Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: How much nitrous can you spray..........  (Read 3107 times)

Offline 13

• Post Whore
  • crazy
How much nitrous can you spray..........
« on: April 04, 2006, 10:45:19 PM »
I have a really dumb question, how much nitrous can you spray on a 1072 motor with retarding the timing. I have always been told 60, but  havea friend that s telling me he is spraying  up tp 80 on his progressor, and his is only a stock 1000.
Am i thinkin wrong or is he mistaken or about to kill his motor....help please
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 10:09:36 PM by Kingpin »
Self Appointed Smart Ass

Offline 13

• Post Whore
  • crazy
Re: How much nitrous
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 08:28:19 PM »
Now thats alotta help................
Self Appointed Smart Ass

Offline 13

• Post Whore
  • crazy
Re: How much nitrous can you spray..........
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 07:43:50 PM »
Ok i found out that i can spray up to 80 but anything abfter that i need to remove about 4 degrees timing
Self Appointed Smart Ass

Offline BLUR AKA SIDEWAYS AKA KING OF SOUTH FLORIDA

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 08:30:53 PM »
 :shock:

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
  • 300mph or bust in 1 mile
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 08:38:31 PM »
First off, that is an excellent question you ask.  How much CAN you spray.  By sheer volume without blower compression, a 1074 isn't going to accept too very much anyways by way of Nitrous and Fuel injection.  I'm assuming you're running C-16 Fuel and have a Schnitz EFI installed? Tell me some more of your Nitrous intentions, Drag? LSR? Street?

Guy
Official Site Supporter
Guy Caputo - Tiger Racing - 300mph or bust in the 1 mile

Offline Rocket Rider

• Post Master
  • Valdosta, Ga track Day Sept. 22, 2007
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 08:57:27 PM »
Its all in the tuning...... :wink:

Use small words when talking "smack" to me ...you'll be eating them later!

Offline LongR1

• Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 09:25:23 PM »
and are we talking a wet kit or dry kit here?

with some timing taken out and good progressive wet kit i would think 80 would be no problem, but it might not last either.
04 Yamaha R1 60 in progressive nitrous
Rider 2000 SBS Velocity Racing Turbo

Offline 13

• Post Whore
  • crazy
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006, 10:27:50 PM »
I am running MR8 and schnitz doesn't make a retarder for the 03-04 gsxr1000, so i am using the dynojet ign. mod.It is a wet kit with the schnitz PNC101 controller. The Spray is strictly for drag, and as for a 1072 taking to nitrous and lasting long.  I've raced and known a guy that has been spraying is 1072 for at least a year. I know is has been running up to 60 to 80 hp on high side with the progressor, heard rumors of him go to 100 to 125, not comfirmed. The shop that has built my motor and help me set it up to me for the compression and the nitrous i needed to use MR8 or MXR01 either would work just fine.

Also have  a friend that is spray his stock 1000 for at least the past 6 month with eh same set up progressing to 80 with out removing anything, but he is using VP nitro as his fuel.

The reason i asked the original question was just to get some feed back, on what you all have heard was the limit on spraying, cause you hear different things from different people, was seeing if i could get a standard answer.

Cooper performance does alot of 1072 motors with spray for drag and street racing.
Self Appointed Smart Ass

Offline Rocket Rider

• Post Master
  • Valdosta, Ga track Day Sept. 22, 2007
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2006, 07:00:17 AM »
Spray it until it goes BOOM, and then you'll know that was too much..... :lol: Like I stated before, I think the tuning plays a major part in the amount of spray you can use. Good Luck! 8)

Use small words when talking "smack" to me ...you'll be eating them later!

Offline 13

• Post Whore
  • crazy
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2006, 08:05:42 AM »
Very true about the TUNING. Thats the reason i was told to run those fuels........
Self Appointed Smart Ass

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2006, 02:10:01 PM »
I guess when I said a 1072 wouldn't take too much, it was a relative term.  Too much can be any amount really that isn't a balanced harmony of Fuel, juice and timing.  Running a 125hp shot?  What is a 125hp shot anyways? Do you know? Did you have your bike dynoed with a 60 shot to actually prove you had 60hp? Folks that go by the old jet charts to quantify hp amounts are disillusioned when they get their bike on a credible dyno.  60hp is never 60.  80 is never 80 and 125 is a big fib. 
When I say that a 26/28 combination with a 1397 motor at 13.2:1 compression using C-16 at 4.5lbs pressure and nitrous pressure of 975lb using a Pressure Pro regulator II at 625ft corrected altitude is 117Hp, I can say that with certainty because of the over 200 nitrous pulls used to properly tune that jetting.

So back to your original question, How much nitrous CAN you inject into your motor? 
I'm still working on that equation, and I always seem to find room for more.  When you get above a true 100HP, you better have a handle on your tune-up.

Guy 

Official Site Supporter

Offline 13

• Post Whore
  • crazy
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2006, 11:32:12 PM »
Yes i know this, but according to NX all there HP ratings are for the rear tire, but you know how that is......

Heres a better question. How do you know if your progressor is working and spraying the right amount that you are setting it for, with out beeing on the dyno.

Went and sprayed the bike tonight, started with a 20 to 60 progressive shot witha a 2.5 build time. either it wouldn't shift or either it was spinning so badly that it would let it shift.
Then to make sure it was working  i turned it down to 20-30 progressive with a 3.5 delay, jockey said that it almost flung him off when it all came in.
He said it felt harder than the 40 dry shot, i told him that wet does hit harder, etc, etc ,etc.
he thinks it spraying more thatn we set it for but i ton't think so.
Self Appointed Smart Ass

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2006, 09:06:57 AM »
You can't without a dyno to tell you whats going on accurately.  I have heard stories of people on this board who say they have a calibrated butt and can feel it when they ride.  Their butt is better than mine, I need a dyno.

Guy
Official Site Supporter

Offline 13

• Post Whore
  • crazy
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2006, 03:44:38 PM »
I know my ass and my jockeys ass isn't dyno registered. So i guess i'll have to wait and see how things will go, i also bought a adjustable fuel regulator, to turn the fuel pressure down a little, it kinda sounded like it was bogging from to much fuel.
Self Appointed Smart Ass