Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: raising links  (Read 7585 times)

Offline Rinaudo

• Rider
raising links
« on: June 20, 2006, 11:33:22 AM »
do you guys raise your bike in the rear if so where to get links
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 11:36:49 AM by Rinaudo »

Offline X E Ryder

• Post Whore
Re: raising links
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 05:59:16 PM »
Here you go, they even look nice!

http://secure.mycart.net/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=2605433&showprevnext=1

This is what I put on.

Offline NewJerseyBusa

• Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 09:05:39 PM »
+++++++++++++  8)
1397 JE Pistons
Pair valve Mod
Full AirBox Mod
Ivans TRE
Speedo Healer
Acumens Digi Gear
Dyno Mapped
200 RWHP
power to the ground

Offline Kirk

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 07:25:13 PM »
I may have used stock SV650 links at some point. I also think I fabbed some. I can't remember which worked out best for me, but I do remember that anything over about an inch and a half up in back started to cause me some problems.
-Kirk

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 11:26:27 AM »
Is this 1 inch up with stock front height? Or is this lower fron 1/2 inch and raise back?
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline X E Ryder

• Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 06:05:45 PM »
I decided not to lower the front, since the Busa tends to drag the stator cover and fairing bulge over the clutch cover, I would rather just leave it up that 1/2 inch (and may end up dragging the damn things anyway if I do a track day again).

I am tall, 6'4" and really like the slight boost in seat height from the raising bones.

Offline Kirk

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 10:34:47 PM »
Is this 1 inch up with stock front height? Or is this lower fron 1/2 inch and raise back?

I'm not sure that I understand the question. Mine was about 1.5" up in back, and lowered about 1/2" in front and it was fine.
-Kirk

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 12:04:55 AM »
Sorry was half asleep when I wrote that, haha. Yah was wondering if its best to keep front stock height when raiseing the rear a inch for ground clearance. So you lowered the front 1/2 a inch as well damn, ever scrap the plastic?
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline Kirk

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006, 01:45:54 AM »
...ever scrap the plastic?

Um, yeah. That's the lighter colored jelly bean shaped spot diagonally on the bulge in the fairing at the clutch cover area. It dragged in the blind high-speed right-hand turn 6 at PIR. But I needed the quick steering to be able to flip the bike from full lean left to full lean right in turns 7 and 8, as well as the 4/5/6 transitions. That 1/2" in the front didn't seem to make any noticable difference in cornering clearance, at least when combined with going up an inch and a half in the back. Overall, it had significantly more cornering clearance than stock.

-Kirk