Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 1397 Busa vs Stock 06 1000... what do you think?  (Read 54665 times)

Offline 05gsxr1

• Rider
  • Where am I?
Re: 1397 Busa vs Stock 06 1000... what do you think?
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2006, 09:26:26 PM »
yes 200 is nasty.
I went out with my buddy on his 02 gixxer he has cams and head work,
we were getting  some practice runs in for runnin some of you.
i need to get a gps to see what speed im runing its way up there on the tachometer almost 14,000 in top gear
so i sould be around or close to 187/188 m.p.h.since my bike with ivans tre will be at 190 m.p.h. at rev limiter in top gear
i am going to press a few buttons with my pc usb also.
Racing,riding,spending time with kids.

Offline deezuhl

• Post Whore
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2006, 09:30:10 PM »
cool look fwd to seeing you out there. im the only all black 06 zx-10 usually.. so come say whats up.. later
Ace Performance.. 27 Records Set in 4 Events!!!
Maxtons Fastest All Motor Zx-10R 998cc..
Motor 205mph/Nitrous 209.5mph

Offline 05gsxr1

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2006, 09:33:15 PM »
[qoute]
nasty built motor ? thats what chris coupe says
how fast is that? No clue
definition of nasty? 200+mph

hahahaha  thats what chris coupe says,  thats something like my buddy he says he can go 190 m.p.h. easy thru this 9/10 race
and i beat him by 8-9 bike lenghts today and i did not even go 190 m.p.h.
i will race this guy chris  :D

Offline deezuhl

• Post Whore
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2006, 09:35:53 PM »
[qoute]
nasty built motor ? thats what chris coupe says
how fast is that? No clue
definition of nasty? 200+mph

hahahaha  thats what chris coupe says,  thats something like my buddy he says he can go 190 m.p.h. easy thru this 9/10 race
and i beat him by 8-9 bike lenghts today and i did not even go 190 m.p.h.
i will race this guy chris  :D

thats if he shows this week..

Offline ChrisCoupe

• Post Master
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2006, 10:15:05 PM »
dont think this is a duck or cop out but i prolly wont be there on sunday morning this week either cause i have school for the railroad sunday morning from 9-10am to 1-2 pm........will yu guys be out there later then that on sunday if so ill come straight from work to play for a bit.......????

As for the nasty motor i never said that .....does it move YUP from what i can tell and its not even tuned......mild work for the most part......no crazy race motor......plus im 230(not the lightest guy in the field    :lol:).........

Reason i claim it to move now is last night i got out for a few and raced my buddy with his 06 1k and not to mention he is about 140 wet......bike is stock but with his weight it moves.........gave him his race .......2nd gear 75.....and from the kick he hung 2nd till the end of 2nd where i was a bike on him........3rd 2 1/2 more bikes for a total of 3 bikes from his 2nd to middle of his forth and he said i was pulling like a monster as we climbed gears........he made a safe assumption that if he would have went till he hit his limiter that i would be a safe 11-12 bikes out ........not bad for his weight and me putting him at the sweetest spot in his bike that i could have .......1st gear 3-4 grand would have been a whole different ball game for the outcome im pretty sure???.........yes he is a rider and yes im a rider............so again will a few stay late sunday for me to play a bit???.......if not then call me saturday and we can line em up in the evening on 27 if ya want........or tonight if ya want ..........let me know.......

sorry again guys i dont mean to bail out but work comes before play we as adults all know that .....it just so happens that my work is conflicting with the play schedule as of now.......but tonight(friday) saturday evening or sunday a bit later then usual and im game.......thats plety of room to work with if yu want to run me bad enough.......again let me know.......

Thanks,
ChrisCoupe

954-369-6468........names chris if ya didnt already know........

Get Comfortable With This View............

