Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 2006 Limited - "Blanco Boosta"  (Read 59088 times)

Offline BENCH401

• Rider
Re: 2006 Limited - "Blanco Boosta"
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2006, 08:47:39 AM »
man that has been a ride to watch this project come together, the bike looks good. very nice job :thumb:
Boost, the crack cocaine of the bike world.2nd Place is still a LOSER

Offline Jimzu

• Post Whore
    • Gearhead Clothing, Inc.
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2006, 09:16:59 PM »
Bench, thanks. It's almost there...  :wink:

With the bike on the lift waiting for the exhaust collector, I'm bored, so here's a quick update for next week's plans...

The new right side fairing is here waiting on the exhaust collector and exhaust install.

A gel seat now sits on the bike. Just waiting on my seat to come back from Tobin customized and with a hump pad.

I have the slave bracket support, and heavy duty clutch springs to install.

Some new parts I ordered today...
Marvic Piuma black wheels
Myrtle West 6" over black underbraced swingarm
ZZZ chain

Just a few key parts left. Then it's powdercoating and jet-hot coating time.

Coming down the home stretch. More to come...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 09:27:51 PM by Jimzu »

Offline SPARKY1397R

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2006, 10:23:22 PM »
I'm paying attention too.  Good writeup.  Funny thing is, I'm planning almost the exact same buildup for the first of the year.  I plan to get the '06 LE also if I can find one in December or January.  My '03 black and silver got totalled, so I need to start over.  I'll be installing my stage 1 intercooled onto the new bike.  I'm considering the motorhead undertail also.  The only issue I have is that I have too many boxes to fit in the trunk without being able to get under the latch bar.  Maybe I can work it out by putting the kill box and the PC behind the battery where the ECM used to go.  It's hard to fit an LM-1 and Aux box back there.  I know I can fit the boost controller no problem.
  I'm gonna do the same ZG DB, and get a set of black extensions for the arm instead of a whole new one.  It would be nice to get rid of the "tower" on the swingarm though.  Someone mentioned the problem of getting a swingarm tag mount that fits extensions.  If you go that route, I know of a company that makes a tag mount to fit their extension.  I can't remember who, but if you need the info, PM me and I'll call my buddy who has a set and let you know.  I can't wait to see it when you get around to powder coating the rear sets and foot controls.  Looking very good so far.
  This is helping me to visualize what mine will look like.  I'm chomping at the bit.   :D

my pc is on top of my ecm,  there is alot of room to be found.  you can mount some stuff on the right hand side(looking from the rear to the front)  inbetween the undertail and the actual tail.   

Offline Jimzu

• Post Whore
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2006, 10:46:27 PM »
Jim.... Your just plain sick :shock:
But I'm lovin it! :twisted:
Its gonna look sick with the wheels and arm!
Just to let you know jim, your gonna need to relocate your plate with the new arm. Or bend the $hit out of it upwards. A nice swingarm mount or left side peg mount will accent your looks killa. 8)

Nem, my name is Jim and I am a mod-a-holic...

I plan to either order a Tiger Racing tag mount, or modify the bend in the one I fabbed.

Still got no 7 psi map...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 11:06:13 PM by Jimzu »

Offline Jimzu

• Post Whore
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2006, 01:47:15 PM »
Today, my wheels arrived. Marvic Piuma in black. I like them... Waiting on the swingarm, chain, and tires, among other things...

More to come...

Offline Jimzu

• Post Whore
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2006, 02:19:17 PM »
Nem, thanks! I'm digging the wheels. The slanted spokes give them a turbo-ish look. I'll weigh them and compare. I got the maps. Thanks to you and Jason!

Let's ride in 2 weeks...

Offline rustman

• Mad Post Whore
  • Garage Racer
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2006, 04:41:54 PM »
I'm waitin' to see those wheels on the bike.  Very nice.   :thumb: :thumb:
Yeah, it made 500 hp at 32 psi.
233 mph Texas Mile
  ----- Powered by Cheese -----

Offline Jimzu

• Post Whore
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2006, 05:52:40 PM »
Some parts came in so I did a little work today.

First, I got creative to eliminate the hole in the oil cooler bracket where the oil cooler used to be. I bought some black screen at Home Depot to fill the hole. Here's a quick recap.

I cut the screen large enough to shape to the hole.

I trimmed the screen close enough to begin to shape it around the bracket contours.

I taped the screen's edges down, and taped down across the center, to give it some rigidity and keep it in place while epoxying it.

I epoxied around the edges about 1/4 inch all around. I repeated this about 5 times, allowing about 30 minutes between each round to dry enough to go again, until finished. When the tape is removed, it pulls off the half dry epoxy leaving a pretty straight line.

Here's what the finished product looks like from the front.

Here's a shot on the bike. A much cleaner finished look. And it keeps the debris out of places it shouldn't be.

Also, a pic of the new Busa grips, bar ends, pivot cover, etc. out in the sun.

More stuff in a few minutes...

« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 06:13:14 PM by Jimzu »

Offline Jimzu

• Post Whore
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2006, 06:09:22 PM »
I also received the exhaust flange from Dennis, so I installed the full single side carbon fiber exhaust. It sounds just like I thought it would. Like an average Busa with a slight turbo whine. Perfect...

Here are a couple pics with it installed, along with the new right side fairing. I cut the original one for the exhaust dumps.

Offline Jimzu

• Post Whore
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2006, 06:12:15 PM »
I also installed my new Tobin seat. I really like this seat. I went with the dull black, and two silver kanji logos on the sides. I also got the zippered hump pad, but wont put that on unless I'm taking a road trip. I like the look of the solo seat best. Pics...

Next will be installing the 6" over swingarm, ZZZ chain, and black Marvic Piuma wheels.

She has 390 miles on her now...

More to come...

Offline rustman

• Mad Post Whore
  • Garage Racer
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2006, 09:28:09 AM »
You mentioned a custom oil cooler I believe.  Can you tell me a little more about what you've done with it?  Damn, you're doing everything that I want to do.  I'll need another bike first.   :shock:
Yeah, it made 500 hp at 32 psi.
233 mph Texas Mile