Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Motorcyclist says the Busa is......  (Read 41812 times)

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
Re: Motorcyclist says the Busa is......
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2006, 10:00:23 PM »
truth is, the zx14 isnt a drag bike any more than the busa is, wheres all the sport touring data other than a handjob by some warshed up journalist....  :roll:

Offline COLDSTONE1300

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2006, 10:00:27 PM »
Point #1 Muzzy has a 1500 cc kit just about ready to ship..And a turbo in the works..

Both of these i wanna see.  :yes: :yes:

Offline 1300hemibusa

• Post Whore
    • http://hometown.aol.com/ply500cid/
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2006, 10:05:28 PM »
truth is, the zx14 isnt a drag bike any more than the busa is, wheres all the sport touring data other than a handjob by some warshed up journalist....  :roll:
I'm waiting for that data myself.......I'm a drag racer so the drag data is what i'm looking for but it would be nice to know other the stuff ....
2012 ZX14R   Best ET 8.42  @  163.95
  Stock motor on 89 pump gas ..

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2006, 10:05:48 PM »

People will turn it into a drag bike just like they did the Busa.  Wait and see, there will ZX-14s all over the drag strips.
PMDC Motor Theory ... Back EMF is the Key.

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2006, 10:07:46 PM »

ZX14

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2006, 10:14:56 PM »

People will turn it into a drag bike just like they did the Busa.  Wait and see, there will ZX-14s all over the drag strips.

:duh: Duh ya think so??   :lol:

Twisted OBVIOUSLY doesn't think so.  In  fact, I don't think Twisted knows what the ZX-14 is all about in any respect.  I think he's so brand biased that it his eyes and mind are all twisted to shit.  :lol:

Offline hayaman6981

• Rider
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2006, 10:19:53 PM »
ZX14      JUNK :!: :!: :!: :!: JUNK :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Seen It All
Done It All
Bought The
Hayabusa

Offline 1300hemibusa

• Post Whore
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2006, 10:25:25 PM »
ZX14      JUNK :!: :!: :!: :!: JUNK :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Step aside young one!!!!! Grown ups are talking.....21 years old and he knows it all... To funny ........
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 10:27:37 PM by 1300hemibusa »

Offline 1300hemibusa

• Post Whore
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2006, 10:30:05 PM »

People will turn it into a drag bike just like they did the Busa.  Wait and see, there will ZX-14s all over the drag strips.

Twisted OBVIOUSLY doesn't think so.  In  fact, I don't think Twisted knows what the ZX-14 is all about in any respect.  I think he's so brand biased that it his eyes and mind are all twisted to shit.  :lol:
Darn you beat me to it ...lol.... Thanks Busa@11k.....

Offline hayaman6981

• Rider
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2006, 10:39:43 PM »
I must say that I KNOW JUNK when I see it. Get over it.

Seen It All
Done It All
Bought The
Hayabusa

Offline 1300hemibusa

• Post Whore
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2006, 10:41:49 PM »
I must say that I KNOW JUNK when I see it. Get over it.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline JINKSTER

• Rider
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2006, 11:19:13 PM »
Point #1: Kaws engine design on the 14 combines the crankcase and jugs as a sigle unit casting...unlike the busa where the jugs are seperate of the engine casings...hence there will most likely NOT be any big bore kits available for Kaws new ZX-13.5...leaving the mighty hayabusa as STILL the prefered platform for drag racing and extreme engine builds.

Point #2: There's been all sorts of number spun out there but waht is the top speed of the stock ZX-14?...cause it doesn't really appear to be all that aerodynamic to me...and imho?....it's gonna take plenty of ponys to push all that ugly through the wind.

Point #3: The Mighty Hayabusa has a strong history of being extremely linear in it's power delivery and rock stable at ultra high speeds...the new 14? ???

Point #4: 99.999% of the folks here will never have the balls, skillz, ability or opportunity to ever "OUTRIDE" either the Busa or the 14's capabilities.

Point #5: The Hayabusa is known world wide as a two wheeled living legend due to the fact that it "ABSOLUTELY SHATTERED" any and all speed records ever set before it...one entity claimed it the 10th wonder of the world...the 14?...at best...argueably...rumor has it...that yes...stock fer stock it does edge out the busa in the power dept. by a real small margin...and definantly nothing earth shattering....meanwhile?...the jury is still out regarding the 14's handling, stability, power delivery, brakes, dependability and ruggedness.

and that's all I have to say about that. L8R, Bill.  8)

Point #1 Muzzy has a 1500 cc kit just about ready to ship..And a turbo in the works..
           point  # 2  Ricky Gadon goes 178.12  MPH 1/4 mile and set a record in super street... sounds pretty aerodynamic to me ...Kawi stated they spent lots of time in the wind tunnel making it better than the Busa ...Time will tell if that's true...
          point #3 The jury is still out.
         point  # 4  That is the truth !!!!!!
         point #5   The Jury is still out...But the Jury is leaking it out that the zx14 is better at handling and power delivery..