Offline deezuhl

• Post Whore
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2006, 10:27:30 PM »
maybe i misquoted you with the nasty motor statement but i know you said it was built by one of the best and it was a serious motor..

anyhow, get in touch via phone and well make arrangements to run sometime.. i figured you would be anxious to run some people but nobody has heard from you since last week really..

Offline ChrisCoupe

• Post Master
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2006, 04:43:08 AM »
ill get up with yu sat or sun.........have to meet up with sal for a bit too sat or sun........ill call ya.....

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2006, 05:16:35 AM »
Chris bike feels pretty strong to me and i know he isn't afraid to race...

Offline 05gsxr1

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2006, 07:12:36 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9.048 @ 150.93  A garage built slow ass 1397...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thats a very fast bike you have accordingto your et
how many times did you kick chris coupe butt on that thing?
or is he and his bike faster than you?
i have never been to the track yet, but nice time.

Offline 05gsxr1

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2006, 07:54:23 AM »
hey deezuhl i seen you have the garmin 72 in a pic i hope its a ggod one because
i am going to get 1 today as matter of fact right now so i can see what i can do
talk at ya soon

Offline ChrisCoupe

• Post Master
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2006, 09:43:41 PM »
well we never got a chance to race but when he rode my bike eric(gnd111) did state that from 6-7 up my bike felt stronger for sure but his 16/42 compared to my 16/40 at the time his felt stronger grunt down low..........if we were geared the same i have no idea what the difference would have been down low.......plus i have no tune on the bike except for an old map from another 1397 and messing with the pcIIIr's fuel a bit......i dont know about at the track being a better rider cause i have no where near the seat time as he does but im definetly a rider.......all in all i suck and my bike is slow.......easy put!!!    :wink:

Sal waiting on the word for the tune......let me know......

I 100 percent with the assumption that my bike doesnt break and i dont get hurt this week on the railroad will be there on sunday cause i have the day scheduled off for sure....already saw my schedule for this week.......school saturday and sunday off........FINALLY!!!........ill get the chance to get my ass kicked by a few 1000's soon enough........

Offline 05gsxr1

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2006, 11:52:05 AM »
well got my gps and ran the 9/10 race and ran 185 and 186 m.p.h.
being a noobie at this i think that was good.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 11:58:24 AM by 05gsxr1 »

Offline 05gsxr1

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2006, 11:54:44 AM »
well we never got a chance to race but when he rode my bike eric(gnd111) did state that from 6-7 up my bike felt stronger for sure but his 16/42 compared to my 16/40 at the time his felt stronger grunt down low..........if we were geared the same i have no idea what the difference would have been down low.......plus i have no tune on the bike except for an old map from another 1397 and messing with the pcIIIr's fuel a bit......i dont know about at the track being a better rider cause i have no where near the seat time as he does but im definetly a rider.......all in all i suck and my bike is slow.......easy put!!!    :wink:

I 100 percent with the assumption that my bike doesnt break and i dont get hurt this week on the railroad will be there on sunday cause i have the day scheduled off for sure....already saw my schedule for this week.......school saturday and sunday off........FINALLY!!!........ill get the chance to get my ass kicked by a few 1000's soon enough........

i was told to let that guy sal tune my bike also but i did not get a chance to talk with him, he seemed busy racing a few different bikes.

Offline SuperGrizz

• Mad Post Whore
  • Boost = Good
    • California Superbikes
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2006, 12:25:27 PM »
Jeez this is a long, rambling thread. Woohoo! 2000th post!
HOME OF THE OG KANOOTER VALVE

The Rider Formerly Known as TurboGrizz
Now 400 hp Supercharged GSXR 1000 (plus a little juice)

Offline Shamrock

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Shamrock Racing
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2006, 01:59:07 PM »
Jeez this is a long, rambling thread. Woohoo! 2000th post!
You will be a whore someday  :lol:.

Chris's bike runs strong not bad for no dyno tuning  :wink: might be that special Shamrock oil in it  8)

Offline THE ICE MAN

• Post Whore
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2006, 04:09:19 PM »

.......school saturday and sunday off........FINALLY!!!........

