Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Motorcyclist says the Busa is......  (Read 41844 times)

Offline Rodomontade

• Post Whore
  • Trying But Failing
Re: Motorcyclist says the Busa is......
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2006, 06:21:37 PM »
It's a 7-8 year old platform.  The reign had to end at some point.  Besides, the newest 1000s were already beating the beloved Busa in everything except top end anyway.

The only thing that bugs me is that now I'm going to have to listen to ZX14 parkinglot bullshit from guys who don't even own one.  Hats off to Kawi.  I have no doubt that Suzuki won't take this lying down.

Boy I sure am with ya on that!
It's the bullshit poking an prodding by the non owner that get me the most.
I don't suffer from insanity.
I enjoy every minute of it!

Offline Rodomontade

• Post Whore
  • Trying But Failing
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2006, 06:25:47 PM »
The write-ups in these magazines like Motorcyclist/Cycle World/Sport-Rider, etc. should not surprise any of us.........after all, most of these magazines serve as venues for the major players to display their wares.   Kawasaki built the -14 for one purpose.........to succeed where the -12 failed.

No-one in the business will say the -14 sucks right off the bat.   That would just be bad business.   It is Kawi's latest/greatest/finest effort.

(I will prolly not buy one.....sucker is uglier than my Mother-In-Law)     Please don't quote me on that comparison, I love wifey.... :)

Dave you crack me up  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't suffer from insanity.
I enjoy every minute of it!

Offline Joker_101

• Post Whore
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2006, 07:40:29 PM »

uhh, I just got a root canal and a deep cleaning.

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2006, 08:00:04 PM »
Pashnit man you are awsome with a camera. I swear you can make anything look good, your bike is just sitting there and it makes me wana run out polish my bike and ride it across country. Awsome skills bro.
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline gsxr1216

• Post Master
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2006, 08:11:27 PM »
IMO riders will stilll make the difference in Busa VS 14, hell i used to take guys on the strip on ZX-11's with a POS FZR600...

the press writeup shows the 14 in the 10's with a "normal" rider, i weigh 198lbs and ran 10.2 on a 100% stock busa with a centerstand added to it. i think i weigh more than a normal rider you see in the 14 test. plus i have seen the old press writeups where they had someone of RG caliber on a stock busa and ran 9's with it. regardless when your looking at bikes that are within .15 to each other ( from what i have seen so far) the rider will determine the winner....

put it like this, i wont be afraid of lining up against a 14, granted is got very good HP and its weight is good but the numbers arent big enough over the busa to make a huge difffererence in the real world, plus you can buy a 7 year old busa for $5K that will run  with that $12k ZX-14 all day long, put $1000 inthe used bus and your still $6k ahead on the wallet and ahead on the track.....

Offline Tourist

• Rider
    • MY Hummer site
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2006, 09:24:28 AM »
You can keep your Kaw.
Worlds fastest production sportbike or not..........I will never buy another Kaw with the experience I've had with the last two new ones we have bought. They have retards building them and that's not who I'd trust my life with at 200MPH.  That is my point. To me, all the other details are insignificant.  I gotta go now. Back to the dealer to pick up that POS from the service dept. for the third time in 3 months.

Jerry
05 Busa, , 05MV7,
99 Hummer H1 HMC4 6.5TD Soft top- semi street queen
97.5 Hummer HMCS 6.5TDWagon-expedition truck
My homepage www.hummertuff.com

Offline oilheadron

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2006, 09:34:52 AM »
I'm betting the '14 will be a great ride, but with that big 'ol high-compression motor and no slipper clutch (it doesn't have one, does it??), we'll be seeing squids barreling straight through corners with the rear wheel locking up.  :wink: Also, it doesn't have a steering damper either, correct?? Pretty basic for such a high-dollar ride. I bet the motor will be awesome to behold though, especially since I believe it has dual counterbalancers like the XX.

Offline hayaman6981

• Rider
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2006, 09:41:52 AM »
You can keep your Kaw.
Worlds fastest production sportbike or not..........I will never buy another Kaw with the experience I've had with the last two new ones we have bought. They have retards building them and that's not who I'd trust my life with at 200MPH.  That is my point. To me, all the other details are insignificant.  I gotta go now. Back to the dealer to pick up that POS from the service dept. for the third time in 3 months.

Jerry

Good call. I do not trust anyone with my shit. let lone my life.       Kaws just slap some junk yard parts together and make there bikes half ass. Yea anyone can slap and bike together to make have biggest engine and most hp and fastest. But can they build bike that is reliable, and does look like shit. And can you keep your kaws out of shop. NO. Also we don't know how they really handle, or anything like that. Yea I'll be first to admit that busa is not that best handling but it holds it own. I would stay with busa just because of the brand. I'm Suzuki, yamaha and Honda guy. I think that kaws are not up to par.

