Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Lightweight Hayabusa owners?  (Read 38275 times)

Offline Mospeada

• Post Master
  • Representing San Diego's back roads. Woot!
Re: Lightweight Hayabusa owners?
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2006, 12:34:33 AM »
Yeah, let me tell you, it wasn't easy getting there. But, once you've set your knee down, the sky opens up and the sun comes out!

Pic was taken at Willow Springs (big track), turn 2. It's a HUGE right hand up hill sweeper that you're doing about 100 mph on. Oh, and this was last December, it was 44 degrees (F) outside, that's why i'm wearing a ski mask. Took me like 8 laps to warm up the tires.

You can do anything on the Busa. It, being a wide bike, is limited to it's girth. Other than that, you set it up like any other bike, it will do what you want.

And I love it. Best bike I ever had.
Take off like a 13, flick it like a 6

Offline WarpSpeed

• Rider
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2006, 07:57:10 AM »
Track days are fun.     First time out with a Busa, back in 2000..

When in doubt, gas it.   It may not solve the problem but it will end the suspense.

Offline camaroguy72

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2006, 08:55:43 AM »
shortened and raised right here bud!  :evil:

GoldenChild

« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2006, 05:34:11 PM »
Bikes are bikes,people are people and when you put the two together you have people on bikes and that's all that should matter cause that's where comparison's should end.ride what you like and dress it how you like...Living in the NW & coming from the south there is alot of criticism here about anything other than roadracing and Kirk has been in the NW forever so he only knows one way of thinking or only knows the outs of one style of riding as far as differences in style...Roadracing is the thing here poser or not...try the local starbucks in any area here or Sportsbike Website and you will see the real racers....  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:  It's  :USA: get over it...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 05:36:14 PM by GoldenChild »

Offline Alaska's Southern Flavor

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2006, 05:53:48 PM »
So don't read the threads that contain stuff that you don't like?  Just a suggestion so you don't get your blood pressure up.  :lol:

No shit.  Many on here don't like Kirk and just can't wait to tell him too fuck off.  He isn't a bad guy in the end, hell I can say that and me and Kirk went round and round over some shit in the past.
It is not so much about you owning the Bike as it is the Bike owning a part of you.

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2006, 05:54:54 PM »
My

My

Any questions???
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline Kirk

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2006, 06:59:50 PM »
You guys rock:

-Kirk

Offline zig-zag

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2006, 07:31:41 PM »
is that a custom "bling" paint job you got there? :finger: i think some chrome grip would make you faster!!! :joker:
No it's not a crotch rocket it's a fucking land missile!!!!!

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2006, 07:45:57 PM »
But my original post had nothing to do with any of that. It had more to do with the pimped Hayabusa parked in front of a tavern.

You should have went in the bar and told him to his face instead of whining about it here like a little girl.  :lol:

My

My

Any questions???

That pretty much sums it up. :yes:  I think Kirk needs to worry about how he spends HIS money.  Maybe we should all bitch about him buying some dual sport POS ...  :P
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 07:49:16 PM by Busa@11K »
PMDC Motor Theory ... Back EMF is the Key.

Offline Kirk

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2006, 08:19:09 PM »
is that a custom "bling" paint job you got there? :finger: i think some chrome grip would make you faster!!! :joker:

fiberglass race bodywork and a driveway rattle can paint job with 200 mph rock chips:

« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 08:53:45 PM by Kirk »
-Kirk

Offline rumble phish

• Post Whore
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2006, 08:28:14 PM »

fiberglass race bodywork and a driveway rattle can paint job with 200 mph rock chips:

Hey Kirk, whose body work did you have on your Busa?

Looks like Airtech.

I'm going to be getting track body work and some wheels this year.

I was thinking AirTech and Cazzoerria (sp?). Any suggestions?
10-4 ya sonofabitch pileamonkeynuts!

Offline SteelMastiff

• Post Master
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2006, 08:36:51 PM »
 I am working on getting these installed tonight!! I hope I can get the boots high enough off the ground with these!! :wink: :P

05 LE

Offline Kirk

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2006, 08:41:56 PM »

Hey Kirk, whose body work did you have on your Busa?

