Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: CHEAP UNDERTAIL CAME OUT OK FOR 80 BUCKS?  (Read 2646 times)

Offline busa-operator

• Rider
CHEAP UNDERTAIL CAME OUT OK FOR 80 BUCKS?
« on: March 25, 2006, 09:39:42 PM »
OK I BOUGHT THIS UNDERTAIL OFF OF EBAY...I ONLY PAID LIKE 80 BUCKS PLUS SHIPPING. I THOUGHT WHAT THE HELL YA KNOW? I AM BORED, WHEELS ARENT BACK YET SO LETS GIVE THIS ONE A TRY. I BOUGHT THE SILVER ONE. ITS ACTUALLY A NICE UNDERTAIL BUT I AM MOSTLY SURPRISED IT WORKED. IF YOU ARE TOO CHEAP TO PAY 250-300 DOLLARS TRY THIS ONE. NOW BEFORE YOU GET IT JUST REALIZE THAT YOU HAVE TO WORK WITH IT FOR IT TO WORK. I COULDNT USE MY LITTLE PLASTIC CLIPS IN THE HOLES CLOSEST TO THE PASSENGER PEGS. I JUST USED A CHROME BOLT INSTEAD. STILL LOOKS CLEAN. I PUT THE PLASTIC CLIPS THAT WERE CLOSEST TO THE LIGHT IN FIRST. THEN I PUT THE TWO CLOSEST TO THE PASSENGER PEGS NEXT. THE TWO MIDDLE HOLES WERE ABOUT AN INCH AWAY WITH THESE IN ONLY. SO I HAD MY BUDDY PUSH A SCREWDRIVER DOWN FROM THE STORAGE COMPARTMENT TO PUSH THE UNDERTAIL DOWN FAR ENOUGH TO GET A PLASTIC CLIP IN. THE WIRING TOOK ME 10-15 MINUTES. I DID HAVE TO CUT A LITTLE  BUT I THINK THE OVERALL LOOK FOR THE PRICE THAT I PAID IS DECENT. ONE COMPLAINT IS THAT THE ACTUAL BRAKE LIGHT AND RUNNING LIGHT, THERE ISNT THAT MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE WHEN YOU PUSH ON THE BRAKE. BUT IT IS BRIGHT EITHER WAY AND THEY BLINK AMBER WHEN THE TURN SIGNAL IS ON. JUST THOUGHT I WOULD POST THIS AND SOME PICS JUST IN CASE ANYONE OUT THERE WANTED TO HEAR A REVIEW OF THESE AND THOUGHT ABOUT THE BUY IT NOW BUTTON BUT DIDNT.

THIS IS THE LITTLE SCREW I HAD TO USE INSTEAD OF THE PLASTIC THINGY

PRETTY CLEAN AND I LIKE THE SILVER UNDERTAIL WITH THE GREY FAIRING. IT FOLLOWS THE LINES ON THE BIKE WELL.

AND THEY ARE JUST CLEAR AND WHITE WHEN NOT USED.

I THINK IT LOOKS CLEAN.....VERY CLEAN FOR JUST 80 BUCKS. NICE BUDGET UNDERTAIL IF YOU ASK ME. OVERALL TIME TO DO IT WAS ABOUT TWO HOURS WITH CUTTING AND WIRING AND BOLTING UP.

Offline THEPANTHER

• Rider
  • "Hayabusa" There is no subtitute
Re: CHEAP UNDERTAIL CAME OUT OK FOR 80 BUCKS?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 10:06:50 PM »
Looks good & you saved some $$$ tooo... Now where the hell are those wheels? :moped:
K. Sterling King

Offline busa-operator

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 10:08:54 PM »
yeah the chromer is a little slow gettin those. i am dyin here. all i can do is sit there and look at my bike right now.

Offline Titan1969

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 06:49:25 AM »
Whats the name of it? Im interested. :!:

Offline busa-operator

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 08:57:40 AM »
i think its so cheap it doesnt actually have a name. its on ebay and sold in "231973bikes". look in thier store and search under hayabusa undertail. i think the name of the actual company is pit-eck speed parts.

get some butt connectors and some electrical tape to clean it up and the connectors once your finished. shop in his store for a cheaper one cuz some of them are 125 and then some are like 80 or 90 or bid now or whatever. i think shipping was only 10. saved me some coin though.

Offline ny05busa

• Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 11:34:33 AM »
Pretty nice for the price. it sucks waiting for chrome, My brand new carrezzios have been at the chromer for a month and a half. I cant even look at my bike either cuz its been at the motor shop for a month too. I hope they hurry up cuz theres alot to do to it when it gets home and its almost riding season.
Bought 04/21/05 silver n blue busa. TI force, 16/42 , chrome lowereing clamp, lowering links, speedoheeler, double bubble, bar ends, fairing screens, tobin seats with pad, GANN arm, chrome carrezzios, carpenter 1397,vortec rearsets, mps nos, air shifter

Offline busa-operator

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2006, 02:31:53 PM »
mounting sideways on the back of the swingarm. got a chrome mount from spyderracing.com.