Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Almost went down!  (Read 976 times)

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • Friends don't let friends use boost.
Almost went down!
« on: June 21, 2006, 10:38:27 AM »
 20 mph in an intersection and I'm turning left. I'm in the inside left turn lane (there are two left turn lanes).  The car in front of me makes it's turn and as it does I notice RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME an oil slick or tranny fluid puddle that is about two feet wide and 6 feet long. I have about 15 feet to slow down and I have no room to dodge left or right. I hit as much brake as I could before I got to the slick. The second I hit it I felt the bike start to slide. I let it go straight as far as I could after the silck to get the crap off my tires. This sent me straight towards the opposite side of the intersection and the awaiting curb. I leaned just alittle to turn left and could still feel the tires sliding. I decided to continue to let it go straight and take my chance that I could stop before hitting the curb. I did. That was the biggest slick I've ever seen on the road! I was going to sell the bike that day and was taking it for one last ride. I think the bike is trying to tell me something, I just don't know what it is.
RCC turbos rock!!! Rcc- Ultra plenum, case saver, Carillo rods, Wossner pistons, APE springs/tool steel shift shafts, Ferrara valves, ARP studs, lightened and balanced crank, Boostbysmith ecu editor, AMS 1000 with CO2, 475 hp. Mac arm 0-6 over, BST carbon fiber rims. Someday I'm goin' fast!

Offline JW OLDBUSA

• Post Whore
Re: Almost went down!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 10:52:00 AM »
Very fortunate you didn't go down! Sounds like the bike is showing how good it's been to you.
1397= MY AFFORDABLE TURBO

Offline 1300R

• Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 02:40:05 PM »
Very fortunate you didn't go down! Sounds like the bike is showing how good it's been to you.

:thumb:  +1 .... you need to keep it...     :)

Offline CPPR BUSA

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 05:04:06 PM »
Congrats on the save, and fast thinking!!

Offline Slim

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 06:03:40 PM »
Rock and roll . . . ..

Offline Headshot

• Post Master
    • http://n/a
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 06:07:43 PM »
under-cloths are cheaper than plastics :lol: