Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Yeah, the guys at Velocity dont know how to weld.  (Read 44153 times)

suzuki4life

Re: Yeah, the guys at Velocity dont know how to weld.
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2006, 10:10:18 AM »
 :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Anyone got any crackers? Jeff HAS to be hungry by now.
Yep Barry is fast.
Yep Barry probably has one hell of a nice race setup for him and his "star" racers.

BUT.........

He sells mostly SHIT that is NOT bolt on as he describes and is out of the reach of the average mechanically inclined individual. (ie: turbo housings sent out unground for clearance, missing bolts, incorrect wastegates etc etc)
Allot of his "authorized dealers" are complete jokes who can't install NOR CORRECT the flaws in the "kits" before they reach the average customer.
Did Barry step to the plate and correct this? NO. Is TKP still an authorized dealer? Yes. Is Frank Adams a dealer? Yes. I don't need to bash these people, OTHER unhappy velocity owners have and will happily step to the plate here.

So Jeff, can Velocity weld? Judging from the pinholes in my header, shitty peneration and overall finish- FUCK NO!

Is the arm any good? Who knows. Tell Barry to put them on his race bikes and prove them. Even if the hundred he makes after that fact are compelte junk, he can atleast prove his theory worked. BUT at this point I will state (my opinion), I believe the arms are like his stage 1 kit. A waste of cash compared to the competition.

You know Jeff I speak from absolutely no experience at all. I have only owned Hahn Racecraft, Mr. Turbo, Velocity and Mcxpress turbokits. I have seen Mac arm, Frank Adams arms, efreak arms etc pass through the shop. I have seem what the worst things (a crash) that can happen to a bike and what it can do to these arms. To me that proves what they are capable of. I have NEVER seen a Mac OR an Efreak arm broken on a weld. I won't comment on others, that is not the debate here.

Barry has plenty of followings at the race track, magazine articles and ads, and plenty of shirt tail riders with their own websites to boast his products. I doubt he'll get much love here. If his arms, kits etc are ANY good at all, this website won't mean an inkling to his business.

Best of Luck to Barry and his Business.

I hope him a great and safe year/lifetime of racing.

My opinion of course.

Offline Rick Gregory

• Rider
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2006, 10:34:55 AM »
Does a turbocharger installation training/certfication exist for a dealer of ANY turbo being sold outside the OEM manufacture for a motorcycle application? or is it just a matter of having a motorcycle type business and a tax id number and presto you are now an authorized installer with a turbocharger order?

Does the manufacture look into issues consumers are or have had with an authorized  dealer? if they are valid or not? take action? or are they only concerned with selling more kits?

I understand some grey area would exist with shops who have been doing turbo installation and tuning for years versus a new business but would think some sort of training would be required and some concern with the end consumers poor results and action taken on questionable installations.

Remember, when folks complain they start with the name I have XYZ turbo on my bike and puked etc. That is what gets remembered regardless of who installed it than peel the onion a little further you look into who installed it, and what the OEM manufacture provided for training certfication. These are not inexpensive systems. I'm sure we can open a can of worms in regards to all motor, nos appilcations but my questions are related too turbo applications.

Rick

Offline NLR-power and control

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2006, 10:44:41 AM »
Seb, please stick to the words that come out of your mouth, dont go putting them in mine.

I never said Trac arms were garbage. I had one on my bike and it was a very nice piece........I wish I could get it back from them one day, but thats another story.have you tried calling? Ill call today for you hows that!

Anyways, Barry saw areas that could be improved upon and decided to make them. One being flex with very high HP bikes using long arms.----------thats absurd! MCintosh arms are not ribbed on the inside and they do not flex...and your telling me a trac arm does? How would you know youve never had one long..oh thats right..you HEARD it second hand..this is my point!

The clubfoot on his Trac arms were a band aid.....a very clumsy and ugly band aid.-------seemed to work brilliantly with all those records they set!

He found a better way of doing it and I think over the next season hes going to prove that.-------------------------------------------------great, he added another rib...trac arms are an extrusion and have a rib in them.

