Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Handelbar raisers (sorry can't find the link)  (Read 3377 times)

Offline Hotpipes

• Rider
Handelbar raisers (sorry can't find the link)
« on: January 26, 2006, 03:25:16 PM »
Hey Mr.TMH, I need a set of your risers (1") if still available. Rode 160 miles and still working the kink out of my neck.
                           Thanks
                           Hotpipes
Getin by on getin by is my stock in trade and let the high times carry the lows,just livin my life,easy come,easy go

Offline Dave

• Rider
  • Where am I?
Re: Handelbar raisers (sorry can't find the link)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 04:40:01 PM »
i  think you can email him at mike@reaperchoppers.com
i had the same neck problem, it's an age thing with me.  i use 1 1/4 reaper risers and helibars.  it's the perfect combination for me. had to re route the fast idle cable but the other cables worked just fine.  the only set back is the fluid resevoirs touch the, suzuki db, windscreen on a full turn.
there's a little boy inside of me and he won't go home

Offline Dave

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 06:23:17 PM »
Dolphin,  My appoligies.

Dave

Offline Dave

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 11:06:49 PM »
Dolphin,  thanks. I thought I screwed up somehow.  Mike treated me right with the risers and I just wanted to pass along his info. 

Offline Dave

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 11:17:28 AM »
Got me for sure.  You know I'm a very sensitive guy. lol  Man this is a tuff board.

all in fun

Offline Dave Bogue

• New User!
  • Where am I?
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 06:58:54 PM »
i  think you can email him at mike@reaperchoppers.com
i had the same neck problem, it's an age thing with me.  i use 1 1/4 reaper risers and helibars.  it's the perfect combination for me. had to re route the fast idle cable but the other cables worked just fine.  the only set back is the fluid resevoirs touch the, suzuki db, windscreen on a full turn.

Hey Guys. a couple of questions:

I just wanted to confirm that this is the way to go for maximum comfort............the 1 1/4 Reaper spacers (or 1 1/4 Genmar spacer) plus Heli-bars.

Here's my second question: what is the best windshield that offers the least interference with the raised bars?

Thanks,
Dave

Sunday Rides on the best roads in west central Florida     

Offline Dave

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 08:04:48 PM »
Dave,

I have the 1 1/4 reapers and the heibars.  I've tried the Puig , the Zero Gravity and the suzuki db.  All make contact with the bars.  I left the Suzuki db on and live with the slight contact it makes.  The right side makes the most contact and has left a 1 inch scratch on the screen.  I'm sure there are some modifications I could make to eliminate this but I'm going to sell the bike shortly and will take off the risers and install a new screen.  The combination of both risers added a lot of comfort to my riding with no adverse effect on the handling or safety.                         
You can send me a pm and I'll give you my phone # if you want, I'm in california

Dave

Offline Wprado

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2006, 08:44:10 PM »
I use only the Heli's and it is enough for me. You are the only one that can say which combination puts you in a better riding position. By the way, the Puig db is good for wind protection but makes no difference with the Heli's.