Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Lightweight Hayabusa owners?  (Read 38288 times)

Offline Kirk

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Re: Lightweight Hayabusa owners?
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2006, 03:04:15 AM »
Striker...Striker...Striker...STRIKER! :lol:
-Kirk

Offline Kirk

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2006, 03:23:46 AM »
Carbon fiber is my bling.
I don't have any problem with whatever someone want's to do with their 2 wheels though.  It's their money and as long as they enjoy what's happening, that's what it's all about.
I'm not much of a knee down guy.  It's happened before, but I just don't work on body position enough.  It doesn't seem to matter a whole lot.  I've gone around the outside of a lot of guys and listened to their pucks a' scrapin' along.
Laguna Seca awhile back.

Kirk, how's the island life anyway?
Don't be a hater on the bling boys.  Even if I find a bike distasteful or just not my style, I can always appreciate a man's pride of ownership.
It's all good.
And I do care what kind of wax you use.  8)

Gar

Gregg-

Sebimoto carbon fiber costs less than stock bodywork. It's anti-bling.

This thread isn't about what they're doing, it's more about what they're not doing. Buying a Hayabusa and polishing your weasel does not make them one of us.

I think anybody who's camped with us at Laguna Seca is probably one of us, even if they ride a Ural sidehack. ;)

Island life is good. :)

I too can appreciate all sorts of bikes, even if I have no interest in owning that particular type. But I think it's beyond lame to "effect" the Hayabusa as some kind of fashion accessory.

I hope that you and Kim are well. :)
-Kirk

Offline Kirk

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2006, 03:25:22 AM »
mine is raised out back, lower up front, shortened, geared lower and lightened. hope your happy :D

If you ride it, I'm happy. :)
-Kirk

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2006, 03:39:51 AM »
mine is raised out back, lower up front, shortened, geared lower and lightened. hope your happy :D

If you ride it, I'm happy. :)

Hypocritical now :duh: ... I think God's sending you a message. :wink:
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 03:42:29 AM by Busa@11K »
PMDC Motor Theory ... Back EMF is the Key.

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2006, 05:10:51 AM »
Hey Kirk ... how come you always have the "Holier Than Thou" ego bullshit going on?  For some reason you think you're the hottest rider on the planet since you tracked you Busa.  And you think everyone should have a bike like yours and ride like you.  I say big fuckin' deal asshole.  :eatme:  Go to church and repent your fucked up ways.  :lol:

dood, don't shit yourself, kirk rolls, couldn't shake him in the twisties and been side by side with him up on one at 90 on the Astoria lane share program, he gets down with the best dont worry yourself, he uses the busa for its intended purpose and then some, pretty simple scenario?

I often wonder about the same thing? how can someone own a busa and hold back the urge to lay down some compound? I don't have that kind of control?

I'm all down with the drag racing and stuff and bring what ya bling but a few 1/4 mile runs is just about enough to get settled in and the tires warm, no amount of bling can satisfy my urge to burn down the twisties....

I don't see the holier than thou but I do see the confusion, why buy a microwave to boil water?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 05:22:41 AM by Twisted »

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2006, 05:21:14 AM »

and you will grace us with your presence when?

the squid I mean kid I mean tafner, how is he? has he been toddeling the day prepping your bike for educational purposes?

tell him I yearn for my lesson and I feel I have 6 ironed out so he wont have to worry about me jammin his groove...  :wink:

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2006, 05:24:09 AM »
no doubt he will take this thread and claim I am saying the titanic is in the same class as an unlimited hydroplane and somehow that makes him fast....  :lmao:

:lmao: ... you're the 'tard that fits that bill since you keep thinking the ZX-14 and GSX-R1000 are in the same class.

and that makes you fast how?

Offline TufBusa

• Post Whore
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2006, 06:54:01 AM »
Scott, when the tires on your Hayabusa look like this (from you riding on them), your opinion will matter.

Kirk, when you actually win a race rather than just entering it????????????????????

Maybe your opinion will matter?

When you get back to Portland, I'm still waiting on that two up, 170 mph stoppie :-)
One Wheel Maniac

Offline KWComp

• Rider
  • Hillbilly
« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2006, 07:01:43 AM »
Carbon fiber is my bling.
I don't have any problem with whatever someone want's to do with their 2 wheels though.  It's their money and as long as they enjoy what's happening, that's what it's all about.
I'm not much of a knee down guy.  It's happened before, but I just don't work on body position enough.  It doesn't seem to matter a whole lot.  I've gone around the outside of a lot of guys and listened to their pucks a' scrapin' along.
Laguna Seca awhile back.

Kirk, how's the island life anyway?
Don't be a hater on the bling boys.  Even if I find a bike distasteful or just not my style, I can always appreciate a man's pride of ownership.
It's all good.
And I do care what kind of wax you use.  8)

Gar

Nice looking bike and Nice Skills Bro.......What kind of work did you do to your Busa to put it on the track like that?  The stock suspension on any Busa I have been on seems a lil soft for track riding, you guys changing the springs out or going for a complete re-work before hitting the track?
CCS#120

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2006, 01:41:36 PM »
PMDC Motor Theory ... Back EMF is the Key.

Offline 1BadAssBusa

• Mad Post Whore
    • Ruthless Performance Motorsports
« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2006, 06:23:58 PM »
You want too know what I do????  BUY MORE THAN ONE BIKE!!!!  I personally riding faster than 200 MPH, so I go for turbo bikes.  I want to drag knee I'll ride my AMA Preped 1K.  If I want bling I can ride my (in the making) single-sided swingarm Turbo BUSA.  Or race a 650HP Turbo BUSA. 

But I don't feel like a poser on the show bike.  There is something to be said for simply riding, you may have forgot that.  And some of us feel as though our bikes are an extention of our personalities, that's why we have customs.
Joey

"Got Boost?!?!?!?!"

Offline Kirk

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2006, 09:09:20 PM »

dood, don't shit yourself, kirk rolls, couldn't shake him in the twisties and been side by side with him up on one at 90 on the Astoria lane share program, he gets down with the best dont worry yourself, he uses the busa for its intended purpose and then some, pretty simple scenario?

Big-D, you're too modest. I couldn't pass you (safely). I'd never seen someone grind down their stator cover on the ground or go sideways at 100+ mph on corner exits ( on the street). Epic darkies.

I also enjoyed the 120 mph stand-ups side-by-side with you in the same lane over the Astoria bridge. :)

You're just one of those people that I was instantly comfortable riding with, five minutes after meeting you.

Heck, even that Deputy in the unmarked champagne-colored Chevy truck was impressed enough with your wheelies to stop you and pay you a compliment. ;)
-Kirk

Offline rustman

• Mad Post Whore
  • Garage Racer
« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2006, 09:22:13 PM »
Edit:  I withdraw my grumbling.   :oops:
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 09:37:00 PM by rustman »
Yeah, it made 500 hp at 32 psi.
233 mph Texas Mile