Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Motorcyclist says the Busa is......  (Read 41838 times)

Offline rumble phish

• Post Whore
Motorcyclist says the Busa is......
« on: April 12, 2006, 01:11:56 AM »
OFFICIALLY DETHRONED! :shock:

In this months rag they write up about their impressions of the new ZX14 at the Las Vegas press launch. They're saying that "Suzuki's top dog is tasting more like chicken now."

They were VERY impressed by Kawi's latest Maximum Ninja.

On an up note, they did rip apart the ZX12 in comparison to the new 14.  :lol:
10-4 ya sonofabitch pileamonkeynuts!

Offline 02SE

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
Re: Motorcyclist says the Busa is......
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 01:19:38 AM »
They also said, and I quote:
And what of the Hayabusa? It'll take some serious testing on our home court to settle that score.

Hey, It's about damn time someone came up with a bike that might be better than the 'Busa. If that proves to be the case, hopefully Suzuki will finally update the 'Busa.

It's only been around for 8 model years now.   :|

Offline pashnit

• Rider
    • http://www.pashnit.com
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 02:21:09 AM »
Yeah but the thing is just plain ugly.  Uninspiring. Numbers are one thing, but I gotta look at the thing every day.  :|

Now compare that to this.   :D :D :D :D  No comparison.   :lol: :lol:

This is a signature that's not a signature.

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 02:32:55 AM »
jeez dood, nice ride...  :D

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 02:34:50 AM »
OFFICIALLY DETHRONED! :shock:

In this months rag they write up about their impressions of the new ZX14 at the Las Vegas press launch. They're saying that "Suzuki's top dog is tasting more like chicken now."

They were VERY impressed by Kawi's latest Maximum Ninja.

On an up note, they did rip apart the ZX12 in comparison to the new 14.  :lol:

exactly what were they referring to? HP, handeling? fuel economy? looks? everything? what say you?

Offline busadt

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 06:56:58 AM »
TO EACH THERE OWN
dwayne thomas

Offline Tunes

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Where am I?
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 08:45:38 AM »
Busa Rules!!!!!

Offline Mr. Demeanor

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 08:58:55 AM »
They really likes the new Kaw. Handleing, power delivery, clutch,ergos although they said the pegs were a little tight, they even said Kawi finally hit the mark on fit and finish. Since 99% of the bikes in the "real world" (as opposed to here where it seems everyon is turbo or big block) are stock or just get a pipe and PC, I think this bike will do very well. I only hope Suzuki does step up and war contiues.
Pardon my spelling...I cant see the keyboard!!!!!

Offline jeffw

• Post Whore
    • JSD Products, LLC
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2006, 09:03:09 AM »
Glad we all make our purches based on M/C magazine.....  Here is one for them: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:

Offline Tourist

• Rider
    • MY Hummer site
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2006, 09:13:23 AM »
I don't care if it has it's own Foreman Grill on the side, I still think it's a pathetic attempt.  We have purchased TWO Kawasaki motorcycles new from the dealer in December and January and both turned out to be COMPLETE pieces of crap.  I had a 06 KLR650 that I put 142 miles on and quickly realized I'd rather walk to the store than ride that.  The SOB was falling apart as it went down the road....plastics flying off, bolts backed out.  The other was a 06 Ninja 500 for my G/F, it has NOW been back to the dealer for the third time because it wont run right, wont idle, speedometer doesn't work.  BOTH of these are bikes Kawasaki has been building without any updated technology for over a decade and they STILL can't build it right.  WTF is up with these RETARDS?  I told the dealer I want to trade it in on something else, unfortunately she is short and limited to what fits.  I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER KAWASAKI AGAIN.  I DON'T CARE IF THEY BOLT A JET ENGINE TO IT.

Jerry 
05 Busa, , 05MV7,
99 Hummer H1 HMC4 6.5TD Soft top- semi street queen
97.5 Hummer HMCS 6.5TDWagon-expedition truck
My homepage www.hummertuff.com

Offline DENNIS8269

• Post Master
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2006, 10:07:44 AM »
Well atleast now when you pull up to the tree against a new zx14 you will actually need to know how to ride a bit to win.  :lol:
01 Hayabusa 
06 GSXR 1K  Building for a trackbike
97 Harley Badboy - For Cruising

Offline rumble phish

• Post Whore
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2006, 10:54:02 AM »
Some of you guys really crack me up.  :lol: And some of you are just plain delusional.  :roll:

Some of you guys sound just like the 12 owners we used to (and still do) bag on. "Yeah, but I can do a 1397 kit" or "yeah, but I'll get a turbo!". Puhleeese. That fact of the matter is that a ZX14 in STOCK (that's off the showroom floor) form will run as fast a piped an pc'd Busa with an airbox mod and gearing. Now put a pipe, PC and gearing on the 14 and it'll run like a 1397. A little juice and the 14 will run like a turbo Busa. Rob Muzzy says they are already setting up a 14 with a turbo and they're looking at 600hp! On the drag strip it rules. Right now. Hell it's not even out in the dealerships yet and Gadson set the MPH record on one. Oh but wait, the aftermarket is ruled by the Busa. Yeah, for now. Wait till the 14 has been around a couple of years. And the fact is that the 14 doesn't need as many power adders as the Busa to reach the same numbers. Ugly is it? Yeah, and so was the Busa when it first came out. I remember all the 12 guys trying to hack on the Busa guys about their bikes being so ugly. I think one of the names floating around on the net was "HayabUGLY"? So now all you guys can do is talk shit about how ugly the 14 is? Remember how we laughed at the 12 owners who tried this tactic with the Busa? Don't be like they were. The 14 WILL beat the Busa in any head to head test that ANY mag is going to do. Period.(and yes, no matter what some of you say magazine results DO count for something. Otherwise people wouldn't quote them. And for the record, there have been more that a few of you here that have used magazine numbers to prove a point or two.) And like someone else said earlier in this thread "In the real world most bikes are stock or piped, not big bored or turboed". The 14 WILL rule the streets and track till Suzi fires the next shot. Personally, I hope Suzi merely ups the displacement of the Busa while adding some upgrades like radial brakes and better suspension. I don't want the look to change. I love my Busa, and I'm gonna ride the wheels off of her. But I know the 14 is faster, and I'm cool with that.
10-4 ya sonofabitch pileamonkeynuts!

Offline ricerocketryder

• Post Master
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2006, 11:49:20 AM »
It's a 7-8 year old platform.  The reign had to end at some point.  Besides, the newest 1000s were already beating the beloved Busa in everything except top end anyway.

The only thing that bugs me is that now I'm going to have to listen to ZX14 parkinglot bullshit from guys who don't even own one.  Hats off to Kawi.  I have no doubt that Suzuki won't take this lying down.
You stick to your brand of ignorance, I'll stick to mine.

Offline 02 busa se

• Post Whore
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2006, 11:51:14 AM »
But I know the 14 is faster, and I'm cool with that

It also says the 14 ran 10's with an average rider, same as a Busa...the fact is it will come down to rider.

Offline Typhoon Mist

• Rider
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2006, 12:02:50 PM »
I agree with everything Rumblefish said, for the exception of one thing.  IMO, I still feel that the ZX14 is face ugly as hell!  According to the preliminary write ups, much attention was given to the higher output of the ZX14, however losing in the aero-dynamics, resulting in the same, if not slightly off, end result in time and speed.  Now, if that hasn't been a factor after all testing has been done, then it is what it is and this issue is dropped, until Suzuki comes back with a volley of its own.  We'll see......... it an eventual process time seems to take care of all on its own!   :wink:
"Never trouble trouble, until trouble troubles you!"

Offline Bonedust

• Mad Post Whore
  • boost or bust
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2006, 12:06:53 PM »
untill the ZX14 goes back and makes the govt take notice and regulate the top speed of bikes, it will NEVER dethrone the Busa. Suzuki invented this game...

The Poison Idea- TMH T61 Ultra kit (500+ hp), 3-deg frame rake, BST wheels, Speigler 8-pot calipers and masters, Mac 0-6 arm, full CF body work.

Offline bigchief

• Rider
    • C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Picture 004.jpg
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2006, 12:28:33 PM »
Come on guys we knew this day would come eventually.  Lets just hope that is short lived as the BlackBird reign was. :D :D :D
True to light, a stock ZX-14 will out due a stock Busa, as it should, it is a 1352 vs.1298.

Offline FastBikes4Life

• Rider
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2006, 01:46:48 PM »
The 1999 Hayabusa while dethroning the Blackbird (well documented test) ran the quarter in 9.89 seconds (almost .5 seconds faster that the bird). 7 years later Kawasaki brings out the ZX-14 running the quarter in the 9.7's (9.6's with a serious rider like RG). 7 years of testing, development, tuning and trial and error only amounted to .15 seconds? This will be a rider's war, not a bike war. Even the ZX-12R will be eating up ZX-14s with the right rider.

The ZX-14's reign will only be in the magazines. On the streets and on the dragstrips it will be a different story. In addition, I think it's kind of pathetic to introduce a bike that MUST be modded in order for there to be a clear, definitive line between it and its competitors in performance. That's what you have with the ZX-14.

Fast
Holy Crap, I have to sell this ZX-12R!!

Offline Style

• Post Whore
    • My website
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2006, 01:52:52 PM »
The 1999 Hayabusa while dethroning the Blackbird (well documented test) ran the quarter in 9.89 seconds (almost .5 seconds faster that the bird). 7 years later Kawasaki brings out the ZX-14 running the quarter in the 9.7's (9.6's with a serious rider like RG). 7 years of testing, development, tuning and trial and error only amounted to .15 seconds? This will be a rider's war, not a bike war. Even the ZX-12R will be eating up ZX-14s with the right rider.

The ZX-14's reign will only be in the magazines. On the streets and on the dragstrips it will be a different story. In addition, I think it's kind of pathetic to introduce a bike that MUST be modded in order for there to be a clear, definitive line between it and its competitors in performance. That's what you have with the ZX-14.

Fast

Well said and I totally agree   8)
04 blue/silver Busa with fun mods
00 yellow/black Busa - American Suzuki's show bike

SuperDave

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2006, 03:05:19 PM »
The write-ups in these magazines like Motorcyclist/Cycle World/Sport-Rider, etc. should not surprise any of us.........after all, most of these magazines serve as venues for the major players to display their wares.   Kawasaki built the -14 for one purpose.........to succeed where the -12 failed.

No-one in the business will say the -14 sucks right off the bat.   That would just be bad business.   It is Kawi's latest/greatest/finest effort.

(I will prolly not buy one.....sucker is uglier than my Mother-In-Law)     Please don't quote me on that comparison, I love wifey.... :)

Offline BikeMech

• Rider
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2006, 03:21:13 PM »
blah blah....... watch the tach and the speedometer.......  very stout top gear acceleration....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7949105616639638099&q=zzr1400&pl=true             

Offline Phantom13

• Post Whore
    • Kings of Speed : ZX12R vs Hayabusa
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2006, 03:36:12 PM »

Kawasaki built the -14 for one purpose.........to succeed where the -12 failed.

See it's in that point that you Busa guys have the design goals of the ZX12R confused.

Apparently, none of you have read the SILVERBOOK which was given to those who purchased the 2000 ZX12R (new). It's basically a small book about the creation of the ZX12R from design goals to R&D to concepts to the final product. Nowhere in the book did it say anything about their main goal being to beat the Busa in top speed or the 1/4 mile. In fact, the ZX-12R began development BEFORE the Hayabusa, in response to the CBR1100XX (initially). Suzuki just beat Kawasaki to the punch and upped the ante when they dropped the bomb in 1999.

Kawasaki clearly stated that they wanted to build the biggest fastest most powerful NINJA the world has ever seen. A bike that could be used as a missle on the highway while still being able to handle and feel like a NINJA sportbike. Essentially, an all around dynamo of a machine that would run toe-to-toe with the Busa and hold it's own against the current crop of open class sportbikes on the street.... all while retaining the styling of the current Ninja sportbike lineup.

The media hyped up the whole "ZX12R = Busa killer" thing in 1999 during pre-production... and when 2000 rolled out the production ZX12R's, it could only match the Busa at best in terms of top speed and 1/4 mile.... whereas it was expected to demolish it much like the Busa did to the CBR1100XX just a year earlier.

The ZX12R was in no way a "failure". It wasn't designed with one purpose in mind like the Hayabusa, and it still achieved similar performance....all while not having to cut corners, borrow from peter to pay paul, and will LESS displacement (only 62cc larger than the CBR1100XX's 1137cc's). Did the ZX12R beat the Busa in stock vs stock comparo's? Some mags say yes, some say no... doesn't matter anyway since nobody who's racing, races with a stock bike.

This all being said, the ZX14 WAS designed with the sole intention of reclaiming the Speed Crown and dethrowning the Busa without question where as the ZX12R left much up to debate (exactly 6 years of it!!).

The 14 is essentially just Kawasaki's version of a Hayabusa with ZX12R heritage. Best of both worlds... amazing torque via displacement like the Busa.... and screaming peak power like the ZX12R, only difference is that it does both things better than either than Busa or ZX12R!

SuperDave

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2006, 05:01:18 PM »
I cannot dispute what you say, Phantom............but ya gotta admit, it is not the most-asthetically-pleasing-to-the-eye Kawi ever to turn a wheel........BUT, then again, I can remember in '99 when a lot of us thought the Busa was less-than-perfect in the appearance department......something comes to mind about the "alien-looking-headlight/plastic", if memory serves..... :yes:

Dave

P.S. At that time, the ZX-11 had been "King" for about 8-9 years, and the Busa just totally decimated it.  In every catagory.  THAT, and the stone stock durability/potential of the Busa is what we all love, and it will be hard to replace, IMO. 
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 05:04:35 PM by SuperDave »

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2006, 05:33:22 PM »
does the 14 beat the busa in the weight department? the handling department, the comfort department?

is the 14 isolated from the road? hmmm, I think the only thing kawasaki beat is their meat...........

whats new?

Offline Rodomontade

• Post Whore
  • Trying But Failing
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2006, 06:19:22 PM »
Some of you guys really crack me up.  :lol: And some of you are just plain delusional.  :roll:

Some of you guys sound just like the 12 owners we used to (and still do) bag on. "Yeah, but I can do a 1397 kit" or "yeah, but I'll get a turbo!". Puhleeese. That fact of the matter is that a ZX14 in STOCK (that's off the showroom floor) form will run as fast a piped an pc'd Busa with an airbox mod and gearing. Now put a pipe, PC and gearing on the 14 and it'll run like a 1397. A little juice and the 14 will run like a turbo Busa. Rob Muzzy says they are already setting up a 14 with a turbo and they're looking at 600hp! On the drag strip it rules. Right now. Hell it's not even out in the dealerships yet and Gadson set the MPH record on one. Oh but wait, the aftermarket is ruled by the Busa. Yeah, for now. Wait till the 14 has been around a couple of years. And the fact is that the 14 doesn't need as many power adders as the Busa to reach the same numbers. Ugly is it? Yeah, and so was the Busa when it first came out. I remember all the 12 guys trying to hack on the Busa guys about their bikes being so ugly. I think one of the names floating around on the net was "HayabUGLY"? So now all you guys can do is talk shit about how ugly the 14 is? Remember how we laughed at the 12 owners who tried this tactic with the Busa? Don't be like they were. The 14 WILL beat the Busa in any head to head test that ANY mag is going to do. Period.(and yes, no matter what some of you say magazine results DO count for something. Otherwise people wouldn't quote them. And for the record, there have been more that a few of you here that have used magazine numbers to prove a point or two.) And like someone else said earlier in this thread "In the real world most bikes are stock or piped, not big bored or turboed". The 14 WILL rule the streets and track till Suzi fires the next shot. Personally, I hope Suzi merely ups the displacement of the Busa while adding some upgrades like radial brakes and better suspension. I don't want the look to change. I love my Busa, and I'm gonna ride the wheels off of her. But I know the 14 is faster, and I'm cool with that.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Now thats a mouth full!!!  :D :D :D
I don't suffer from insanity.
I enjoy every minute of it!