Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Lightweight Hayabusa owners?  (Read 38272 times)

Offline TufBusa

• Post Whore
Re: Lightweight Hayabusa owners?
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2006, 11:41:30 PM »
we could always start a thread saying
my name is Kirk none of my bikes make any hp at all so i have to look for a corner to have any fun at all because my shit is soo slow
or my name is Kirk it does not matter if i get hurt takin curves as fast as possible because uts the only way i can have fun cause my bikes soo slow
my name is kirk and i did some track days and now i am an expert on what ever bike needs and what everyones bike should have and how any and everyone should ride

Sickem Dennis! Put em in his place!  :lol:

Hey Kirk, what ever happened to that 170 mph stoppie you were going to do at Portland with your Hottie on the back? I was willing to pay hard cash to  watch a new world record two up stoppie take place! Was hoping to get an autographed picture too!
One Wheel Maniac

Offline DaveO

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2006, 12:04:33 AM »
Kirk,

You are correct, the industry has changed quite a bit.....Most owners nowadays just want to SAY they have it......That is why the "chrome and show" shops are the big thing today.....

10-15 years ago everybody wanted to go fast.....now everybody just wants to look fast.......Maybe it's not such a bad thing with the power of todays bikes...

Dave
220.312 at Maxton...ALL MOTOR

www.NewLimitsTuning.com

OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

Offline ZEUS

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2006, 12:14:42 AM »
People buy Busa's as well as other bikes because that is what they want and chrome, stretch, lower, turbo, and whatever else because they want to.  I don't think anybody told you what you could/should do to your bike, or how to ride.  I bet it is set up the way you want, for the type of riding you do.  Well so is everybody else's, and to be truthful there is nothing you can do about it!  But post on this board and maybe a few others, still it has not and will not change a thing.  And yes to all three of your questions.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 12:24:02 AM by ZEUS »

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2006, 12:20:44 AM »
Well you know your only cool if you have 500 horse and go throught rush hour traffic on 1 wheel at 240 mph  :roll:
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline COLDSTONE1300

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2006, 12:27:23 AM »
Kirk i always respected and enjoy your posts but i agree with the majority. Different stroke for different folks. Frankly i applaud the Custom sportbike scene. Why should the term "Custom Bike" be limited to Harley Ablesons or Choppers just as slow? I mean for the record, if theres one bike that's sold on it's looks and has just as many if not more Custom "bling" jobs to it's heritage, It's The Yamaha R1. Not every R1 rider had the same goal you had when they got their bike. Same for busa riders and others.

Yes my idea of custom is performance. I think Bikes like Nickslicks, Roboti's, or Motorheads are pure works of Functional Art. However i still like a custom sportbike with a sweet paintjob, more chrome then a harley, and still fast enough to put just about anything behind it. How many "Choppers" or Harleys can make that claim?

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2006, 01:03:11 AM »
I don't care what kind of wax you use.

Then you shouldn't care what else they do to THEIR bike ... emphasis on THEIR.  Get a life man. :duh:  :P

Seems Kirk goes off the deep end on this very subject once every year or two.  Shit, he doesn't even own a Busa any more. :roll:
PMDC Motor Theory ... Back EMF is the Key.

Offline Gixxer1300r

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2006, 02:26:21 AM »
Riding is a personal experience.  What works for you may not work for the next guy.  It's cool to me as long as you ride  :)

I totaly agree with you WayneE

Offline WayneE

• Mad Post Whore
  • Habitual linestepper
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2006, 07:12:20 AM »
Hey Kirk, what ever happened to that 170 mph stoppie you were going to do at Portland with your Hottie on the back? I was willing to pay hard cash to  watch a new world record two up stoppie take place! Was hoping to get an autographed picture too!

:lol:

I love all the stories Kirk tells.  Definately entertaining.  :mrgreen:

Offline BusaWizard

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2006, 09:37:28 AM »
To each is on.
If you're not living close to the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Offline TufBusa

• Post Whore
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2006, 12:04:37 PM »
The thing I find alarming about this post is we have guys like this, attitude and a size two hat in law enforcement?

Troubling to say the least.
One Wheel Maniac

THEMOTORHEAD

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2006, 12:15:10 PM »
BEST PART IS THINK STOCK WHEELS ARE WTILL ON THE BIKE
SHIT WAIT TILL YA RIDE A REAL BUSA W WHEELS ETC ON IT VS A GHETTO RACER LIKE WHAT YOU HAD
FUNNY PART IS I REMEMBER DRAGGIN THE CANISTERS ON MY BIKES BACK IN THE LATE 70S EARLY 80S WHEN YA HAD TO HAVE BALLS TO DO IT
SEE BACK THEN THEY TRIED SHAKIN YA OFF THE BIKE OR WEAVE YA INTO THE TREES :D
NOTHING HARD ABOUT TODAYS BIKES BY COMPARISON
A BIKE WELL PREPPED GOING FAST VS A STOCKER GOIN FAST IS ONE HAS A GOOD RIDER AND ONES JUST SET UP GOOD

SuperDave

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2006, 12:59:53 PM »
Bling has it's place.............when I was younger, bling was more important to me than it should have been and I rode Chromed/Stretched/Bored & Stroked Harleys.  Handled worse than my son's 1982 Toyota Corona Wagon.....

A Sportbike, whether it be a Busa or a ZX-10, offers so much potential, most guys never can safely tap it on the street...........

