Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: this is killing me  (Read 6907 times)

Offline busa-operator

• Rider
this is killing me
« on: March 25, 2006, 01:33:57 AM »

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK SO FAR. I HAVE A COUPLE OF THINGS I AM WAITING ON. IT TOOK ME AROUND 60 HOURS TOTAL POLISHING THE FRAME. SWINGARM AND EVERYTHING ELSE IS CHROME. I HAVE MIRRORS, L.E.D. KIT, BAR ENDS, AND SOME MORE STUFF ON THE WAY. ITS A 10 INCH OVER CHROME SWINGARM. I BOUGHT THIS BIKE LAST SUMMER ALL STOCK! I NEEDED A STOCKER AND JUST DO EVERYTHING MYSELF. I AM A LITTLE BIT OF A WRENCHER. THE BIKE ALWAYS LOOKS BETTER IF YOU DO ALL THE WRENCH WORK YOURSELF. I HAVE THE ORIGINAL SWINGARM AND EXHAUST ON EBAY IF YOU WANNA KNOW WHERE THAT WENT ALSO. BUT I AM A PROUD MOFO JUST GETTING ALL THIS DONE SO FAR. ANY COMPLIMENTS ARE WELCOME. SINCE I AM A NEWBIE TO THE SITE.

Offline Brains

• Mad Post Whore
Re: this is killing me
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 01:54:35 AM »
Trust me...I know it takes time to do things right, but it's always better looking at it when it's done and to know that you built it.   Your bikes looking good.....I've always liked that paint scheme.   :beechug:

Offline busa-operator

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 11:36:57 AM »
thanks bro, its actually kinda fun wrenching in the garage sometimes anyways. getting pricey though. thanks for the compliments though

Offline busa-operator

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 08:43:40 PM »
JUST GOT THE MIRRORS ON TOO. THESE FRONT TURN SIGNALS ARE NICE LOOKING AND UP IN PERSON THEY REALLY SET THE BIKE OFF. YOU JUST CANT SEE SHIT OUT OF THEM. BUT I GUESS THEY ARENT MEANT TO BE ON FOR A PURPOSE EXCEPT FOR LOOKING FOR KAWI'S  :D :D

Offline busa-operator

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 08:47:18 PM »
HERE ARE THE FRAME PLUGS. DONT JOKE ON THE POLISH JOB ITS NOT CLEAN DUE TO MY BEATERS BEING GREASY AND ALL OVER THE PLACE. AND WOW THE SCRATCHES REALLY ARENT THAT BAD TILL THE CAMERA BROUGHT THEM OUT

Offline busa-operator

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 08:50:49 PM »
I COULDNT GET THE REGULAR BLACK PLASTIC FITTINGS BACK INTO THE HOLE SO I PUT THIS CLEAN LITTLE ALEN HEAD SCREW IN INSTEAD WITH A NUT ON THE BACK INSTEAD. REALLY LOOKS CLEAN THOUGH

Offline Bowman

• Post Master
    • http://members.cardomain.com/95eclipsetuner
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2006, 07:14:07 PM »
nice

Offline bobby5150

• Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006, 07:23:29 PM »
who did the swingarm?

looks real good man...

"A man doesn't automatically get my respect. He has to get down in the dirt and beg for it."

Offline ZEUS

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2006, 03:47:34 PM »
Nothing like the personal touch :!:

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2006, 04:57:43 PM »
I feel you on the polish job, I started my bike and probably have over 30 hours in it and that's just the swingarm and one side of the frame.  I don't know why, but in person it looks like a mirror, but when I photo it it shows scratches.  Its the dirtiest thing you can do to a bike, I'll get greasy all day before I do that again.