Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Speed Shifting - Bad for Bike?  (Read 25190 times)

Offline newbusaguy

• Rider
  • Another day at work!!!
Re: Speed Shifting - Bad for Bike?
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2008, 09:09:32 PM »

if you do it right, you'll never hurt it. 

Same goes with using the clutch..

You can round the dogs on second with one screwed up shift.   from there it's all down hill.

You can screw it up using the clutch too..    It's all in knowing how to shift the bike - clutch or no clutch
Your 100% right on all counts sounds like you may have done it before?       LOL
+1 :D
Shoot straight, never hesitate!
2002 Grey and Silver Busa

Offline busabuser

• Rider
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2008, 03:13:14 AM »
I found ever since I started clutchless shifting, my shifter arm is fairly noisy once in a while, and my clutch has increasingly grown slippery. Of course this is on an older bike, but I'd think that occaisionally it wouldn't be too harmful. The face that a guy I ride with dropped a tranny in his bike due to clutchless shifting has made me weary about it.

Offline Mechanax

• Restricted
  • Rider
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2008, 06:55:30 AM »
At high speed,if you miss.You will be in big shit.It will burn and fry your clutch plates period.Defintely not worth.Get a quickshifter and etc for alternatives.

Offline Patterson

• Rider
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2008, 01:54:24 AM »
i have done it on all my bikes, i also race the piss out of them. i only have 5 passes on the cut tranny so i guess if it goes out i'll post back in here and tell  :thumb:

Offline Patterson

• Rider
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2008, 01:55:29 AM »
BTW i got this one with the trans already messed up  8)

Offline Quikshifter

• Rider
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2008, 07:11:44 AM »
Hey guyz,

Reading thru the posts, couldn't help but contribute ! I've had trouble on the back wheel with the busa going from 1-2 doesn't seem to wanna click in, I'm backin'n off the gas to get the load off but the gearbox doesn't wanna play. Talked to my bro bout it , he doesn't seem to have that prob with his 99', although he told me he use's the cluth to change on the back wheel ... hmmm ! very strange >> so I'm looking at a sutter slipper cluth or the new (well, I think its new) power commander << quickshifter >> What's better , what do you guys think ?     
Dont ask to ride my bike and I wont ask to ride your wife !!!