Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Boner's turbo project - The Poison Idea.  (Read 26031 times)

Offline Bonedust

• Mad Post Whore
  • boost or bust
Re: Boner's turbo project - The Poison Idea.
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2006, 05:34:47 PM »
well, its been a bit since i updated this post...had some personal/family stuff going on, and i also had a lot of parts out getting various things done (and still do)

-ive got my new pump mounting figured out, and ive got the quick disconnect dry-break fittings to mate up to a modded NLR fuel plate. I had it modded to still use an OEM fuel pump bracket. ill have pics of that once its back from the machinist.

pump mounting-

-8 AN and -6 AN dry breaks for supply and return lines to the tank

-Ive got all the pumbing redone on the bike...made a few changes, ill snap some pics when the bike is back together more

things im still waiting on:
-exhaust and header to come back from ceramic coating
-Custom exhaust can from HMF
-oil pan, up pipe, radiator, ultra plenum, and ultra heat exchanger are getting a heat dissipating coating

once i get that stuff back, ill have a huge update with tons of pics.

The Poison Idea- TMH T61 Ultra kit (500+ hp), 3-deg frame rake, BST wheels, Speigler 8-pot calipers and masters, Mac 0-6 arm, full CF body work.

Offline Bonedust

• Mad Post Whore
  • boost or bust
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2006, 08:07:23 PM »
front it 1" down...back is about the same...maybe a tad higher.

The Poison Idea- TMH T61 Ultra kit (500+ hp), 3-deg frame rake, BST wheels, Speigler 8-pot calipers and masters, Mac 0-6 arm, full CF body work.

Offline Bonedust

• Mad Post Whore
  • boost or bust
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2006, 07:29:18 PM »
here is somemore pics of some parts, mods, and other little bits i have been working on.

here is the billet bottomed Davis pump from NLR....very VERY sweet piece.

tucks in out of the way really nice and looks like a million bucks

i was going to use these adapter to run all -AN fitting for boost lines, but i have since found weld on 4-AN nipples....so, minor changes needed here

this pic still looks a mess cause i was test fitting boost stuff (which is all gone now in favor of AMS1000), but it shows the aux fuse block i added for all the non-OEM add-ons. its a nice inexpensive piece of mind. im going to add a second battery and upgraded stator for some added juice!

Andersson Boost Compensated Lock-up...mmmmm

inside

Offline busa2001

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2006, 08:43:08 PM »
are you still going with the digital dash? i will be ordering mine in a few weeks... :D lots of nice billet stuff there mister.... :lol: :thumb:

Offline Bonedust

• Mad Post Whore
  • boost or bust
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2006, 01:51:08 AM »
are you still going with the digital dash? i will be ordering mine in a few weeks... :D lots of nice billet stuff there mister.... :lol: :thumb:

yep, its stilling here in the box. MCBUSA is going to help me install that and the AMS1000 in early Jan.

Offline Bonedust

• Mad Post Whore
  • boost or bust
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2006, 02:27:42 PM »
here is a couple pics of the new Rizoma rearsets on...just for a quick test fit. im going to hunt down a nicer rear master and get the frame raked before i keep em on for good.

sooo sexy...

Offline Smokin Ya

• Post Whore
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2006, 06:27:17 PM »
Very Nice :thumb:

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2006, 08:05:19 PM »
That some kind of new "Slider Blue Rag" Clutch? :lol:
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline Bonedust

• Mad Post Whore
  • boost or bust
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2006, 11:19:12 PM »
Its a Boner Exclusive Shop-towel Compensated Lock-em-up. good up to 800hp. patent pending

Offline Bonedust

• Mad Post Whore
  • boost or bust
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2006, 03:37:25 PM »
i can't leave SHIT alone for very long. i dunno why, ive always been like this. Just about eveything i own i have modded, tweeked, changed, painted...something.

The exhaust that came on the Utra kit i got from dennis was fine. big pipe, cf can, fit good, looked good...but eveyone with a full exhaust on a turbo has one almost identical. so i called Hans at HMF and dropped the bike off...

2 1/2" pipe onto 2-2" pipes with shorted CF cans and billet machined endcaps.

i picked up a Vibrant V-band interlocking clamp to join up the pipes. i know the old slip joints work fine, but this is quick release, seamless internally so it wont add turbulance, and just trick as hell imo. sure, not cheap...but all the fun stuff isnt.

a nice smooth bend from the outlet so ensure good flow. Hans is an amazing fabricator.

from the back

and im leaving at 4am to drive to Macintosh for a frame raking. im going to stay and take pics during the process so i can show everyone whats involved in doing it!

Offline Bonedust

• Mad Post Whore
  • boost or bust
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2006, 09:30:35 AM »
Ya, Hans is no joke! He not only an amazing welder, but the guy is just full of good ideas and design suggestions.

Offline Bonedust

• Mad Post Whore
  • boost or bust
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2006, 09:32:00 AM »
so, i made the 4 hr drive at 4am this morning down to McIntosh Machine to get my frame raked. As soon as the bike was out of the trailer, Terry started tearing into it.

500+hp unicycle anyone?

now, i have the UTMOST confidence in Terry's abilities, but still, its unsettling to watch a sawzal blade sink thru the neck of your bike.

with the new Billet neck tacked in (Terry asked that i not show his locating rig...trade secrets!)

and the finished product. complete with all OEM mounting locations and new steering stops.

Mac has given me 2 fantastic experiences so far. They are super nice people and do top notch work.  :thumb:

Next up on the chopping block is some custom bracketry to finally get all my fuel system organized properly...and then SUSPENSION!

Offline 003busa

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2006, 09:53:53 PM »
Sweet pics!! Awsome job!! :thumb:
03 Ultra kit RCC Turbo..
7.80 @188 MPH
08 Busa..
8.12@169  ALL MOTOR!!

Offline Bonedust

• Mad Post Whore
  • boost or bust
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2006, 08:50:02 PM »
no that's some good welding... :D :thumb: what made you decide to rake it?

M.SHANK spoke really highly of just how much the 3 deg rake increased high speed stability. if i had to ship the frame cross country, i probably wouldnt have done it, but since McIntosh is in driving distance, i went for it.