Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 2006 Limited - "Blanco Boosta"  (Read 58710 times)

Offline 954bob

• Post Whore
Re: Jimzu's 2006 Busa LE - Project "Blanco Boosta"
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2006, 09:52:40 PM »
is that nem's old turbo kit

Yes it is...
well than hang on to your ass nem's bike flew with that set up on it. plus looks good

good paint jobs aren't cheap. and cheap paint jobs aren't good.

Offline Jimzu

• Post Whore
    • Gearhead Clothing, Inc.
Re: Jimzu's 2006 Limited - "Blanco Boosta"
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2006, 09:52:29 PM »
Okay... Lots happening this week. I purchased a Ghetto Kit from .org member Nem last week. He stepped up big time and volunteered to make sure it got installed. So last weekend we began the install. After putting in several hours, including a few hours tackling one particular header bolt... we called it a day. Today, Nem returned to my garage, and we finished the install... 333 miles on the bike, and it's boosted...

I gotta say, Nem is a hell of a guy in my book. He put in alot of time to make sure this project happened. He didn't have to do it... But that's the kind of guy he is. I haven't had a sportbike in years. Nem knows his stuff and has helped me out alot. Thanks Nem...

We spent several hours on the turbo install today. Still, the bitch of it was the 3rd bottom header bolt. We went to my buddy Dave's custom bike shop, and fabricated a special allen wrench to get at the bolt. It worked, and the header got done. Damn... Fellas, make sure you snug the bottom bolts first, then tighten the tops... And if (no, when) you need a special allen wrench, give me a shout...

I called Dennis Tuesday and ordered the 2-1/2 inch exhaust with a carbon fiber can. He got it to me in two days. Unfortunately the 5 bolt flange that came with it doesn't fit the kit. So, the project continues... I don't want to cut the fairing, so I'll wait until I can get the right flange for the exhaust... It's always something...

I also have to say... If you install heavy duty clutch springs, make sure you have installed the clutch case support bracket or a billet case. After the springs were in, it only took one clutch pull to crack the case... Add it to the list...

I took it out for a test spin. Sounds tough with the open dump pipe... Lots of rain, and a quiet neighborhood, so the bike is yet to be tested for real... But I can tell she wants to run...

Here are some pics of where it stands...

The bike today...

Shot from the right...

Shot from the left...

Shot of the guages...

Shot of the PC-III...

Other stuff happening...

I received my fairing grills, in charcoal metallic color. They're "pre-formed" but that's funny. Some dude lays chickenwire over his fairing openings and presses them down. That's "pre-formed". I should get into that business... I wont install the grills until I have the exhaust in place and have fitted the up pipe properly. Going for a stealthy look... Should have them installed the day after I get the exhaust flange...

Got a Dyna shift light. I should have it on this weekend...

Got some miscellaneous carbon fiber parts and will install as I go...

My black anodized grips and bar ends are on the way...

Tomorrow, I'll re-install the upper fairing and try to Call Dennis again... Waiting on that one final part is painful....

Planning to purchase a set of Marvic Penta II wheels from a .org member...

Planning to purchase a 4-6 inch over swingarm, in satin black...

And of course... I'm getting the clutch case support bracket...

More to come...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 08:40:28 AM by Jimzu »

Offline Brains

• Mad Post Whore
Re: 2006 Limited - "Blanco Boosta"
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2006, 11:12:07 PM »
Bikes looking really good man.  I know what it's like waiting for parts and building a bike......it can be stressful, but it's worth every hardship when you climb on it when it's finished.  I don't know what kinda arm your looking for but I'm running one of Antdog's on mine......and I love it.  Great quality, quick turnaround, and you CAN'T beat the price.  Bikes gonna look good when you get it done.....keep up the progress reports.  :D

Offline Brains

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2006, 11:18:19 PM »
Here is a better picture........He also makes some killer carbon parts too.  Wheel puck, mirror blockoffs, ect.....

Offline Jimzu

• Post Whore
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2006, 06:10:07 PM »
Thanks Brains. That's a great looking bike you have. Eventually, I plan to powdercoat nearly as many parts as yours. I'd also like details on how to contact Antdog...

And... I took my bike out today for a real test ride... All I can say is... It's a whole new world from 5000 rpm up... :lol:  The open exhaust and dump pipe sound crazy...  :bah:

I put the front clip on, leaving off the side fairings, waiting on the exhaust flange... I kind of like this look... Street-fighter-ish...

Offline Jimzu

• Post Whore
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2006, 08:10:09 PM »
Hey nem! Thanks! Now, the bike feels like it's supposed to...

When the exhaust and fairing are back on, let's plan a ride...  :shock:
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 08:15:31 PM by Jimzu »

Offline TrickTom1

• HOT ROD
  • Site Donor
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • In God We Trust
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2006, 09:16:41 AM »
looking good! Did you hard mount the gauges? Smithbusa had some problems with the vibration killing his gauges. Might try making some rubber washers to put on top and bottom so they can move a little.

