Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Chicago Cycle Center advertised prices  (Read 16209 times)

Offline Busey

• Rider
Chicago Cycle Center advertised prices
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2003, 09:15:00 AM »
I checked into the bikes from Canada purchase, found I'd have to pay my state taxes when putting my plate on and I called Every dealer remotly close to me and Everyone of them said "NO WARRANTY HERE". You can't buy the American Extended Warranty from Canada either (IMO it's a MUST!).

I purchased my Busa locally and ended up spending $60.00 more dollars.
No problems because it was purchased here and I can ride it anywhere in the country and go to any dealer if needed for warranty service.

I remember people going round and round on this subject a year ago two years ago, some people it worked for somehow.

Just get on the phone to several dealers and find out what they say, act as if you already have the bike and are inquiring about some service needed. This way you'll know for sure and no one can say they just told you no so they could sell you a bike.
MOVE!

Offline Scotty

• Post Whore
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2003, 09:24:00 AM »
quote:
  I always dealt with Scott, the sales Manager, and he treated me really good.
That's who I bought mine from.  Very stand up guy.  Got a fair deal and process was smooth.  I had cash in hand though.  I kept showing it to the sales guys saying here is my cash and showing them 100 $100 bills...that helps.  

Offline King bu

• Rider
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2003, 03:13:00 PM »
You guys that are sucking the life out of the dealers and then got screwed had it coming    
If you guys knew how little the dealers made on the sale of a bike you wouldn't beleive it. If you had to invest 9,000.00 in something what kind of return would you want on your money? Most companies operate on 30-40% profit but most dealers are now operating under 5%. These people do have families to support and dreams to pay for. I am talking about the employees that work there, because no profit means no raises and the loss of jobs. Everbody is so worried about how much they can save or steal that they don't understand what they are doing to the local economy.
 I am not saying that you should be raped by these companies but since when did profit become a bad word. Alot of these smaller shops keep there doors open by investing money in inventory to return a profit. I have bought parts from Motorhead, that I know I could have bought cheaper on the internet but I want him to be open next year. So the next time you are chasing the last penny think about who you really hurting because if the companies around you don't make money it will effect you in the long run. The economy is like a large food chain, it is all connected.

Offline Blackhawk

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2003, 04:09:00 PM »
It's no secret that 99% of the shops out there make the profit margin on the parts & service end of the business. But with that being said, When typical dealer cost on a bike flutters around the 83-87% range depending on model(that's not taking into account buying power). If you are buying a Busa which MSRP's for $10,849. It comes out to around $9400. The whole idea is to sell as many bike as you can, and provide 100% top quality service. Then all those guys who got the great deal on their bikes from "your" shop would bring the bikes back in for service.

Take Shop A for example. They would just assume sell 20 Busas at a $1000 profit, but Shop B prefers to sell 50 Busas at a $400 profit.

What dealership do you think will do better in the long run provided they both have A+ service departments.

So for all the shops out there who want to be Shop A...    
PSI's Matters Racing
2003 Pro Street Hayabusa -- NLR Power/AMS Boost Control

Offline King bu

• Rider
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2003, 04:44:00 PM »
All the big high volume dealers in my area are nothing more than meatmarkets. They will not spend any time with you because you are just a number to them and I would not let them change the oil in my bike let alone anything important. The smaller dealers generaly treat you as a person and will give better service, but they need to make a higher profit margin to stay in business.

Do you remember going to the mom&pop video store before blockbuster was around? They knew your name,would reserve movies, and never charged to rewind but the were maybe a dollar more per video. What about buying stereo components from someone that knew what they were talking about, instead of the 16yr. old kid that makes 7.00 an hour at best buy.

There is always a trade off for everything!!!! Big business has ruined true customer service for ever. I will pay a little extra to deal with a business that treats me as a person not just another sale.

Not to mention what happened to all the people& there families that used to own small businesses,that could not survive because the public would not spend a couple % more. Is the almighty dollar or even pennies that important!!!

Offline CHRIS1300

• Rider
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2003, 06:04:00 PM »
Ya! Just like those ratty-ass fuckin' Walmart. They get none of my money! I don't care if I will save $3.00-$5.00 on my purchase! Rats!  

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2003, 06:09:00 PM »
Hey there guys, first off, it is highly agaisnt policy to sell an unset-up machine! As a matter of fact, it will loose your Suzuki sign out front if you get caught!!
 As far as good deals go, I have sold ALL of my Busa's with one exception, for $10,000! NO SET UP FEES, NO FRIEGHT, NO OTHER BULLSHIT WHATSOEVER!
 Now, with that said, I have one left, in silver for $9700.00! First come first serve!
 YES it is set up!
 I get a kick out of the dealers out there that advertise shit so low, then add the fees on when the people get there, what dumbasses!
 Why the fuck can't they just be straight up???
 And I don't feel sorry for the people that get screwed by these guys either, if your dumb enough not to walk out when someone suggests a set-up fee, thats your own damn fault!
 Can you imagine goin to the grocery store to buy milk, and goin to check out and having to pay corn fees, milking fees, shipping fees etc...????
 Should be the same with motorcycles, only get rich quick dealers do dumb shit like that!