Seen It All
Done It All
Bought The
Hayabusa

Offline ZEUS

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2006, 11:16:04 AM »
 On an up note, they did rip apart the ZX12 in comparison to the new 14.  :lol:
  Yes they did :!:  But they called the 14 king of quick (and thats only by a few tenths) not the top speed king :!: :)

Offline hayaman6981

• Rider
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2006, 12:01:31 PM »
On an up note, they did rip apart the ZX12 in comparison to the new 14.  :lol:
  Yes they did :!:  But they called the 14 king of quick (and thats only by a few tenths) not the top speed king :!: :)

That what I think all the time. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Seen It All
Done It All
Bought The
Hayabusa

Offline Noumenon

• Mad Post Whore
    • http://home.cfl.rr.com/redbusa/
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2006, 12:22:11 PM »
Assuming the 2007 hayabusa will dominate,... The kaw-14 will only have about a year or less in the limelight before Suzuiki unleashes the new Hayabusa, ...not enough time to establish the following the Hayabusa already has due to being #1 for so long. In this light, the 12 WAS a failure, and will hurt the 14 sales too, because the new hayabusa will take the sails from under the 14 relatively straight away. But at least  Kaw was able get into the air, before Suzuki dominates, this time :D
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 12:30:53 PM by Noumenon »
Home Page (aka RedBusa)

Offline coop

• Post Master
    • My Website
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2006, 12:24:53 PM »
blah blah....... watch the tach and the speedometer.......  very stout top gear acceleration....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7949105616639638099&q=zzr1400&pl=true             

The video says the bike is a ZZR1400 not the ZX14 :lol:

Offline 02SE

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2006, 12:36:54 PM »
blah blah....... watch the tach and the speedometer.......  very stout top gear acceleration....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7949105616639638099&q=zzr1400&pl=true             

The video says the bike is a ZZR1400 not the ZX14 :lol:

It's the same bike, it just has a different name depending on where it is sold around the world.

Offline FearsomeKawasaki

• Rider
    • http://www.upyeez.com
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2006, 01:17:55 PM »

You ladyboys crack me up.

Sooo insecure about a faster bike, even when the 12R has proven to be so much more of a bike than the single minded Bugly.

Go suck yer mammas nipples ya bunch of limpwristed anal sperm farts.

:finger:

Offline Alaska's Southern Flavor

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2006, 01:21:03 PM »

You ladyboys crack me up.

Sooo insecure about a faster bike, even when the 12R has proven to be so much more of a bike than the single minded Bugly.

Go suck yer mammas nipples ya bunch of limpwristed anal sperm farts.

:finger:

Dude you keep saying that about the 12R.  I really like reading your posts cause I think there pretty humorous.  I like the new 1400 but the 12R was a failure.  Where do you get your info. that the 12R is "So much more of a bike than the Bugly".  Go ruffle some more feathers.  I will get my popcorn.
It is not so much about you owning the Bike as it is the Bike owning a part of you.

Offline Phantom13

• Post Whore
    • Kings of Speed : ZX12R vs Hayabusa
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2006, 04:39:27 PM »
I cannot dispute what you say, Phantom............but ya gotta admit, it is not the most-asthetically-pleasing-to-the-eye Kawi ever to turn a wheel........BUT, then again, I can remember in '99 when a lot of us thought the Busa was less-than-perfect in the appearance department......something comes to mind about the "alien-looking-headlight/plastic", if memory serves..... :yes:

Dave

P.S. At that time, the ZX-11 had been "King" for about 8-9 years, and the Busa just totally decimated it.  In every catagory.  THAT, and the stone stock durability/potential of the Busa is what we all love, and it will be hard to replace, IMO. 

Glad we see eye to eye on the matter. So many people do not know the entire story behind the ZX12R, they just assume since it came out a year later that it was built with the sole purpose of dethrowning the Hayabusa. The Busa was kept largely a secret and when it came out in 1999, Kawasaki had to delay releasing the ZX12R to get more power out of it so that it would meet the new standard that the Busa set. Like I said, the 12R was intended to crush the CBR1100XX... but was tweeked in 99 so that it could face off against the Busa in 2000.

In this day and age, you've got to clearly without question demolish the current bike on top to take its place.... much like what the Busa did with the CBR1100XX and ZX11. The ZX12R simply didn't/couldn't do that with the Busa... so like in a boxing match for the title, in the event of a draw the champion retains the title.

The ZX14 is out to settle without question the Kawasaki/Suzuki Speed Crown disputes that have been raging on for the last 5 years between the Busa and the 12R. Kawi gave the public a "do-all, and do-all well" High powered missile of a machine with the ZX12R.... but with the ZX14, Kawi is giving the public the undisputed KING. (for now that is...)

