Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 2lb NOS BOTTLE ORING DOESN'T FIT?  (Read 3070 times)

Offline 901BUSA

• Rider
  • Where am I?
2lb NOS BOTTLE ORING DOESN'T FIT?
« on: May 18, 2006, 01:06:44 AM »
i just got my tiger undertail bottle mount, went to pull the siphon tube out of the bottle and then reinstall the valve but the o ring seal seems to be way too big to fit in the groove of the bottle, i mean its bigger than the valve itself, is there some way to shrink it to fit or is it a one time use deal?

Offline SPARKY1397R

• Universal Post Whore
Re: 2lb NOS BOTTLE ORING DOESN'T FIT?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 06:23:02 AM »
o-rings are not shrink to fit.  o-rings can go bad,  o-rings are cheap items to replace,  if you can't find the size you need locally(dive shop/paintball shop) call NOS and get a replacement. 

did you do something to the o-ring to make it "stretch"?  maybe you could post up a pic.

Offline 901BUSA

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 04:16:35 PM »
i know this sounds crazy but i went to get the bottle today to replace the o ring and it had shrunk on its own and fit perfect, last night it was a half inch too big, but somehow overnight it fit back in the groove i tightened the valve up and no leaks.

Offline WAR MACHINE 1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 05:40:24 AM »
DID  YOU  EMPTY  THE  BOTTLE  AND  THEN  TAKE  OFF  THE  VALVE I DID  THAT  YESTERDAY  AND  MINE  DID  THE  SAME  THING  THEN IT  WENT BACK  TO NORMAL  IN  A FEW  HRS  I  GUESS  YOU  SHOULD  WAIT  A  WHILE  AFTER  YOU  EMPY  A BOTTLE  BEFORE  YOU PULL THE  VALVE  OUT 

Offline 901BUSA

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 10:18:35 AM »
yup i did empty it before i took the valve out that must be it, i wonder if its the nitrous or the cold that makes it expand?

Offline WAR MACHINE 1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 06:02:50 AM »
I  THINK ITS  THE  FACT  THAT  ITS  200 + DEGREES BELOW 0   AND  WHEN  YOU  TOOK  THE  VALVE OFF  THE  ORING  HIT  THE  WARM AIR  AND  THATS  WHAT  MADE  IT  GO  NUTS