Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: New to Bonneville - Info Needed  (Read 2405 times)

Offline zuk1

• Rider
  • Needing a Bigger Garage
    • my webpage thing
New to Bonneville - Info Needed
« on: March 22, 2006, 09:41:08 PM »
Well, I took a look at several options for the Busa - 1/4 mile, track days, street riding, etc...and have decided that a friend and I would like to possibly try out the World of Speed ,2006 September 13-16,Bonneville.

Besides the Usfra home page, can anyone point me in a good direction to get further info? What is the Registration deadline, and fee? What should my friend, and I expect the first time out there?

Im pretty serious about this so I dont need any b.s. about this or that - just want solid facts - Thanks in advance.

John

Offline JorNic Motorsports

• Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
Re: New to Bonneville - Info Needed
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 10:47:30 PM »
read through www.landracing.com. best landspeed site on the net. tons of info. read through the bulletin board and feel free to ask questions. very supportive folks over there.

Offline jasontmc

• Post Whore
    • We all know one.
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 01:07:21 AM »
check out the bub event in sept at bville as well . you can ride your bike to the start and back from a run. very casual and lots of runs if you want plus some cash prizes as well.
Sponsored by: CATALYST COMPOSITES, RCC Turbos,
Scott Guthrie Racing, Helmet House, NJK Leathers, Atomic Speedware, Innovate, Bridgestone, Dumonde tech oils, Spider grips, Boost by Smith, Worldwide Bearings.

Offline firemanjim

• Post Whore
    • Black Art Racing
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 06:36:17 PM »
Valium,there is no deadline for entry.You can pay and sign up right there. But you do get an early sign up discount.Look here for USFRA info.
http://www.saltflats.com/
If you are just interested in trying it out check out the USFRA's 130 and 150 MPH club entry stuff. The 130 club requirements are minimal,150 club is just like prepping a bike for record attempt,and it costs about the same as record run. Get a rule book and read it carefully,then go over your bike several times to make sure you have missed nothing. Metal valve stems,steering damper, a tether kill switch,full length metal chain guard, ALL leather leathers--no cloth/fabric allowed with very minimal perforations allowed.This makes alot of newer nice leathers not meet specs at Bonneville.And you need a chase vehicle as any bike going for a record cannot return to pits under its own power--though I saw one bike with all the street gear still on that did it one year.
WOS is always fun,give it a try.
Official Site Tuner

Home of one of the fastest 750cc bikes in the world
239MPH faired, 217MPH naked!
Bonneville 200 Club
El Mirage 200 Club
Mojave Mile 200 Club
Mojave Magnum 200 Club
NEDRA 100 MPH Club
Gairdner 200MPH Achiever 2013
2014 1st place Mojave Mile N/A bike
2015 top speed trophy at WOS
Colorado mile 200 MPH club
2017 DLRA 200 MPH club
2018 Shift Sector 200 MPH Club

Offline frisbee

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 12:54:05 AM »
I got last years rule book I don't think the new ones out yet . I believe it's $60 to join the BNI and that gives you the right to run during speed week in Aug. . Depending on how fast you want to go , you might have to do some safty changes.