I find it funny how every single thing that Barry has ever set out to do, you've trashed him for it and laughed about it. Then he just goes on about doing it anyways and you just move on to something else to trash him about.---------------------------your kidding right? Im not trashing him....Im trashing you for talking about a bunch of stuff you dont know anything about. Your so caught up in the moment youll argue with people whom do this stuff for a living...any valid point you will argue just because. I think its great that he has a new product...and Im sure it will evolve over time to become better and better.

Barrys my friend, hes worked very hard on this new product and Im happy for him that it has turned out so well......so fucking kill me for it. Before you talk shit to me about it though, tell all your little cheerleaders to pipe down themselves then. Every time you come out with something new, Blackhawk is all over the net about it. Thats cool, you have some nice shit made and the bikes you build are righteous. If you guys are pumped up about something new you've built or designed, thats awesome....good on ya. Anytime you've shown pics of bikes youre building on Franks site, Ive always got on and said that the work youre doing is awesome and the bike looks great.

I know being short must suck dude, but stop bein such a hater.------------
I may be short but at least Im not the one on the receiving end :bah:

Before you yap about a quality of a product make sure you know what your talking about..Blackhawk knows what hes talking about....havent you noticed or does it just make you mad because he always right. Before you comment any further..think before you open the box. I like ya Jeff but I spend alot of time fixing the"quality fabrication" so it irritates me when you talk about it. Thats all.

I will not comment any further...time for me to go fix some more shit!

GoldenChild

« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2006, 11:23:26 AM »
Somebody tell me how Orange permatex gets into the fuel filter of a velocity Kit????  :lmao: If you wanna see pics of a TKP grenade do a search,the last thing TKP wanted me to see was this motor,cause I had to show the truth,I pulled it apart and photographed it inch by inchh...I have never built a turbo motor but what i saw i know you don't put in one...FTB,your lucky you got 1K miles out of it for sure...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 11:25:00 AM by GoldenChild »

Ahab

« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2006, 11:29:46 AM »
Somebody tell me how Orange permatex gets into the fuel filter of a velocity Kit????  :lmao: If you wanna see pics of a TKP grenade do a search,the last thing TKP wanted me to see was this motor,cause I had to show the truth,I pulled it apart and photographed it inch by inchh...I have never built a turbo motor but what i saw i know you don't put in one...FTB,your lucky you got 1K miles out of it for sure...

...people are Lazy, let me help ya out:

http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=55172.0

Offline ROBOPTI

• Post Whore
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2006, 11:39:18 AM »
 :bah: :bah: :bah: :bah: :bah: :bah: :bah: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

THE ULTRA GHETTO MACHINE ..... WORK IN PROGRESS

Offline J R

• Nitromethane Wizard
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2006, 11:53:29 AM »
:bah: :bah: :bah: :bah: :bah: :bah: :bah: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:yes: Told ya long time ago on the phone.That was a NEW tkp motor.( cant you tell by the head and how clean the engine is  :? No need for a hot tank when ya got a can of brake cleaner  :lol: I had some that looked the same.And then when you get sombody eles to pull them apart you find aint nothin done right in the whole motor. The guys is what he is ...............Im glad you took my advice and got that motor of yours checked Rob.And yea buddy ya know I love ya and all bro.But I told ya so  :wink: Ya had someone else pull it apart and ya find you got fucked to...total con job on many out of thousands of dollars.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 12:00:09 PM by J R »

Offline J R

• Nitromethane Wizard
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2006, 12:03:48 PM »
Heres another great link about his work and Barrys  http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=35944.0

Offline QUICK1300R

• Rider
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2006, 12:54:42 PM »
So is Kevin's board all done ? Is he still a dealer ?

Offline NLR-power and control

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2006, 01:49:37 PM »
Here are some pics of  zx12 arm I think they built. Should have shown these....bitchen lookin arm!!!!!

Totally supported in the bend area of the main runners!!!

I myself like it!!