Follow the crowd and go no where.

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2003, 06:16:00 PM »
Badazzbusa whatever, you are so full of shit! $9200 out the door, yeah you bet with a 4 year warranty too yet, why lie about shit???
 I suppose the dealer blew you in the back room too???
 Let me just say you dipshit, the cost of the bike added to the cost of the warranty equals more then $9200.00!
 So this fantastic dealer that you dream about, must have won the lottery, and decided to give away Busas to everyone!
 What a lyin sack of shit!  

Offline King bu

• Rider
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2003, 06:44:00 PM »
The dealers do this because it brings in the low life bottom feeders,so it is just as much the customers fault as the dealers. JUST REMEMBER IT NOT THE DEAL YOU GOT!! ITS THE DEAL YOU THINK YOU GOT!!!

Offline hayez

• Post Master
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2003, 07:22:00 PM »
king bu how ignorant are you?you would rather pay more for something instead of get it cheap?low prices bring in the low life bottom feeders huh?you stupid son of a bitch..  

Offline Steve A

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2003, 07:44:00 PM »
I suppose you carry your own jar of Vaseline to the car dealers also.

Offline hayez

• Post Master
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2003, 08:31:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Steve A:
I suppose you carry your own jar of Vaseline to the car dealers also.

how ya doing steve?  

Offline Papaya9

• Rider
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2003, 08:37:00 PM »
Wow. Does someone smell an elitist here?

Offline King bu

• Rider
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2003, 10:06:00 PM »
Hey jackass the prices aren't any lower they just look that way. When the customer drives in because they think they are getting the deal of the century then the truth comes out.

Hazeus what do you do for a living?

Offline DJ

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2003, 05:50:00 AM »
king bu let me tell you about my local dealer, and his narrow profit margins.

I took my 99 zx9 with 4500 miles to my local suzuki dealer. My bike is absolutely flawless. No scratches, meticulously polished and waxed every year. It looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor. I asked him what he would give me for it. He said he could probably give me $3000. 20 feet away in his showroom, he had a green 98, with a salvage title, scratched plastic, and 8000 miles, he had $8500 on the price. My bike was newer, clean title, less miles, and the much better color. If he was asking 8500 for the green, you know he would ask AT LEAST that much, if not $1000 more. He was looking to make anywhere from $5500 to $6500 PROFIT off of my bike. I declined. I told him I would sell it out right. I said ok, I want that black and blue Busa. What kind of a deal can you get me? He said no deal. I can't keep these on the showroom floor (he had 4 at the time iirc). I said what do you mean no deal? Your not asking me to pay full sticker price? He said he was. He has light bill to pay. Thinking I'm not buying but I wanted to see where this was going, i told him ok if your not coming down on sticker, how about throwing in a pipe and power commander? he said he could maybe give me 10% off a helmet. I laughed and walked out.

And your trying to tell me these guys are operating on a razor thin profit margin? He opened up a second store down the street from his first. He is raking in the money because the next dealer is quite a ways out of town and all the suckers around here would rather pay full price. I was considering getting a busa at ccc next year, but after this thread, i guess ill hold onto the 9 a little longer.
Do you have a kiss for Daddy?

Offline King bu

• Rider
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2003, 08:36:00 AM »
I am not saying you should be screwed by any one,but I do think that a company should be allowed a fair profit margin. If a bike invoices for 9200.00 I don't think it is unfair to expect a 10% return on there money for a profit margin.I do not sell motorcycles so I have no stake in this discussion.

If you go down south or out west the auto dealers put adendem stickers,which is a couple of thousand dollars over MSRP on all their cars and trucks, but if you come north everybody wants to pay invoice for the new car and get retail for the trade-in. There should be a in between number that is the same no matter where you live.

Do know how much profit is in a gallon of milk,t-shirt,large fries at Burger King,gasoline,camera,or what YOUR company charges for your time. I bet if you make $20.00 an hour your company is charging at least$60.00 per hour for your time.
  So why is it unfair for a dealership to charge $10,000.00 for a bike that they bought for $9200.00.

Offline hayez

• Post Master
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2003, 08:53:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by King bu:
Hey jackass the prices aren't any lower they just look that way. When the customer drives in because they think they are getting the deal of the century then the truth comes out.