Offline Jimzu

• Post Whore
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2006, 11:15:31 AM »
Thanks tricktom. And yes, they're hard mounted gauges. I've had alot of experience with hard mounted gauges on customs, and you're absolutely right, they will eventually break. They're already erratic jigglers... I'll put some rubber spacers on, but even then, it's questionable...

Offline Jimzu

• Post Whore
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2006, 02:11:15 PM »
Okay... I couldn't stand waiting for Dennis to send the proper flange for the exhaust, so I hacked up my fairings today, to accomodate the up pipe, and the dump / exhaust pipes... I'll just buy a second set of fairings for the full exhaust.....

Here are some pics of the bike as it sits today... Almost a sleeper...  :wink:

Side shot...

Left side trimmed for up pipe...

Right side trimmed for dump pipe / exhaust...

More to come...

Offline busajay

• Rider
  • If she would only let me???
    • Redliners.Net
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2006, 02:57:10 PM »
I caught your plate, see that you are in Illinois, where do you live, I am out 88 between Dekalb, and the Quad Cities. I am on a 05 Juiced Busa, and would love to check yours out first hand if ya wanna ride!!!
If I rode her as hard as I rode my bike, her Dad would kill me...

Offline Jimzu

• Post Whore
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2006, 04:20:53 PM »
I caught your plate, see that you are in Illinois, where do you live, I am out 88 between Dekalb, and the Quad Cities. I am on a 05 Juiced Busa, and would love to check yours out first hand if ya wanna ride!!!

busajay, I live in Gurnee. Once I get the bugs worked out, let's plan a trip somewhere. I get to Byron quite a bit, but usually not on the bike. PM me if you want to set something up.

Offline Jimzu

• Post Whore
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2006, 04:26:02 PM »
Nem, what's up man! Thanks! The support bracket did not come in yet. I'm going easy on the clutch. The fairings look okay but I'm buying a set off ebay for the exhaust...

After some riding today, I'm looking forward to the exhaust getting done. The open pipe just aint for me...

At around 5000 rpms and up, it seems the power is cutting out a bit. Not sure if it's plugs, electronic, or just touchy throttle yet... Could I have fouled the plugs already? Any ideas? I'm going to post a question in the turbo tech section...

Offline Brains

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2006, 07:13:43 PM »
I sent you a pm on antdog600.  He's in the site sponsors section....tell him I sent ya.  Dump looks mean!!!!!  I like it.   :yes:

Offline 06HAYABUSA

• Rider
  • Making go-go juice from Dinosar left overs.
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2006, 08:49:50 PM »
Gurnee you say. Man I would like to see that bike. Looks trick.
I am just south of Joliet. You ever get to the race tracks in Joliet?
And nice write-up.
06 LE Busa rider

Offline Jimzu

• Post Whore
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2006, 09:33:44 PM »
Thanks 06. Yep, I get to Joliet alot. I am a bracket racer, and usually run in Super Chevy and other events. If I ride the bike there, I'll give you a heads up. And my home town is about 45 minutes south of Joliet.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 09:44:17 PM by Jimzu »

Offline 06HAYABUSA

• Rider
  • Making go-go juice from Dinosar left overs.
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2006, 10:34:43 PM »
Hey. Even if you dont bring the bike. And your racing, LMK. Any reason to get to the strip is a good one. And to meet another rider just makes it a better reason. I live about 12 miles south of the track on 53.
06 LE Busa rider

Offline RedBusa04

• Post Master
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2006, 11:55:20 PM »
Jimzu,
i'd get that thing properly tuned asap. ya dont wanna go through the headache of replacing engine components (like i did :x ) while using a starter map.

it is truly amazing how your bike has transformed in a mere months...

keep up the good work and the good write-ups.

Marc
04 LE GHETTOBUSA

Offline rustman

• Mad Post Whore
  • Garage Racer
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2006, 11:00:44 AM »
I'm paying attention too.  Good writeup.  Funny thing is, I'm planning almost the exact same buildup for the first of the year.  I plan to get the '06 LE also if I can find one in December or January.  My '03 black and silver got totalled, so I need to start over.  I'll be installing my stage 1 intercooled onto the new bike.  I'm considering the motorhead undertail also.  The only issue I have is that I have too many boxes to fit in the trunk without being able to get under the latch bar.  Maybe I can work it out by putting the kill box and the PC behind the battery where the ECM used to go.  It's hard to fit an LM-1 and Aux box back there.  I know I can fit the boost controller no problem.
  I'm gonna do the same ZG DB, and get a set of black extensions for the arm instead of a whole new one.  It would be nice to get rid of the "tower" on the swingarm though.  Someone mentioned the problem of getting a swingarm tag mount that fits extensions.  If you go that route, I know of a company that makes a tag mount to fit their extension.  I can't remember who, but if you need the info, PM me and I'll call my buddy who has a set and let you know.  I can't wait to see it when you get around to powder coating the rear sets and foot controls.  Looking very good so far.
  This is helping me to visualize what mine will look like.  I'm chomping at the bit.   :D
Yeah, it made 500 hp at 32 psi.
233 mph Texas Mile