Offline COLDSTONE1300

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2006, 05:24:01 PM »
OFFICIALLY DETHRONED! :shock:

Good! While i didn't bother reading the 3 pages of predictable posts here, I hope this continues. I Really hope for a "Big Dogs II" tests to show the difference of these bikes when fully uncorked (pipe, tre, proper gearing). The better the 14 beats the busa, the better our chances for a meaner busa in 2007.

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2006, 06:06:36 PM »
I would like to know when drag racing became the benchmark for sportbikes? especially sport touring bikes, lets see who gets down the 101 first and who has the energy to make it back, 100 miles of hard twisties or "sport touring" on the 14 and yer done, 14s a good fer nuttin eyesore, a blemish on the entire community...  :wink:

Offline Hunt NXS

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2006, 09:33:38 PM »
I cannot believe no one has brought up the facts of a "first year production run". There are going to be problems, and with Kawasaki's history, there will be more than a few. I wouldn't trust going 150+ on a unproven bike. Sorry, I have been around, even Toyota/Lexus have problems on first year production vehicles.

Just wait, I will be able to tell you "I told you so".

I'm an average rider, I don't care that my bike can go 200 plus, its the whole package that counts. The Busa, the best whole package I have seen yet. My bike, 04 LE was next to a $35,000 chopper, wo got the attention, drove my buddy crazy.
If you can't ride it, don't buy it

Offline Tourist

• Rider
    • MY Hummer site
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2006, 06:38:47 AM »
Ok here's the word on Kawasaki-tard quality.  The service manager did it himself because he knew we were pretty pissed off at the problems we've had with the bike.  He said he had to drill out the emissions plugs because the fine builder at Kawasaki decided it was best to set one of the fuel screws 3/4 of a turn out and the other 2 1/2 out.  Apparently they get some sort of tax break and employee wage assistance by hiring metally challenged individuals and their quality shows.  I don't care if a new ZX-20 comes out and does 800MPH, it will still be a piece of crap if their quality doesn't change.

Jerry
05 Busa, , 05MV7,
99 Hummer H1 HMC4 6.5TD Soft top- semi street queen
97.5 Hummer HMCS 6.5TDWagon-expedition truck
My homepage www.hummertuff.com

Offline BikeMech

• Rider
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2006, 08:45:14 AM »
Ok here's the word on Kawasaki-tard quality.  The service manager did it himself because he knew we were pretty pissed off at the problems we've had with the bike.  He said he had to drill out the emissions plugs because the fine builder at Kawasaki decided it was best to set one of the fuel screws 3/4 of a turn out and the other 2 1/2 out.  Apparently they get some sort of tax break and employee wage assistance by hiring metally challenged individuals and their quality shows.  I don't care if a new ZX-20 comes out and does 800MPH, it will still be a piece of crap if their quality doesn't change.

Jerry

you drive a hummer and your bitchin about quality.....lol

Offline rumble phish

• Post Whore
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2006, 07:45:27 PM »
I think it's kind of pathetic to introduce a bike that MUST be modded in order for there to be a clear, definitive line between it and its competitors in performance. That's what you have with the ZX-14.

Fast

Uhh, you mean the Busa has to be modded to keep up with the 14, right? The difference between the 14 and the Busa is about the same as the difference between the Busa and the ZX12, and about 90% of you guys claimed absolute domination over the 12. So why do you not define the 14 as having absolute domination over the Busa? See, that's my point! You guys will call it for the Busa vs. 12 but now that the 14 did it it's not dominant enough to claim a victory.

Pathetic.

I would like to know when drag racing became the benchmark for sportbikes? especially sport touring bikes, lets see who gets down the 101 first and who has the energy to make it back, 100 miles of hard twisties or "sport touring" on the 14 and yer done, 14s a good fer nuttin eyesore, a blemish on the entire community... :wink:

And Twisted, jeez where do I start with you? So much delusion....

Dragracing became the mark when everyone (much like 99% of the members here on SH.org) started to run their Busa's on the strip. Let's see, the Busa is a "Sport Touring" bike and yet we have a forum DEDICATED to DRAG RACING on this site. I see no dedicated "Sport Touring" forum or "Riding the Twisties" forum here. Just engine building and drag racing. Have you even sat on a 14 yet? It feels just like a Busa but lighter (as in easier to flick back and forth). Motorcyclist is saying that the 14 is second to none in build quality. And don't give me the old line about major manufacturers and how much the editors like to stroke them. They tore apart the 12 when it came out. As a matter of fact they didn't give the 12 props until Kawi redesigned it in 02. As for how the 14 will handle the twisty stuff, the word is out that it's more "Sport" than "Touring". I have no doubt that it will out handle the Busa.

