Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: K5 gearing (street/drag)  (Read 2495 times)

Offline samurajen

• New User!
  • Where am I?
K5 gearing (street/drag)
« on: April 03, 2006, 05:51:25 AM »
Hi !
Some Swedish questions !
I have a Suzuki GSXR1000-05 that i just bought used but not yet broken in and wondering about what gearing thats best for me, i do 65% street and 35% drag.

First i was thinking of going -1 front,but i want to go as far as i can back with the wheel in the swingarm and with stock chain.
Can i use 15/40 and do that or what sprocketcombo to do that and still be able to adjust chain a little ????
17/42=2.47
16/42=2.63
15/40=2.67

15/40and 16/42 is almost the same and what i read is that most people go -1 in front.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
clutch question:
If you mount the "Brock ultra clutch mod" do you still need to do the "free play adjustment" like before with stock clutch ?????

It seems so when i read it on Brocks site but I really don`t understand  because my English isn`t the best.

thanks
C.Lang

Offline bottle fed 05 1k

• Rider
  • Where am I?
Re: K5 gearing (street/drag)
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 01:14:05 AM »
from experience i would stick with the 17t front. going down and it gets the chain into the buffer which in return will rob hp. id put a new chain on it if u want to get it back as far as u need it. also at 2 different prostar races ive seen two bikes slow down with the clutch mod. pull it back out and the 60' would pick right back up.  alot of the gearing depends on alot of different variable....ur weight, bike hp. if its lacking on hp or ur heavy put a lil more gear in it. hope this helps ya