Your not off sunday !!
When you come out sunday,your getting  schooled agian, this time in racing !!! :lol:
41 Maxton records 650 750 1000 1350 1650 2000 3000 3001+ classes top speed Turbo Busa 236.96 MPH Busa 1507 NA 223.330 MPH
Fastest N.A. 600 750 1000 1350 @ Maxton
Fastest N.A.Kawasaki ZX12 212.846  1 mile 1287cc
Fastest NA Busa @ Texas mile Goliad 217.0 MPH

Offline deezuhl

• Post Whore
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2006, 06:57:13 PM »
Blur stated.."Ill take IceMan for five hundred.. Hell Juan for that matter" l

hey william ill take yu on that bet if your serious :twisted:.......yu can be there to watch........its only about a half hour from yu if yu wanna show up????.........let me know........

I would say you are definitely reconsidering the bet with blur against iceman and GSX now.. alot of things have happened since may 28th.. now there is a zx-10 and another gixxer youll have your hands full with on the almighty 1397..  not to mention I didnt think we would ever hear this come outta your mouth.

"ill get the chance to get my ass kicked by a few 1000's soon enough........".. reality is finally setting in.. LOL

Offline ChrisCoupe

• Post Master
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2006, 08:38:16 PM »
Ease up a bit mike there is no reality setting in except for the fact that i have no tune and weigh a bit more........lets see the race set up jock for jock .......wanna bet me that 500 that my ''bike'' doesnt lose the race.......not to mention that as soon as it gets tuned i have a tad bit more than a motor bike to play with.......so again i say when that time comes the 1000's wont be an issue.........please dont compare a ''full tuned'' for 9/10ths bike with a 9/10ths vet riding it and expect me not to lose my fair share..........your speaking as if the 1000's are the kings out there.....please dont forget the real 9/10ths kings have to play the background because those 1000 wont even run or be a race with 10+ bike lengths head starts.... :wink:.....yu know whom's i speak of and what kind of bikes they are .....i need say no more.........''the busa is still the boss''.........mike yu really had me laughing with the ''reality is setting in'' comment !!!     :lol:

I dont know how ill do but me and yu are lining up on sunday 9/10ths format.......3-4 grand roll and go.......no second gear handicap torque this and that like yu asked for on the phone........yu put your bike in that category of the fastest ones out there so we will see how yu do with it against me with yu on it ..........see ya sunday.....

Offline ChrisCoupe

• Post Master
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2006, 08:53:11 PM »
ill gladly take my ass whoopings like a man .......but ill be back for round 2.......and ill come correct.....

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2006, 07:22:38 AM »

9.048 @ 150.93  A garage built slow ass 1397...

thats a very fast bike you have accordingto your et
how many times did you kick chris coupe butt on that thing?
or is he and his bike faster than you?
i have never been to the track yet, but nice time.

That was my best time ever.  Seems lately in the heat i've been running alot of 9.20's...

I am not the best rider either so the bike has more potential than i do...

My bike feels stronger down low with 16/42 gears and a stock head but Chris's bike feels stronger up higher than mine with his ported head.  I think 1/4 mile his bike would pobably make 2mph more consistently than mine...

Offline deezuhl

• Post Whore
« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2006, 07:55:59 AM »
Ease up a bit mike there is no reality setting in except for the fact that i have no tune and weigh a bit more........lets see the race set up jock for jock .......wanna bet me that 500 that my ''bike'' doesnt lose the race.......not to mention that as soon as it gets tuned i have a tad bit more than a motor bike to play with.......so again i say when that time comes the 1000's wont be an issue.........please dont compare a ''full tuned'' for 9/10ths bike with a 9/10ths vet riding it and expect me not to lose my fair share..........your speaking as if the 1000's are the kings out there.....please dont forget the real 9/10ths kings have to play the background because those 1000 wont even run or be a race with 10+ bike lengths head starts.... :wink:.....yu know whom's i speak of and what kind of bikes they are .....i need say no more.........''the busa is still the boss''.........mike yu really had me laughing with the ''reality is setting in'' comment !!!     :lol:

I dont know how ill do but me and yu are lining up on sunday 9/10ths format.......3-4 grand roll and go.......no second gear handicap torque this and that like yu asked for on the phone........yu put your bike in that category of the fastest ones out there so we will see how yu do with it against me with yu on it ..........see ya sunday.....