Offline eliXXir

• Rider
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2006, 02:50:54 PM »
Lastly, we'll see how many winning bikes this year run Trac arms and how many run Velocity arms. You can talk smack all you want but in the end all that matters is which product is crossing the finish line first.

You care to put your money where your mouth is?
ROFL, Lofty's up to his old tricks..

I think the challenge was already made:  Do a real engineering test of a Trac arm versus the new Velocity arm.

Know what though?  Neither Lofty nor Barry will face a real and valid test when it risks exposing a potential negative truth.  It won't happen -- even if it would provide all kinds of important product information that would allow them to make a better product.  Nope, it is all about getting that mighty $$ out of your wallet irrespective of consequences.  Too bad, too since it could help the industry evolve by offering fact instead of theory ... especially when it comes to realities that can affect a person's safety!

My safety is just too important to me and my dependants, I think I will continue to place it in the hands of those who have shown they should be trusted since they have demonstrated consistent quality and attention to detail as a defacto standard PRINCIPLE not just when it comes to a race bike for a highly visible and sponsored rider.  The game is risky enough without worrying about which designs were thoroughly thought out or not.

I'm really surprised there haven't been more lawyers involved with some of the crap coming out of the camps where these complaints keep coming from.

Offline Blackhawk

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2006, 03:50:29 PM »
Or maybe you can use your brain for a second and realize that the picture of the Velocity arm was taken from a rearward angle giving the optical illusion that it is wider at the ends.

Im sure you knew that, youre no idiot.....just very biased.

Nope, I don't see the illusion. Just that it simply looks flared, and the pics of the other arm does not... 
Maybe we should ask Rob about the illusion that his kit would make 600hp+.

I don't think he was none too happy about that claim.

I find it somewhat entertaining that as the magazine articles have progressed over the years, that nearly every article in reference of a Velocity bike's HP changes.

I mean, 3 years ago they race kits were capable of up to 550hp, then you read about 550+hp, then it was in excess of 560hp, and one of the most recent articles stated that Barry's Pro Street Bike makes over 600hp.   :?

Also, it was recently admitted that the Stage II as advertised will make in upwards of 430hp, but that the numbers were inflated due to fuel delivery or something like that. And that's with all the offered upgrades. So is that just another illusion as well?

I feel these are legitimate questions, are they not?

PSI's Matters Racing
2003 Pro Street Hayabusa -- NLR Power/AMS Boost Control

Offline Blackhawk

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2006, 03:58:29 PM »

Barrys my friend, hes worked very hard on this new product and Im happy for him that it has turned out so well......so fucking kill me for it. Before you talk shit to me about it though, tell all your little cheerleaders to pipe down themselves then. Every time you come out with something new, Blackhawk is all over the net about it.

Let me explain the subtle differences here...

I often "cheer", or "post" about something that Seb develops, because I believe in his products. But the products "deliver" 100% of what he says they will deliver. Whether it's more power, more control, etc. I also have some sort of understanding of the product... 

I'm not just a "Pom-Pom" shaker, and that's the big difference.

Yeah for Barry! His arms do look nice...(other than the "illusion" of the flared ends) We'll see how they work.
PSI's Matters Racing

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2006, 04:03:38 PM »
 :drink:
i'll stick with my 0" suzuki swingarm.
 :P

Offline pimpmybusa

• Rider
  • In a 100 yrs. from now it won't matter
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2006, 04:33:54 PM »
Well I have a Velocity stage 2 kit, got around 2500-3000 miles on it doing fine. My concern is I am thinking of sending the bike back to Kevin for somemore motor work, trans etc.. After reading all this I am saying DAMNNNNNN !!!!!!!!What do you do now???????

Offline Greg

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2006, 04:37:09 PM »
Well I have a Velocity stage 2 kit, got around 2500-3000 miles on it doing fine. My concern is I am thinking of sending the bike back to Kevin for somemore motor work, trans etc.. After reading all this I am saying DAMNNNNNN !!!!!!!!What do you do now???????

He may not work on it after all this
Let's Roll!!

