Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: How do i get rid of my Canadian mileage/trip odometer?  (Read 5477 times)

Offline Fast Frank

• Post Whore
How do i get rid of my Canadian mileage/trip odometer?
« on: November 12, 2002, 12:37:00 PM »
The kilo odometer and trip odometer/ miles per litre are all bugging me, maybe i shouldn't have bought a canadian bike then?

Anyway, how do i change it? Whole new gauge cluster?
01' Black/Silver,lots of mods
204+ @ Maxton

Offline gurrera

• Rider
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2002, 12:46:00 PM »
I don't know it that is in the gages or the computer.
Sam

Offline TaoBusa

• Post Master
    • Yorihey.com
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2002, 12:50:00 PM »
Get a new speedo cluster. Unfortunately, these aren't like the GSXRs where you hold a button for three seconds and, presto, from kilometers back to miles.

Offline Maruchan

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2002, 02:27:00 PM »
you'll need a new gauge cluster unless you can figure out how to 'change' the one you've got.  i heard once that someone in europe had figured out how to do this & was offering to render the service for a fee, but never heard more about who it was.  anyway, if you looked at the printed circuit boards inside a set of kph & mph clusters side by side, you'd prolly see a lone, changed resistor value somewhere that 'tells' the firmware [on startup] whether to operate in kph or mph.  either that, or the unit recognizes a [one time] moderately complex button press initialization sequence that allows for factory/authorized shop setting or changing between the modes.

since nobody really knows for sure.  the easiest way is to just buy a new one here or off ebay.  i've seen them around for about $250 USD.

Offline TaoBusa

• Post Master
    • Yorihey.com
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2002, 06:58:00 PM »
You'd have to change the LCD display, and unless you happen to know a good source for those, that means getting another cluster and gutting it... hence, why bother?

Why not nag your congressman to get the US out of the dark ages? I'm sick of converting teaspoons to ounces to milliliters, ounces to pounds to slugs to kilograms, inches to centimeters, miles per hour to meters per second, British Pound Sterling to Euro to Sol to US Dollar.... wait a tick.....  

Offline Fast Frank

• Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2002, 08:14:00 AM »
So i need a new gauge cluster-a 99 or 00 would be the best? So i can get a 220 speedo etc...

Anybody have one?
01' Black/Silver,lots of mods
204+ @ Maxton