Im not the one that said " im not gonna have a problem with any 1000's" or "ill be down there in 2 weeks you just point me out to the fastest guys". you said it numerous times to me and to sal.. also, you said you would run iceman and GSX for $$$. do i need to requote you from page 2?? ill give you the race i dont really care. I'll still go home with a smile even if i am all over your ass in 9/10ths on my zx10.. you are expected to beat me on my 1000cc bike with your 400cc advantage.. you think guys like rolando have ever asked me to line up?? no because its a slaughter.. you wanna pick on me no problem. youll get your run but you better hope to god you beat me cause i will make sure you never hear the end of it. I have 0 to lose im the underdog.. the race will absolutely not be from 3000 so dont get your hopes up on that.. you got an arm on the bike too what more advantage do you want then 400cc.. youll follow my rpm if you want a race.. 5k up..
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 07:58:30 AM by deezuhl »

Offline 05gsxr1

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2006, 08:25:33 AM »

Im not the one that said " im not gonna have a problem with any 1000's" or "ill be down there in 2 weeks you just point me out to the fastest guys". you said it numerous times to me and to sal.. also, you said you would run iceman and GSX for $$$. do i need to requote you from page 2?? ill give you the race i dont really care. I'll still go home with a smile even if i am all over your ass in 9/10ths on my zx10.. you are expected to beat me on my 1000cc bike with your 400cc advantage.. you think guys like rolando have ever asked me to line up?? no because its a slaughter.. you wanna pick on me no problem. youll get your run but you better hope to god you beat me cause i will make sure you never hear the end of it. I have 0 to lose im the underdog.. the race will absolutely not be from 3000 so dont get your hopes up on that.. you got an arm on the bike too what more advantage do you want then 400cc.. youll follow my rpm if you want a race.. 5k up..

ohh shit :shock: :shock:
if i race chris i want 5 bikes and the jump.1400 cc bike against a 1000 its only fair
i run 186 m.p.h. i might need 10 bikes :D

Offline 05gsxr1

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2006, 08:35:49 AM »
what is all done to chris coupes motorcycle besides having a 1400 cc motor and head work as gnd111 said
cams i would guess.
how much h.p. does it make ?i have read from 200 to 215 h.p.
my busa only made 166 h.p. with pipe and a pc but i would love to ride a hayabusa with 200+ h.p. it should go 200 + m.p.h. easy watch out
deezuhl, ice, and gsx.

Offline deezuhl

• Post Whore
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2006, 09:42:40 AM »
what is all done to chris coupes motorcycle besides having a 1400 cc motor and head work as gnd111 said
cams i would guess.
my busa only made 166 h.p. with pipe and a pc but i would love to ride a hayabusa with 200+ h.p. it should go 200 + m.p.h. easy watch out
deezuhl, ice, and gsx.

i would think the bike would go 200+ also.. i had a busa with just drop in cams degreed and tuned and it went 198 with a jockey and 191-194 with me on it at 250lbs. man that bike was fun..

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2006, 09:44:49 AM »
cams i would guess.
deezuhl, ice, and gsx.

Not sure if he has ever had his bike on a dyno.  Mine made 195 / 114 with U4 in it but with a Shinko rear tire.

Why don't some of you top speed guys bring some of those finely tuned bikes to our September 3rd get together in Valdosta?