Now all this said, I agree with Quasar in the fact that I'm not swayed by the 14 enough to turn on my Busa. I love my Busa and I plan on riding her till she pukes up a bearing or rod. I am, however, realistic enough to know that stock for stock, rider for rider the 14 is the new King.
10-4 ya sonofabitch pileamonkeynuts!

Offline learjett

• Rider
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2006, 08:42:49 PM »
Well, as usual, I don't give one shit if the ZX14 beats anything or not.  As long as my Busa can give my old ass that adrenalin rush then what is the point?  Why should I buy one?  In fact, I'm thinkin' about buying a new Busa right now so I can have the last "original" Busa before the 07's come out.  Then next year I'll buy the new (hopefully) updated Busa.  Hell, I'm starting a collection!  Also, Just because the Busa wiped out the ZX11 doesn't mean that I'm going to get rid of my pristine, 4,000 miles total, perfect condition ZX11D 'cause I'm not.  It has it's place and I like it too... nuff said.  (Thanks for hearing my rant)  :shock: 8)
Bob

Offline JINKSTER

• Rider
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2006, 09:21:37 PM »
Point #1: Kaws engine design on the 14 combines the crankcase and jugs as a sigle unit casting...unlike the busa where the jugs are seperate of the engine casings...hence there will most likely NOT be any big bore kits available for Kaws new ZX-13.5...leaving the mighty hayabusa as STILL the prefered platform for drag racing and extreme engine builds.

Point #2: There's been all sorts of number spun out there but waht is the top speed of the stock ZX-14?...cause it doesn't really appear to be all that aerodynamic to me...and imho?....it's gonna take plenty of ponys to push all that ugly through the wind.

Point #3: The Mighty Hayabusa has a strong history of being extremely linear in it's power delivery and rock stable at ultra high speeds...the new 14? ???

Point #4: 99.999% of the folks here will never have the balls, skillz, ability or opportunity to ever "OUTRIDE" either the Busa or the 14's capabilities.

Point #5: The Hayabusa is known world wide as a two wheeled living legend due to the fact that it "ABSOLUTELY SHATTERED" any and all speed records ever set before it...one entity claimed it the 10th wonder of the world...the 14?...at best...argueably...rumor has it...that yes...stock fer stock it does edge out the busa in the power dept. by a real small margin...and definantly nothing earth shattering....meanwhile?...the jury is still out regarding the 14's handling, stability, power delivery, brakes, dependability and ruggedness.

and that's all I have to say about that. L8R, Bill.  8)

"My Busa..It Looks Like a 200mph Bulldozer Caught In a Time Warp....It Rides Like a Two Wheeled Locomotive With Clip-Ons."

Offline 1300hemibusa

• Post Whore
    • http://hometown.aol.com/ply500cid/
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2006, 09:53:13 PM »
Point #1: Kaws engine design on the 14 combines the crankcase and jugs as a sigle unit casting...unlike the busa where the jugs are seperate of the engine casings...hence there will most likely NOT be any big bore kits available for Kaws new ZX-13.5...leaving the mighty hayabusa as STILL the prefered platform for drag racing and extreme engine builds.

Point #2: There's been all sorts of number spun out there but waht is the top speed of the stock ZX-14?...cause it doesn't really appear to be all that aerodynamic to me...and imho?....it's gonna take plenty of ponys to push all that ugly through the wind.

Point #3: The Mighty Hayabusa has a strong history of being extremely linear in it's power delivery and rock stable at ultra high speeds...the new 14? ???

Point #4: 99.999% of the folks here will never have the balls, skillz, ability or opportunity to ever "OUTRIDE" either the Busa or the 14's capabilities.

Point #5: The Hayabusa is known world wide as a two wheeled living legend due to the fact that it "ABSOLUTELY SHATTERED" any and all speed records ever set before it...one entity claimed it the 10th wonder of the world...the 14?...at best...argueably...rumor has it...that yes...stock fer stock it does edge out the busa in the power dept. by a real small margin...and definantly nothing earth shattering....meanwhile?...the jury is still out regarding the 14's handling, stability, power delivery, brakes, dependability and ruggedness.

and that's all I have to say about that. L8R, Bill.  8)

Point #1 Muzzy has a 1500 cc kit just about ready to ship..And a turbo in the works..
           point  # 2  Ricky Gadon goes 178.12  MPH 1/4 mile and set a record in super street... sounds pretty aerodynamic to me ...Kawi stated they spent lots of time in the wind tunnel making it better than the Busa ...Time will tell if that's true...
          point #3 The jury is still out.
         point  # 4  That is the truth !!!!!!
         point #5   The Jury is still out...But the Jury is leaking it out that the zx14 is better at handling and power delivery..
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 10:02:02 PM by 1300hemibusa »
2012 ZX14R   Best ET 8.42  @  163.95
  Stock motor on 89 pump gas ..