Hazeus what do you do for a living?

they do have better prices,im getting a xr50 from them 2003 for 995.00 out the door..thats with all prep title fee etc..going rate down here after prep fees etc.. is 1500..seems like there doing something right...and what does my job have to do with anything?

Offline BadazzBusa75

• Rider
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2003, 08:56:00 AM »
hey falcon i guess since you did not pay for my busa nor where you there to watch me write the check you should just shut your mouth.. i posted what i paid.. and yes that includes a 4yr suzuki warranty.. i posted it because i too have been racked over the coals by dealing with con artist dealers and sales people.. it was an invite for anyone in the area or if you wanted to travel over or give em a call.. up yours with your attitude.. maybe it has something to do with the fact that the 2000 TLR and the 2001 quad runner are all parked next to my busa in the garage.. yes all bought from the same dealer.. i have brough them alot of customers and they give everyone a fair deal..  
02 Black-n-Blue
BDE-3
PC3r
BMC Race
Reaper's Risers
Small box
CUSTOM scratches..

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2003, 10:37:00 AM »
baddazz, I would like to know how the dealer can sell you a Busa for $9200.00 with a four year warranty, when the cost of the bike and the cost of the warranty, added together is more then $9200.00??
 The reason I give you shit about it, is because I have heard that story quite a few times.
 I have had guys tell me shit like that, then after seein their purchase agreement, it tells a completly different story!
 I had one guy try to tell me that he paid X amount for a SV650 once, he ranted and raved about how good of a deal he got, so I told him to bring in his purchase agreement so I could see it.
 To my amazement, he was charged $200 for license fees, and $300 in set-up and even a freight charge, and they even nailed him for a document write-up fee!!
 Prior to that he insisted that he had paid way less, so the moral of this story is the dealers need to make money, and they are gonna make it somehow or another, or else they go out of business!
 If you think you got a good deal thats all that matters!!
 I just do things differently, I like to be straight up with prices, I don't like fees!

suzuki4life

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2003, 11:30:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Falcon-A:
baddazz, I would like to know how the dealer can sell you a Busa for $9200.00 with a four year warranty, when the cost of the bike and the cost of the warranty, added together is more then $9200.00??
 The reason I give you shit about it, is because I have heard that story quite a few times.
 I have had guys tell me shit like that, then after seein their purchase agreement, it tells a completly different story!
 I had one guy try to tell me that he paid X amount for a SV650 once, he ranted and raved about how good of a deal he got, so I told him to bring in his purchase agreement so I could see it.
 To my amazement, he was charged $200 for license fees, and $300 in set-up and even a freight charge, and they even nailed him for a document write-up fee!!
 Prior to that he insisted that he had paid way less, so the moral of this story is the dealers need to make money, and they are gonna make it somehow or another, or else they go out of business!
 If you think you got a good deal thats all that matters!!
 I just do things differently, I like to be straight up with prices, I don't like fees!

Man this isn't impossible. I actually bought my bike in '01 for less than that. No bottom feeder crap either. I responded to a local ad which was selling Busa's on the road for $9799 guaranteed. I showed up and checked it out and it seemed weird since my friends paid $10K for theirs. I was very reluctant because I thought I was gonna get screwed somehow. Salesman said $9699 "out the door on the road, its the best I can do, I'm not makin' a dime. I got 4 stock and I only had 5 from the beginning of the season." I said sold and have the bike to this day. Yep it even had/has the extended warranty which I tried to get them to remove in exchange for a lower price but they wouldn't.

Sad to say they got screwed even worse if my understanding is right. I put the bike on my credit card (6 months no pay option), so if I understand it right they paid the credit card company up to 3% to make the sale. If you look for deals they are out there.

Oh yeah the dealer I bought from was in Lewistown, Pa. Like Lewistown ATV or something like that. Worth checking out I bet. I found their ad in the auto locator.

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2003, 11:46:00 PM »
Now Suzuki4life, thats a more realistic #! That is what a Busa costs with an extended warranty, almost to the dime!
 I am trying to say, that $9200.00 including  warranty, is under cost!
 I get a kick out of guys making shit up, or not reading the bottom line!
 I believe YOU paid what you paid, that is more realistic then $9200.!

Offline Mileageking

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2003, 03:48:00 PM »
I paid $7249 for my 2002. Out the door one year warranty. See I traded a y2k 1200 bandit with 47,600 miles on it and they gave me $3500 for the trade. actual sale price? $10,749 actual value of Bandit? worthless. Its still sitting there on the dealer floor. They cant give it away.
Super happy friends making happy fun time

Offline crazybill

• Mad Post Whore
    • www.PortTechHeads.com
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2003, 04:38:00 PM »
thats pretty good for your trade . my buddy just sold his 00 1200 bandit for the same price and it only had 6k miles
“Nobody can be so amusingly arrogant as a builder who has just discovered an old idea and thinks it is his own.”