Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: You came around the corner and found WHAT in your lane?  (Read 7500 times)

Offline X E Ryder

• Post Whore
You came around the corner and found WHAT in your lane?
« on: June 19, 2006, 10:19:48 PM »
OK, so we have all done it. You carve a nice line through a corner, you're in the right gear, and enjoying the perfect zone, when there in your path you find __________________ !!

My all time worst was not one but TWO cars one in each lane facing each way stopped, having a little talk. After grabbing lots of binder I went between them, pulling over a mile or so later to wipe the sweat off my brow.

I do not ride that fast in canyons anymore, it was getting to risky.

What about you folks?

Offline Kirk

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Re: You came around the corner and found WHAT in your lane?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 10:41:10 PM »
I've spun up the rear tire knee-down at over 100 mph and had the rear end step out a ways, but my biggest "moment" while sport-riding on the street was hitting a huge chunk of wet bark on a damp road in a shadow and having the front tire push it almost to the fog line. I just about pulled a groin muscle holding it up with my knee waiting for the front tire to come back online. I thought of sending a resume to Depends seeking sponsorship assistance after that. 
-Kirk

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 10:44:29 PM »
I dont ride to 100% on the street maybe 80% now. I figure if you are dragging a knee around the bend then you are pretty much set on your line being there. Being able to have a little room to get out alive is very important after all you are not getting paid millions, or rideing in front of a crowd. One bad move and the only person you will impress is the corner, well that and you will impress the car you hit.

I belive there are 2 things that are important on the street.

1. No matter what never ever target fixate. If you come around the curve and see a car, look for the place the car is not and not at the front bumper. If you stare at the place you dont want to hit, I promise you will.

2. As long as the ruber side is down dont give up, ride the bike, this is a overlooked fact. Rideing the bike till the end and not giveing up means you have a better chance to save it. I read a report that stated as much as 60% I belive it was,  accidents involving a single vehical could have been saved if the rider would have just rode the bike and refused to go down.

Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline X E Ryder

• Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 10:47:57 PM »
We call that "Cafe' or Crash"

You WILL force yourself to ride it out and push yourself, or you WILL go down.

Heck if you are about to have a bad day, why not ride until something removes you from the bike?

Good point.

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 10:52:08 PM »
My biggest thing about the street is those damn gaurd rails and 30 foot drop offs full of trees around here. Ever hit a curve at 90mph and realize there is nothing on the other side of the white line but air? Scary shit, you really have to focuse not to look over at the view heheh. Guy I know up here was at the Gap a few years ago, he was rolling hard on his Ducati and a car came into his lane. It was so far over it forced him to the oncomeing lane and he lost it, slide under a gaurd rail at 80 ish. He broke almost every bone on the left side of his body.
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline 02SE

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 09:15:10 PM »
I've been running pretty fast through a nice corner, and have found all of the following in my lane, some of these multiple times: car, truck, moose, deer, sheep, rocks, gravel, moron motorcyclists that apparently don't have a fuckin' clue how to ride a bike around a bend and go over the centerline into my lane,  :cussing:  dogs, coyotes, squirrels, porcupine, beaver, elk, shoulder to shoulder tar sealer, etc.

Fortunately, I've avoided hitting any of the large objects. That's because I regulate my speed, to how far ahead I can see. So if I need to change my line, or stop, I can.   

Offline busa_tom

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 09:10:01 PM »
My face looking back at me reflected in my front fender!   :bah:

I high sided giving it to much juice out of a corner, started to spin and go down fast, I backed off the throttle and the bike straightened out instantly! I was ass slapped over the bars but hung on, face down, feet straight up in the air! After about a half a second, I fell back on the bike and somehow managed to stay on and find the seat. The busa took care of the rest by it's self. Not a scratch on the bike, my ego however was lowered by a few notches. The guy's at the track pissed themselves laughing....

Offline Robbusa2

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • TRUST YOUR TIRES!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 06:09:00 PM »
My worst in 20 years of riding was...... a damn old RECLINER!  :shock:  I'm talkin' Archie Bunker style.  :lol: It fell out of the back of an old pick-up at the exit point of a curve. I adjusted my line to avoid it and then SUPRISE, it went into recline mode right into my new line. I always try to use the 80% rule on the street so I had enough following distance to re-adjust to the other side and avoid it. I was sure my last image in this world was going to be a 1970, plaid recliner.  :(
03' Silver Busa
- 1" Raising Bones in rear -Shorter chain
-1 tooth front      -GSXR1K Rear Shock
-ZG Shield  -HH Pads -Goodridge Lines
-TRE (Switch) -Shift Light-PAIR Mod
-Professionally tuned susp.
-Yosh Full Titanium - K&N Filter-PCIIIR Dyno mappped

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 07:49:14 PM »
every day and everywhere I ride I find something on my line, fucking cages!

Offline needboost

• Rider
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2006, 10:43:18 AM »
Worst one i ever had was a log coming a round a corner on my old 1170 Katana,had nowhere to go & somehow i actually rode over it without losing it.Till today got no idea how i managed that.Scary shit !!
2001 1429 busa.326km/h gps reading