Personally, I prefer to have a short bike for turns and TurBusa for all out power...............Bling is still OK, but to bling/lower/stretch at the expense of handling kind of defeats the purpose the bike was designed for, IMO.

Whatever, to each his own................. :)

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2006, 01:02:29 PM »
Well i pin the throttle 1320 everytime i race.

Why does it matter to you?

Buy what you want and do what you can afford and don't hate the game...

Back to       www.r1-forum.com

Offline 05chris

• Rider
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2006, 01:19:40 PM »
EXACTLY DO WHAT YOU LIKE NOT WHAT EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING.
IF YA WANT A TRACK DAY BIKE BUY A 1K OR 10R
IF YA WANT TO STUNT BUY 636 OR GIXXER 750
IF YA WANT TO GO FAST BUY A ZX14 :lol:

BUT SINCE MOST OF US ON THIS SITE OWN A HAYABUSA THEN YOU HAVE TO COMPROMISE. IVE SEEN BUSAS POST SOME PRETTY IMPRESSIVE TIMES AT MID-OHIO, IVE SEEN BUSAS STUNTED, IVE SEEN BUSAS TAKE OFF FROM ME ON THE HIGWAY LIKE I WAS STANDING STILL.

SO I GUESS YOU JUST DO WHAT YOU LIKE WEATHER IT BE DRAG RACE,LAND SPEED,TRACK DAYS,STUNTIN,BLINGIN,OR JUST SPORT TOURING.

UNLESS YOUR MOTORHEAD AND OWN 5 DIFFERENT BUSAS THEN YOU CAN MAKE EACH ONE SPECIFIC FOR WHATEVER YOU FEEL LIKE DOING THAT DAY :)

Offline streetbusa

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2006, 02:03:20 PM »
knee down on busa ?yep                                                                                                                                        with passenger ? yep                                                                                                                                        flat out on road ? 210 on the clocks for 5  miles                                                                                                                                      gets boring real fast now at 64 " lowered dry shot of gas  soon to be turbo and still fun on the road

Offline BocaBusa

• Rider
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2006, 03:00:29 PM »
That's why there are 31 + flavors of ice cream.
To you're questions: yes, yes, and no.
How many of you have ridden 65000 miles on busas in the past 5 years?  8)

THEMOTORHEAD

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2006, 03:03:52 PM »
knee down on busa ?yep                                                                                                                                        with passenger ? yep                                                                                                                                        flat out on road ? 210 on the clocks for 5  miles                                                                                                                                      gets boring real fast now at 64 " lowered dry shot of gas  soon to be turbo and still fun on the road
THATS LIKE 185 MPH

Offline streetbusa

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2006, 04:14:23 PM »
yer probably right but it sure made me happy seeing it on the clocks. got some tts od gears to go in next time motors apart 8% 5th +12% 6th

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2006, 04:17:37 PM »
I dont know, I just do what seems fun to me at what ever point in my life I am at. Things always changing, would like a second bike to track day on so if I go down its no biggy. All the money in the Busa I would hate to slide it around and fuck it up.
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2006, 04:22:45 PM »

Offline Kirk

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2006, 11:39:46 PM »
-Kirk

Offline Kirk

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2006, 11:46:49 PM »
Guy's don't assume that just becuase I own an R1 that I think that the R1 is superior to the Hayabusa (I've always referred to the R1 as "the pocket bike"). And don't even get me started on R1 owners. I think even fewer of them really ride. Overall, I still prefer the Hayabusa to the R1, but the R1 was much easier to manage and much faster on the track, which was what I needed at the time. And it didn't scare the crap out of everyone (me included) like the Hayabusa did.

With a change in geography, my needs have changed again, and the R1 now makes no sense at all. It will probably be replaced by a street-legal supermotard in the next couple of months.

But my original post had nothing to do with any of that. It had more to do with the pimped Hayabusa parked in front of a tavern.
-Kirk

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2006, 12:07:40 AM »
Chrome on a Hayabusa = http://www.torino2006.org/ENG/IDF/LG/C73B1_LGX020101.html

these look like luge results?  :?

Two-man luge results to be specific.  :lol:

my bad, now I get it....  :o

you gotta watch these guys, they will determine a sportbikes capabilities based on 1/4 mile times  :?

Offline Mospeada

• Post Master
  • Representing San Diego's back roads. Woot!
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2006, 12:10:52 AM »
Built mine to do everything. And I mean everything.
Road race, track days, mountain rides.
Cruise, tour, put around.
Drag race (best 6.3 @ 120.47 and 9.87 @ 147 w/ 1.69 60 foot)
My best drag race time is not here yet. The bike is faster now, but the two tracks i have been using either have a nasty headwing, or, the other has crap for track preparation at the lauch pad. I'll get back to you on it.

Velocity stacks to oil pan, totally stock. Everything else has been changed.

Take off like a 13, flick it like a 6

Offline rumble phish

• Post Whore
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2006, 12:23:26 AM »
Built mine to do everything. And I mean everything.
Road race, track days, mountain rides.
Cruise, tour, put around.
Drag race (best 6.3 @ 120.47 and 9.87 @ 147 w/ 1.69 60 foot)
My best drag race time is not here yet. The bike is faster now, but the two tracks i have been using either have a nasty headwing, or, the other has crap for track preparation at the lauch pad. I'll get back to you on it.

Velocity stacks to oil pan, totally stock. Everything else has been changed.

sweet pic.... Im getting there. Only my second track day (and my first dry one!)

10-4 ya sonofabitch pileamonkeynuts!