Looks like Airtech.

I'm going to be getting track body work and some wheels this year.

I was thinking AirTech and Cazzoerria (sp?). Any suggestions?

Sharkskinz. Airtech sucks.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 08:44:12 PM by Kirk »
-Kirk

Offline Kirk

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2006, 08:46:01 PM »
Scott, when the tires on your Hayabusa look like this (from you riding on them), your opinion will matter.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2006, 08:59:56 PM »
And Scott, when your titanium mid-pipe is this color (from you riding on it), your opinion will matter.

-Kirk

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2006, 09:13:11 PM »
My responce was not directed at anyone. I like Kirk he is a good guy with good info, I pretty much like everyone here. Like I said I just feel its my money and I do what makes me happy at this point in my life, that can change at some point down the road.
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline VegasDude

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Master
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2006, 09:13:25 PM »
When I bought my Hayabusa, it was because the bike offered things that no other bike did. It seemed like most of us were kind of pushing the envelope. The South Florida guys would be a good example. So would Dennis. I got my expert road racing license on mine.

Nowadays, it seems like it's all about stretching and lowering the bike, chroming everything, and riders who don't ride. Buy a frickin' harley if you're just going to pose. Look at some of the topics that we've had lately- chrome grips, colored re-tread tires- give me a break. I don't care what kind of wax you use.

How many of us are there here anymore who have held the throttle to the stop on an unrestricted or de-restricted Hayabusa until the bike just won't go any faster? How many of us are there here anymore who have gotten a knee down? How many have done it with a passenger?

A lot of us have done these things except with the passenger..........how many of us have died doing it. Ride the bike to "your" limits not to someone else's.......................
2008 Busa
2007 Ducati 999S
2006 BMW K1200S

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2006, 09:13:37 PM »
Scott, when the tires on your Hayabusa look like this (from you riding on them), your opinion will matter.

shall I whip out the pic of the cases and put him back in his Z06?

scottys purdy damn fast on the internet, but I never seen a keyboard move so fast but say so little....

no doubt he will take this thread and claim I am saying the titanic is in the same class as an unlimited hydroplane and somehow that makes him fast....  :lmao:

Offline Kirk

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
-Kirk

Offline Kirk

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2006, 09:21:47 PM »

scottys purdy damn fast on the internet, but I never seen a keyboard move so fast but say so little....  :lmao:

The mouth that roared... :lol:

It's one thing to talk fecal matter on the infobahn, it's another do put it all on the line on the race track and then post pictures after. ;)

PS- I'm still amazed that your engine cases don't leak oil, as much time as they spend on the ground at 100 mph+
-Kirk

Ahab

« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2006, 11:24:54 PM »
Howzda weater, Brudda? Hot? I miss da surf!  :D

Wheather sucks right Now.....heavy showers on Oahu...but not hot. Surf? Got mine on Saturday... :wink: :drink:

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2006, 11:47:34 PM »

scottys purdy damn fast on the internet, but I never seen a keyboard move so fast but say so little....  :lmao:

It's one thing to talk fecal matter on the infobahn, it's another do put it all on the line on the race track and then post pictures after. ;)

sometimes I think the only thing speed and 11k have in common is a broadband connection?

better inform all the enzo owners on the island to lock their doors, theres a z06 closin in....  :lmao:

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2006, 01:52:33 AM »
no doubt he will take this thread and claim I am saying the titanic is in the same class as an unlimited hydroplane and somehow that makes him fast....  :lmao:

:lmao: ... you're the 'tard that fits that bill since you keep thinking the ZX-14 and GSX-R1000 are in the same class.  Do you even know that different classes exist?

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2006, 01:57:53 AM »
Hey Kirk ... how come you always have the "Holier Than Thou" ego bullshit going on?  For some reason you think you're the hottest rider on the planet since you tracked you Busa.  And you think everyone should have a bike like yours and ride like you.  I say big fuckin' deal asshole.  :eatme:  Go to church and repent your fucked up ways.  :lol:

Offline 02SE

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2006, 02:43:43 AM »
Over, Under... Under?... Over.  :lol: