Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Motorcyclist says the Busa is......  (Read 41815 times)

Offline Topeliminator110

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Where am I?
Re: Motorcyclist says the Busa is......
« Reply #200 on: July 18, 2006, 07:50:15 PM »
Got to give you credit for tenacity, ZX14@IDLE.   :wink:

Offline 1300hemibusa

• Post Whore
    • http://hometown.aol.com/ply500cid/
« Reply #201 on: July 18, 2006, 09:08:51 PM »
Oh I am not saying anything bad about them.  I don't know about when we rode but over the few tanks he had put in it he said that he hadn't got it over 5000 and it was getting around 26 to 27.  he was bummed and I would be too.  I get low to mid forties when I do play some.  On interstate trips around 50.  I don't personally like the ZX but it doesn't bother me that they made it. 
I'm getting 44 to 45  running kind of hard down the hiway 70s to 85 MPH.... Around town and with  drag racing wensday nights i'm getting  35 to 36 ... I have noticed that  running steady speeds at 45 to 55 the MPG is lower that running at 70 to 80 mph..  My two Busas only Avg 36 mpg with the same type of riding as i do know on my zx14...
2012 ZX14R   Best ET 8.42  @  163.95
  Stock motor on 89 pump gas ..

Offline WVBusa

• Rider
« Reply #202 on: July 18, 2006, 10:41:22 PM »
I really don't give a shit if the mighty stock/slightly modded Kawi 13.5 is very marginally quicker than my stock/slightly modded Busa.  I can look at my Busa, be proud to be seen neon or near to it, and not cringe at its sight.  My '01 Busa is as dead stone reliable as any piece of transportation I've ever owned.  It's comfortable enough (with aftermarket seats) for LD touring two up (Lets see you get the little lady on the Kawi more than once - piece of shit seat and no grab bar).  I get 40±2 mpg at an indicated 100 mph (probably really 90 mph).  I recently got 42 mpg after riding the hell out of it, on a road which shall remain un-named to protect my license.  I never gotten less than about 35/36 mpg (like say at Deals Gap in 1st-2nd gear with some R's).  People say they don't care about bike gas mileage, until they get about 30-32 mpg or less ( I have a much modded 79 GS1000 in that range) and gas will soon be $4 a gallon.  The differences in dragging ability and/or twisty riding on the street is going to be 90% rider every time.  I've embarrassed a few 600's on my old GS1000 up to 100 mph and in twisties and it's relatively a POS.  On the strip, there may be an advantage to the Kawi, but to mod it is going to cost you more because of the engine architecture.  And if you drop that monocoque frame, good luck!  I believe the Busa will continue to be the top speed top dog because Suzuki got the aerodynamics right and Kawi went for "styling". Unless Suzuki has written off this market segment, we should expect them to at LEAST one-up the Kawi boys within a year or two.  But if history holds, look at what their engineers did with the Busa to best the BlackBird (seen a lot them lately?) and with the 1000 the past few years (to own the class).  I've rambled and ranted, but I wouldn't trade my used 01 Busa straight up for a new 06 ZX-13.5 and that's the bottom line for BOTH manufacturers!

Offline X E Ryder

• Post Whore
« Reply #203 on: July 18, 2006, 10:49:52 PM »
I have been told before that I do not listen well.

This is likely to be one of those times.  :lol:

I love my 'Busa! It does everything well. Everything!

When the hamburger-griddle-sided-overweight-fat-fronted-fairing-wide-asa-72-cadi-14-catchup-to-to-big-S-bike has Done Its Time, I will give it respect - Maybe.  :twisted:

SuperDave

« Reply #204 on: July 19, 2006, 07:01:14 PM »
I really don't give a shit if the mighty stock/slightly modded Kawi 13.5 is very marginally quicker than my stock/slightly modded Busa.  I can look at my Busa, be proud to be seen neon or near to it, and not cringe at its sight.  My '01 Busa is as dead stone reliable as any piece of transportation I've ever owned.  It's comfortable enough (with aftermarket seats) for LD touring two up (Lets see you get the little lady on the Kawi more than once - piece of shit seat and no grab bar).  I get 40±2 mpg at an indicated 100 mph (probably really 90 mph).  I recently got 42 mpg after riding the hell out of it, on a road which shall remain un-named to protect my license.  I never gotten less than about 35/36 mpg (like say at Deals Gap in 1st-2nd gear with some R's).  People say they don't care about bike gas mileage, until they get about 30-32 mpg or less ( I have a much modded 79 GS1000 in that range) and gas will soon be $4 a gallon.  The differences in dragging ability and/or twisty riding on the street is going to be 90% rider every time.  I've embarrassed a few 600's on my old GS1000 up to 100 mph and in twisties and it's relatively a POS.  On the strip, there may be an advantage to the Kawi, but to mod it is going to cost you more because of the engine architecture.  And if you drop that monocoque frame, good luck!  I believe the Busa will continue to be the top speed top dog because Suzuki got the aerodynamics right and Kawi went for "styling". Unless Suzuki has written off this market segment, we should expect them to at LEAST one-up the Kawi boys within a year or two.  But if history holds, look at what their engineers did with the Busa to best the BlackBird (seen a lot them lately?) and with the 1000 the past few years (to own the class).  I've rambled and ranted, but I wouldn't trade my used 01 Busa straight up for a new 06 ZX-13.5 and that's the bottom line for BOTH manufacturers!

I rode My '01 Busa for 750 miles BEFORE I put the MCX Kit on it and I KNEW that motorcycle was 1-of-a-kind/unique.........AND, I have been on "sickles" since 1968...............

:yes:

Dave

Offline Papaya9

• Rider
« Reply #205 on: July 30, 2006, 10:20:59 PM »
haha. Don't beat up the Busa you guys.  It was the effing king for 7 years.  Will the zx14 do the same? Not bloody likely!!:)  The bottom line is that the Busa will go down in the history books as the motorcycle that took the quantum leap forward more than any bike ever has.  Not even the 14 will be able to do that.  Be proud that you own one.  And on top of that the 14 would've never came into existance without the Hayabusa.  So stop bickering and enjoy your bikes!!!

Kurt

Offline FTPBusa

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Where am I?
« Reply #206 on: August 03, 2006, 08:05:26 PM »
untill the ZX14 goes back and makes the govt take notice and regulate the top speed of bikes, it will NEVER dethrone the Busa. Suzuki invented this game...
[/quote

Thank you

Offline ZEUS

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #207 on: August 04, 2006, 07:29:48 PM »
untill the ZX14 goes back and makes the govt take notice and regulate the top speed of bikes, it will NEVER dethrone the Busa. Suzuki invented this game...
[/quote

Thank you

+1 :)

Offline 1300hemibusa

• Post Whore
    • http://hometown.aol.com/ply500cid/
« Reply #208 on: August 04, 2006, 08:13:30 PM »
haha. Don't beat up the Busa you guys.  It was the effing king for 7 years.  Will the zx14 do the same? Not bloody likely!!:)  The bottom line is that the Busa will go down in the history books as the motorcycle that took the quantum leap forward more than any bike ever has.  Not even the 14 will be able to do that.  Be proud that you own one.  And on top of that the 14 would've never came into existance without the Hayabusa.  So stop bickering and enjoy your bikes!!!

Kurt
And you can thank Kawi for the Busa ... Because if not for the zx11 the busa would never have been built ... The street goes both ways ....I agree the Busa was light years ahead of everything and will go down in history as one of the greatest motorcycle ever built .... Just like the SR71 was to jets ......If the zx14 doesn't push the Busa back into history it's a sure thing that some else will ....When suki comes out with a new Busa the old one will be history ...Time moves on ...Enjoy it now ...
2012 ZX14R   Best ET 8.42  @  163.95
  Stock motor on 89 pump gas ..

Offline Mr.King

• Rider
« Reply #209 on: August 06, 2006, 07:51:55 AM »
Assuming the 2007 hayabusa will dominate,... The kaw-14 will only have about a year or less in the limelight before Suzuiki unleashes the new Hayabusa, ...not enough time to establish the following the Hayabusa already has due to being #1 for so long. In this light, the 12 WAS a failure, and will hurt the 14 sales too, because the new hayabusa will take the sails from under the 14 relatively straight away. But at least  Kaw was able get into the air, before Suzuki dominates, this time :D

I agree but still..........a short lived death it will be for the kawi
06 Black&Grey 1397