Offline Lofty

• Post Whore
« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2006, 04:54:32 PM »
Heres another great link about his work and Barrys  http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=35944.0

I guess it cant be said enough.......Barry has nothing to do with TKP accept selling turbo systems to him and he used to use him to build the motors in his race bike.

Barry had absolutely nothing to do with the building of Hanks bike....NOTHING!!
"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees"

Offline Lofty

• Post Whore
« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2006, 05:14:03 PM »
Blackhawk, Barrys two consecutive world championships and the ownership of more world records than everyone else competing in the class all put together backs up my claims about how well Barrys products work.....I dont need to say anything else.

You back Sebs products because he's your friend and you believe in what he manufactures and sells. I do the same with Barry.

I have no problem telling you that if Barry wasnt around and I was to build another bike, there is no where on the planet that I would even consider taking my bike to except for Sebs. Sorry Dennis. Hes having some fine stuff machined for him and his bike assembly skills are outstanding. I wouldnt have said that about three years ago....I didnt like the stuff coming out of his shop then. Since he's started releasing his GenX stuff though, Ive been very impressed and the performance seen on Jasons bike is undeniable.

I also have no problems admitting that while putting my bike together, I kinda got Barry a little tweaked at me when I insisted on putting Sebs fuel rail on my bike. It was the best piece on the market and the only area that I felt my Velocity kit fell short on.

As far as HP claims regarding Barrys race kit.....he knows what his systems are capable of and has no reason to lie. You know as well as I do that the same system can be capable of making different numbers depending on tuning and other components involved. On my bike, Barrys full race system made around 550. that was stock bore, bone stock head and aftermarket cams. To be honest, I think the specific cams in my bike hurt power....I also didnt like the cam numbers we had used. Had the bike not been destroyed, I was puling those cams out.

Anyways, I dont think it would have been unrealistic to see 570's maybe even 580 with a good head and better cams. Is that pushing it? Of course. Barry knows what the GT-35 he uses is capable of. How hard do you think it would be for Barry to just put a bigger turbo on the bike and re-tune it to make big numbers? Do you honeslty think that if Barry was at all interested in peak HP numbers he couldnt make 600....even 700 HP?

Anyways, enoughs enough. We'll see what this year brings and how many winning bikes run Velocity turbo systems and Velocity arms. I guess Barrys adopted the attitude of letting his records speak for themselves. Besides, he's got much more important things going on in his life right now than continuing with this same old debate.

I guess i should too huh?
"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees"

Offline J R

• Nitromethane Wizard
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2006, 05:43:51 PM »
Lofty you got a PM :wink:

Offline Blackhawk

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2006, 05:59:56 PM »
Blackhawk, Barrys two consecutive world championships and the ownership of more world records than everyone else competing in the class all put together backs up my claims about how well Barrys products work.....I dont need to say anything else.
Bravo to Barry. He worked harder than anybody else out there to achieve that. But, shouldn't it be said that there are pretty much no other turbo kits legal for the SBS/Pro Street class except Velocity? Not to mention he's racing against his own customers bikes and a few old NOS bikes that just refuse to let go of old technology. Furthermore, this does nothing to build the case of whether or not the kits are of quality. What it does do, is further strengthen the case of how Barry got there. Before teaming up with Kent 0 Championships, after? 2 Championships. I'm not saying that Kent did not benefit in some way, because the free turbo kits, and upgrades from his Hahn EFI system, was definitely going to be needed eventually to keep up with the field. But you can't deny the coorelation between the two...

You back Sebs products because he's your friend and you believe in what he manufactures and sells. I do the same with Barry.

I have no problem telling you that if Barry wasnt around and I was to build another bike, there is no where on the planet that I would even consider taking my bike to except for Sebs. Sorry Dennis. Hes having some fine stuff machined for him and his bike assembly skills are outstanding. I wouldnt have said that about three years ago....I didnt like the stuff coming out of his shop then. Since he's started releasing his GenX stuff though, Ive been very impressed and the performance seen on Jasons bike is undeniable.

