Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 600 swingarm  (Read 28465 times)

Offline SikBusa

• Restricted
  • Rider
Re: 600 swingarm
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2007, 08:17:17 AM »
Is the 600 swing arm shorter than a busa, nice if it is, great for wheelies.

this is exactly why ur not supposed to wheelie a busa

Offline SikBusa

• Restricted
  • Rider
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2007, 08:19:08 AM »
besides if u wanna do wheelies and all that buy like a 99 SRAD 600 or something not a busa

Offline busastars

• Rider
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2007, 05:08:11 PM »
besides if u wanna do wheelies and all that buy like a 99 SRAD 600 or something not a busa

Why would I want a 600 srad, its a baby/starter/newbie bike, ive had a bandit, 750 srad, GSXR 1000 k2, TLr, R1, SP1, ZX12r just to name a few bikes and have been riding for about 15 year's and concider myself to have rode most bike's with alot of expereance, I took out a CBR 600 recently and thought it was boring slow underpowered, if I could I would buy a GSXR 1000 ks, the busa is a great allround bike including carrying pillions. I just want to make the bike more suited to me. I may even keep the standad gearing.

In the FAQ there is a write up on shortining the busa to make it more for the twisties, but also to this would be nice to do this by changeing the swingarm since it fits, the are obviously a few out there that have done this, I am not into extended bike's for drag racing.

I want the handling to be as good as or a little better than standard without spending £££, just a few bolt on part's and mod's.

As for busa's and wheelie it's realy a pic on why your not supposed to wheelie period, just look at the Ghost Rider & his 499 BHP Turbo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpQP4v_Z0nQ

It's all about fun for me.

Offline busastars

• Rider
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2007, 08:17:35 AM »
Read through loads of posts about 600 arms and also handleing.

I dont want to raise the hight, I am short. I find the standard hight just about ok, maybe a little high but manageable.

I dont want to extend, i'm not into drag racing.

I use it for fun and is a great all round bike, want to mod it just to suit me more.

I have a 600 arm with me would like to fit it without upsetting the handleing, ie: standard seat hight. What needs to be done please?

Offline Canadian Mike

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2007, 06:01:59 PM »

I dont want to raise the hight, I am short. I find the standard hight just about ok, maybe a little high but manageable.

I use it for fun and is a great all round bike, want to mod it just to suit me more.

I have a 600 arm with me would like to fit it without upsetting the handleing, ie: standard seat hight. What needs to be done please?

SECOND TIME THIS HAS BEEN POSTED NOW....

600 arms will NOT NOT NOT run stock height,let alone 1 " higher...

Offline busastars

• Rider
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2007, 06:26:39 PM »

SECOND TIME THIS HAS BEEN POSTED NOW....

600 arms will NOT NOT NOT run stock height,let alone 1 " higher...

I have not mentiond 1" higher, and other's on hear have suggested it will run stock hight, that is why I am asking, second time because it stray's of subject and wanted a definate answer or advice.

THANKYOU.

Offline Canadian Mike

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2007, 06:33:57 PM »
here is a definite answer then..

a 01-03 gsxr 600 swingarm,unmodified,will not run at stock height on a busa..

it will run,with threaded lowering links,and a 600 pivot,close to 1.75 lower...that is the HIGHEST you will be able to run it...

with 3 hole links,you can only use 3rd hole(lowest setting),as 1st hole will hit,as will second(VERY SLIGHTLY),hence using threaded links you can fine tune it closer then 3 hole links..

using the 600 pivot is a MUST,as if you use the busa one,the bike will be unrideably low..

hope this clears things up..mike

Offline busastars

• Rider
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2007, 06:36:39 PM »
Thanks, that does clear up a few thing's as it has been suggested it will run stock. This is the whole reason I was thinking of going down this route.

Offline Blackcloud

• Post Whore
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2007, 09:26:21 PM »

it will run,with threaded lowering links,and a 600 pivot,close to 1.75 lower...that is the HIGHEST you will be able to run it...

with 3 hole links,you can only use 3rd hole(lowest setting),as 1st hole will hit,as will second(VERY SLIGHTLY),hence using threaded links you can fine tune it closer then 3 hole links..

using the 600 pivot is a MUST,as if you use the busa one,the bike will be unrideably low..

Many times guys telling you things on the net know less than you do. Not the case with Canadian Mike, If he says this is the limit then its the limit. a few here know as much about 600 arms as Mike... none know more.

Offline Kamikazek9

• Rider
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2009, 01:12:14 AM »
can a 600 SRAD swingarm fit on a Busa?
SPEED---- Gotta Have IT !!!!

Offline MITCH1914

• Post Whore
  • G.O.M.A.B.
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2011, 08:49:00 AM »
good thread
G.O.M.A.B.

Offline camaroguy72

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2011, 07:00:08 AM »

Many times guys telling you things on the net know less than you do. Not the case with Canadian Mike, If he says this is the limit then its the limit. a few here know as much about 600 arms as Mike... none know more.

I modified my swingarm to be able to run at proper height.  Took some grinding/cutting/welding but it worked.

Offline Canadian Mike

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2011, 07:25:06 AM »
can a 600 SRAD swingarm fit on a Busa?

yes