bike was basically built for street/strip,this one is built for STRIP/street. :lol: 

Blackhawk,guess I'm going to have to come to Texas for some of ya now..... :bah: :lol:...Start saving up your ice packs for the maragrita machine!!! :P