I also have no problems admitting that while putting my bike together, I kinda got Barry a little tweaked at me when I insisted on putting Sebs fuel rail on my bike. It was the best piece on the market and the only area that I felt my Velocity kit fell short on.

As far as HP claims regarding Barrys race kit.....he knows what his systems are capable of and has no reason to lie. You know as well as I do that the same system can be capable of making different numbers depending on tuning and other components involved. On my bike, Barrys full race system made around 550. that was stock bore, bone stock head and aftermarket cams. To be honest, I think the specific cams in my bike hurt power....I also didnt like the cam numbers we had used. Had the bike not been destroyed, I was puling those cams out.

Anyways, I dont think it would have been unrealistic to see 570's maybe even 580 with a good head and better cams. Is that pushing it? Of course. Barry knows what the GT-35 he uses is capable of. How hard do you think it would be for Barry to just put a bigger turbo on the bike and re-tune it to make big numbers? Do you honeslty think that if Barry was at all interested in peak HP numbers he couldnt make 600....even 700 HP?
All I can speak about is what's been posted over the past few months about Stage II and the "Race" kits not exactly meeting their claims. Am I saying that the claim is 550hp, and they only make 500hp? No. I'm saying that there are some discrepancies, and some customers take that personally. I'm saying that I know what the GT61 is capable of, and with good head work, and cams I would see around 600-610hp. I think the GT35R would be hard pressed to reach 600hp on the same bike.

Anyways, enoughs enough. We'll see what this year brings and how many winning bikes run Velocity turbo systems and Velocity arms. I guess Barrys adopted the attitude of letting his records speak for themselves. Besides, he's got much more important things going on in his life right now than continuing with this same old debate. 
I'll bet right now that a Velocity bike again wins Pro Street this year. That's hardly going out on a limb... You're going to have 14-15 bikes out there and 10-11 of them will be Velocity bikes...  What's more interesting, is that there are a gaggle of different bikes running Pro Sportbike this season. That's the class I'm interested to watch!  Long bikes, short bikes, big guys, little guys, old school, new school, NOS, Turbo, not geared toward one maufacturer class... Nuff said!

I guess i should too huh?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 06:02:26 PM by Blackhawk »
PSI's Matters Racing

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2006, 06:08:01 PM »
Damn Lofty is swinging from some nutz...  I never got the feeling in all my years on this board he was an owned man...

suzuki4life

« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2006, 06:16:11 PM »

I guess it cant be said enough.......Barry has nothing to do with TKP accept selling turbo systems to him and he used to use him to build the motors in his race bike.

Barry had absolutely nothing to do with the building of Hanks bike....NOTHING!!

I guess if Barry gave 2 shits about his company's reputation or his customer's well being he'd worry more about his kits being properly installed and operating rather than quantites eh? That in itself is known as SERVICE. Service is what 99.9999% of what most US companies are basing their business upon nowdays. Maybe he should follow the trend.

Offline pimpmybusa

• Rider
  • In a 100 yrs. from now it won't matter
« Reply #97 on: February 20, 2006, 06:39:05 PM »

Hey Greg why do you say that, I just said my shit is doing fine, but after reading all this stuff, it makes you think, did not say that I agree with all this.  :!: :!: :!:

GoldenChild

« Reply #98 on: February 20, 2006, 06:43:25 PM »

Lofty you need to stop...why??/because this statement right here should have awoken you...even though he owns more records than anyone else speaks volumes about the way he runs his business,cause i bet you a million dollars HIS customers have spent more money in their bikes than he has,even though he did the r&d on the systems....The customer bikes should plummet any records he has set cause the students are only as good as the teacher....Explain this one and i will shut up...
 ]

Offline Greg

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #99 on: February 20, 2006, 07:07:56 PM »

Hey Greg why do you say that, I just said my shit is doing fine, but after reading all this stuff, it makes you think, did not say that I agree with all this.  :!: :!: :!:

Seeing how he is getting hit pretty hard, I wouldn't be surprised if he stopped working on bikes all together. Just my opinion... which doesn't mean too much
Let's Roll!!