Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: JUST THOUGHT I'D REPOST NEW BIKE BREAK IN ARTICLE  (Read 2616 times)

Offline Ozy69

• Rider
JUST THOUGHT I'D REPOST NEW BIKE BREAK IN ARTICLE
« on: July 11, 2003, 08:48:00 AM »
I think this is a much better way to break it in.    

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm
I got tired of tiptoeing my way through life just to reach death safely. So I bought a Busa!!!

Offline WILLIAM BUSA

• Rider
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2003, 09:23:00 AM »
When I purchased my bike, it had 79 miles on it.  It was a good 96 mile ride home from the dealer to my house.  I rode it hard a couple of times of course, to see what it could do.    
Finding this board, I discovered that I should not have done that!      I have been waiting on something to be wrong with my busa because of this.  Now, 7000 miles later, I read this article, and I can say "WHEW!!!".      Boy oh boy oh boy!  

Offline Steve A

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2003, 12:36:00 PM »
I'd think that after 7K miles your worries would have been alleviated somewhat!!!      

Offline Matt Pfeifer

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2003, 08:24:00 PM »
I don't agree with this article.  It's his opinion - what credentials does this guy have that makes him know-it-all?  

And the BS about if your machine comes with synthetic, drain it out and put in petroleum for break in??  Ok all you Vette, Viper, Mercedes and BMW owners, you heard him.

Give me a F'n break - this guy's reminds me of a snake oil salesman.

Sorry, I don't believe everything I read on the web.

I work for a car manufacturer.  Not saying I'm the expert, but I know a little about what goes into engineering an engine.