Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 2 Totally different ways in wiring and a big PROBLEM  (Read 2826 times)

Offline 13

• Post Whore
  • crazy
2 Totally different ways in wiring and a big PROBLEM
« on: April 15, 2006, 07:56:04 AM »
2003 GSXR 1000

Thought we were having trouble running fat when on the gas with our wet kit. So i called the shop that built my motor and told him what i had installed on the bike. He said that the fuel solenoid was wired to spray constant when the button is hit and that the nitrous solenoid is the only one that pulse and progresses. So to keep it from being to fat drop one fuel pill size. So without thinking or checking with the guy that helped me wire the system and progressor up we dropped it. Well we had a leaning out problem last night, dunno how bad yet. Come to find out he wired it up so that the fuel solenoid pulsed also, but this is how the directions said wire it up. Instead of spraying 60 fuel constant and 100 nitrous, it sprayed 20 % of 60 fuel and 20%of 100nitrous up to 40% of 60fuel and 40% 100nitrous.

So really we spraying half as much fuel as we were nitrous.
Lucky  I had the  timing retarded ass if were were spraying a fuel 100 shot on the bike.SO far all we know is that we burnt the tips of the plugs and ti back fired and popped the throttle bodies up and bent the lower butterflies.

So people how did you wire your system up.

Should i put the bigger fuel pill back in and leave it, or should i rewire the fuel solenoid not to pulse.
Self Appointed Smart Ass

Offline Treysbusa

• Post Whore
Re: 2 Totally different ways in wiring and a big PROBLEM
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 06:50:06 PM »
Put the bigger pill back in the fuel. U want both solenoids progressing together.If u rewire the fuel not to pulse u will be running lean and rich at different stages.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 06:52:12 PM by Treysbusa »
Lets Get It

Offline 13

• Post Whore
  • crazy
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 07:57:57 PM »
No you will when the fuel is not pulsing you will not run lean, cause if you go  and pt the 80 shot fuel pills in and only spray 60 its not lean.
Self Appointed Smart Ass

Offline Treysbusa

• Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 06:39:35 AM »
Ur wright it want be lean it will be rich.I know its better to be rich than lean but when u hit the button if uve got the nitrous starting at 50% that would be 30hp shot. The fuel will still be shotting 80. It will bog so bad be cause thats just way to much fuel.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 06:47:18 AM by Treysbusa »
Lets Get It

Offline Badbusa@work

• Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 07:32:04 AM »
Put the bigger pill back in the fuel. U want both solenoids progressing together.If u rewire the fuel not to pulse u will be running lean and rich at different stages.

HE IS CORRECT YOU WANT BOTH SOLENOIDS WORKING THRU THE PROGRESSIVE
FL BOYS

Offline LongR1

• Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 04:57:57 PM »
both of them working together. i made mistake of "not turning bottle on "and running conroller and just dumping fuel in.. damn bike picked up.. i guess its little lean on top, but nothing like urs.  id rather be safe than sorry.
04 Yamaha R1 60 in progressive nitrous
Rider 2000 SBS Velocity Racing Turbo