Gee 1300hemibusa...I can't seem to find any info anywhere regarding muzzy having a 1500cc kit for the ZX-14...which btw is an incredible jump considering it's a 147cc enlargement...especially on an engine that's being touted as no wider than it's 12R predecessor...and really the only way you can big bore an engine whose casings and jugs are cast as one unit is by "Stroking It"...along with a "Head/Jug Spacer" pistons, rods and crank...unless of course the customer ships in his engine and they bore the cylinder walls too paper thin and then re-coat the cylinders...and I really can't see how kaw can claim all that aerodynamic when the last thing they did was plaster a foot long 1/4" high Kawasaki Emblem right across the prime deflection surfaces...oh well...got a link? LOL!
"My Busa..It Looks Like a 200mph Bulldozer Caught In a Time Warp....It Rides Like a Two Wheeled Locomotive With Clip-Ons."

Offline hayaman6981

• Rider
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2006, 11:59:39 PM »
..and I really can't see how kaw can claim all that aerodynamic when the last thing they did was plaster a foot long 1/4" high Kawasaki Emblem right across the prime deflection surfaces...oh well...got a link? LOL!

Maybe they have wires connected to reverse rotors that produce a gravitational force field and send an electrical signal to the fairing grills to produce a force field around the fairings for increased aero effects. :lol: :joker: (inside joke :lol2:)

Hey I'll give you that one.

Seen It All
Done It All
Bought The
Hayabusa

Offline JINKSTER

• Rider
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2006, 12:18:50 AM »
I saw'em about a month ago at daytonas bike week...laughable as far as aerodynamics...ridges everywhere...front fender flairs...mirror stalks...as if thiese were all extremely important aerodynamic features..when it looked more like something a grammar school kid would draw up on his etcha-sketch...so...I gets to thinking...gee...all those aerodynamic ridges and looky there...

bigazz 1/4" high raised foot long KAWASAKI emblems plastered right on the prime wind deflection area...and unlike the busa (which has the odd looking at first) nipple protusion shaped headlight lense...which diverts the oncoming winds over a "Dead Zone Of Air" (because air flows over air with less resistance anything else) the kwak has just a huge intake hole...AND FOOT LONG WINDDRAG EMBLEMS RUNNING DOWN BOTH SIDES! LOL!!!

Yeah...real aerodynamic...especially with all those "Ridges"...like a ruffles potatoe chip! LOL!!!

Oh well...you can take the kawboy outta the country but...then he'll just bug ya to go see brokeback mountain! LOL!!!

L8R, Bill.  8)
"My Busa..It Looks Like a 200mph Bulldozer Caught In a Time Warp....It Rides Like a Two Wheeled Locomotive With Clip-Ons."

Offline Busa@11K

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Tuck @ Redline
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2006, 12:28:27 AM »
Maybe they have wires connected to reverse rotors that produce a gravitational force field and send an electrical signal to the fairing grills to produce a force field around the fairings for increased aero effects.  :lol: :joker: (inside joke  :lol2:)

Offline rumble phish

• Post Whore
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2006, 12:45:09 AM »
I'm just amazed at how many out-of-work motorcycle engineers we have around here.

Hell, all of you should get together and start your own motorcycle skunk works program. I'm sure all of those highly educated and highly paid engineers at the big four would jump at the chance to glean the vast stores of engineering prowess from this site.

fucking backyard mechanic morons.......... :roll:
10-4 ya sonofabitch pileamonkeynuts!

Offline JINKSTER

• Rider
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2006, 12:55:05 AM »
I'm just amazed at how many out-of-work motorcycle engineers we have around here.

Hell, all of you should get together and start your own motorcycle skunk works program. I'm sure all of those highly educated and highly paid engineers at the big four would jump at the chance to glean the vast stores of engineering prowess from this site.

Touchy Touchy! LOL!.....are we disappointed our new ZX14 hasn't arrived yet?....inquiring backyard fucking moron minds wanna know. LOL!!!

Offline JINKSTER

• Rider
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2006, 12:56:16 AM »
Oh well...you can take the kawboy outta the country but...then he'll just bug ya to go see brokeback mountain! LOL!!!

:lol: Let me get this straight, Bill. You are under the immediate impression that all cowboys ARE homosexuals?!  :shock:

I said..."Kawboys"...get it straight cookie cause...lord knows I am! LOL!!!

Offline hayaman6981

• Rider
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2006, 01:03:13 AM »
Kawy's can be all bad, this lovely l ass likes them! :thumb:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Seen It All
Done It All
Bought The
Hayabusa

Offline JINKSTER

• Rider
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2006, 01:04:02 AM »
Straight as a gate, am I! :D
and you'll be happy to know that....just a few months back?...I finally needed some new dress boots...went shopping after all these years and couldn't believe that I couldn't find a freaking pair of cowboy boots that WEREN'T "Made In China"...so I hit up the local western wear joint...and there's only two makers that don't make in china (except some Justin, Dan Post and Tony Llama's Made in Mexico)..so?...I bought a pair of "BOULETS"...made in Canada...close enough...and comfy as he11..the uppers are like glove leather....awesome...solid black...$190 USD.

L8R, Bill.  8)

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2006, 01:14:21 AM »

I already conceided the 14 is quicker down the strip, but thats not all a sportbike is about...  :wink:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 01:27:47 AM by Twisted »

Offline rumble phish

• Post Whore
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2006, 01:30:03 AM »

Touchy Touchy! LOL!.....are we disappointed our new ZX14 hasn't arrived yet?....inquiring backyard fucking moron minds wanna know. LOL!!!

I won't consider getting a ZX14 till at least the third production year and they'll have any recalls and bugs worked out. Even then I'd buy it used. I'd never buy a brand new bike. And besides, by the time I'm ready to seriously look at a 14 the new Busa (or whatever Zuk will call it) will be out. Hell maybe even the V5 Honda will finally see the light of day. Till then I'll still be riding my Busa 'round as many tracks as I can. Maybe even my ZX12 (when I finally get another one...).  :D
10-4 ya sonofabitch pileamonkeynuts!

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2006, 01:38:56 AM »
also, why do I have to be biased?

I am just saying it how it is, the 14 has 7 yrs on the busa and all they have to show for the technological growth is dual balancers, and last years FI system?

if Kawasaki wanted to impress someone or have the bike of the year why couldn't they fit a 1352 into a 52.5" wheelbase and trim the weight to about 420, then they could say they have something? why couldn't it look like the zx6 or the zx10? its hideous and you know it, WTF is with all the headlights anyways? yamaha has the headlight thing covered? and the tail? the cowl that goes over the one peice seat?

I just don't see what all the hype is about? a 1400 with 170 hp to the ground, thats about right. should we have a parade and hire some strippers when it rolls into town? go ahead, I am not impressed with anything about the bike, nothing, zilch, nadda, null, it just doesn't impress me, does that make me biased?

sheeez scotty, what kind of world do you live in? am I wrong about my opinion of the 10 as well? am I wrong about kawasaki dealing with the geometry of the 10? am I wrong about them making the power more linear and useable on the 10?

I think kawasaki has short changed its customers, if they want to say they replaced the 12 with the 14 and modified its looks and thats about it fine, I can accept that, but this bike WILL not change the sportbiking world, the drag racing world perhaps but not the sportbiking...

it is what it is....

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2006, 01:44:25 AM »

I won't consider getting a ZX14 till at least the third production year and they'll have any recalls and bugs worked out. Even then I'd buy it used. I'd never buy a brand new bike. And besides, by the time I'm ready to seriously look at a 14 the new Busa (or whatever Zuk will call it) will be out. Hell maybe even the V5 Honda will finally see the light of day. Till then I'll still be riding my Busa 'round as many tracks as I can. Maybe even my ZX12 (when I finally get another one...).  :D

oh darn, you said RC211V, wouldn't that be something, detune it to about 210 hp for reliability, keep the weight of the GP bikes?

I think sportbikes have to continue to develop, which direction will they head? carbon fiber frames? billet engine cases?

will they need more power or will they need to put what they have on the tarmac?

I like Yamaha's move on the r-6 with the high low speed damping adjusters, I would like to see the bikes handle much better before the HP is increased, cuz right now on the 05 gsxr 1000 I have my hands full....

Offline hayaman6981

• Rider
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2006, 01:47:28 AM »
also, why do I have to be biased?

I am just saying it how it is, the 14 has 7 yrs on the busa and all they have to show for the technological growth is dual balancers, and last years FI system?

if Kawasaki wanted to impress someone or have the bike of the year why couldn't they fit a 1352 into a 52.5" wheelbase and trim the weight to about 420, then they could say they have something? why couldn't it look like the zx6 or the zx10? its hideous and you know it, WTF is with all the headlights anyways? yamaha has the headlight thing covered? and the tail? the cowl that goes over the one peice seat?

I just don't see what all the hype is about? a 1400 with 170 hp to the ground, thats about right. should we have a parade and hire some strippers when it rolls into town? go ahead, I am not impressed with anything about the bike, nothing, zilch, nadda, null, it just doesn't impress me, does that make me biased?

sheeez scotty, what kind of world do you live in? am I wrong about my opinion of the 10 as well? am I wrong about kawasaki dealing with the geometry of the 10? am I wrong about them making the power more linear and useable on the 10?

I think kawasaki has short changed its customers, if they want to say they replaced the 12 with the 14 and modified its looks and thats about it fine, I can accept that, but this bike WILL not change the sportbiking world, the drag racing world perhaps but not the sportbiking...

it is what it is....

:thumb: :thumb:

Seen It All
Done It All
Bought The
Hayabusa