Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Opinions on adjustable sidestands.......  (Read 6933 times)

Offline bigd1300

• Rider
Opinions on adjustable sidestands.......
« on: November 13, 2002, 10:52:00 PM »
Who here is using the billet adjustabe kickstand from Schnitz(or their competitors)?? What do you think of it?? I'm possiby considering it, but I'm not sure I'm comfortble with all the weight of my bike resting on a single pin. Is it a strong as the stocker?? Does anybody know of a solid one piece billet replacement for the stocker?? Any info appreciated.          
Pardon Me,  Do you have any Grey Poupon??!

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2002, 11:06:00 PM »
Me Again,I have the JCS one,works good but the foots kinda small,and I had to cut mine it wasnt low enough for my bike when it was slammed,But if you race alot its PRICELESS..PS There are better ones out there now..

Offline Japraptor

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2002, 11:24:00 PM »
It's gotta be better than some of the "kickstand mods" I've seen on some of the lowered bikes around here.Some of the guys take acetylene torches to the stand,heat it up and bend it till the bike sits where they like it.  
Here And Yon All Bemoan Unfair Speed Advantage

Offline Gixxer1300r

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2002, 01:04:00 AM »
I have the Schnitz piece, it's a good stand but has a small foot too.also a little pricey at 175.00

Offline pabusa

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2002, 03:42:00 AM »
I think spencercycle has one as well looks better made& not as much $$.

Offline pooh

• Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2002, 04:04:00 AM »
Got the same one that Schnitz sells (cheaper from Charles)

No problem at all with it.... very sexy as far as sidestands go.  

Offline bigd1300

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2002, 07:18:00 AM »
Thanks for the replies. Got another question though. Are you guys using the kickstand all the time with no problems, or just when riding and you use bike stands in the garage? I use my sidestand all the time and only use the bike stands for maintenance. As long as that little pin can hold up to the job I'm gonna purchase one. Most likely from Spencercycle, it looks like it has a larger foot. Just don't want my bike to fall over. Once again thanks guys.          

Offline pooh

• Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2002, 07:51:00 AM »
Pin will hold up for sure.  My bike spends a bit of time on a cross channel ferry.   It gets strapped down fucking hard with rachet straps onto the stand.

It's plenty strong enough.

Offline bigd1300

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2002, 08:18:00 AM »
Sweet, Thanks Pooh!!!          

Offline StreetnTrack

• Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2002, 09:07:00 AM »
Yes, we have the thicker adjustable kick stands in stock.  I will sell them to you guys for $166 + shipping.

Offline Donnie DeVault

• Rider
    • http://n/a
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2002, 12:24:00 PM »
Got a question for ya!! Are you going to be switching from lowered bike to non lowered very often???? Even so If your bike is lowered and you need to raise it up you will have to go through the proces of raising it back up with the use of your stands, correct. To unbolt a kick stand and bolt on another is probably about 5 minutes time max. Save that 150 plus bucks , buy a used(stand) only,cut about 1 inch out of it, weld it up and send it to the chrome shop. Should cost around $50 bucks for stand and chrome!!! And it is the closest thing to stock      
"quiet as it's kept"

Offline HOG SLYR

• Post Whore
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2002, 01:08:00 PM »
I use the JCS from Schnitz and it works fine. The nice thing is that if you vary your setup IE 1-2-3" or stock it will cover everything. The foot is a bit small so I carry a small plate to throw under it in the summer (which I did with the stock one as well). I park mine on stands at home but you don't have to worry about the pin breaking, it's in sheer and will take quite a load. I think the stand that SpencerCycle sells looks a bit better and is cheaper but I've never used it.