Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: DFO Digital Fuel Optimizer  (Read 9925 times)

Offline DON CARLITO

• Apprentice Post Whore
    • http://www.carlitobusa.50megs.com
DFO Digital Fuel Optimizer
« on: November 15, 2002, 01:01:00 PM »
Anyone using a DFO?  

New DFO Box (Digital Fuel Optimizer) . By attaching itself to the injector trigger wires and controlling fuel delivery as the signal travels to each injector the DFO box allows all the stock sensors and inputs to function just as the factory designed, whether it faces late or early fuel injection systems.

The DFO box operates like jet kits for carbureted engines, which normally change ranges of fuel at the main jet, needle or idle mixture. It allows you to make low rpm/cruise fuel changes as well as high rpm/ acceleration demand adjustments. The difference is that now an electrical signal changes the demand for fuel and not vacuum or pressure. The DFO Box also affords the rider quick and simple adjustments with the turn of a screwdriver.

Offline Steve A

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2002, 01:10:00 PM »
Don't know but if you have their web site - please post here or on the topic we've got going in the "Racing" forum.

Offline Velociraptor

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2002, 01:18:00 PM »
It can only make the bike run richer but not leaner.  
I bought one under the name of the "Techlusion" or something like that. It is also more complicated to install than a Power Commander. Its cheaper than a Power Commander but you get what you pay for and this device is stone age compared to a Power Commander or Yosh engine management system.

Offline DON CARLITO

• Apprentice Post Whore
    • http://www.carlitobusa.50megs.com
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2002, 01:24:00 PM »
good info

Offline BUSASAURAS

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2002, 03:54:00 PM »
Thanks for the info,,,now go tell denny to take his off!  
Fire Breathing,Nitrous Spitting,Ground Pounding,Farting,Screaming Dinosaur,Better Known As "BUSASAURAS"

Offline StretchedOutBusa

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2002, 04:01:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by BUSASAURAS:
Thanks for the info,,,now go tell denny to take his off!  

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!    Denny got busted, wanna race?  
"IM HERE FOR A GOOD TIME"

Offline len

• Post Master
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2002, 04:31:00 PM »
First of all, its not stone age at all, It works very well, and the DFO is the same as the TFI just sold thru custom chrome for harleys at a inflated price. The unit can only richen the mix. this is true, but very few mods to make power require leaning, One thing it doesnt do , is screw up your stock emc compensation for altitude and temp like the pc2. It alters the fuel injector band length in several ways, depending on demand and engine  rpm. Also has a WOT setting and rpm adjustment. I use a TFI and have had experiece with the pc, and unless you own a dyno, or alot of money to piss away everytime you make a change, the TFI is really a good item. Just run a search for "fuel nanny" and you will find it, $189 unless your a dealer, then its cheaper.
MY MOMMA TOLD ME I WAS SLOW!!! What did she mean ?

Offline malcolmsp

• New User!
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2002, 05:29:00 PM »
Not that I would take one over my powercommander.

BUT if it only richens the mixture...lean out the base.

Go -5, -5, -5 on the ecu with a yosh box then start again???

cya
Mak

Offline Velociraptor

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2002, 06:24:00 PM »
Sorry about the stone age remark. That was too harsh. Its an OK device if you have a lean running bike. I had an O2 meter on my Busa and knew it was running rich. That, combined with not paying close enough attention to the details about the Techlusion box, caused me to buy something that could not help me at all.

Offline len

• Post Master
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2002, 01:36:00 AM »
malcombsp, your right, if you set your base leaner with a yosh box you could set it up leaner in certain regions. Gary , It doesnt just change the band length the same all across the rpm range, it is adjustable for a no load range, fast acceleration range(when theirs a quick change in band length)and total lenght above a selectable rpm for wide open throttle,. I just got back from hallsville, My bike ran its best time tonight,

rt.593
60'1.473
660  6.115
mph  116.37
1/4  9.548
mph  141.36

now my bikes motor is completely stock, and the bike only has a open header, TFI , small box mod, for additional power, . It has a lockup clutch, and 7 inch arm, micky tire, 16-43, and of cource lowered. I weigh 215 + leathers. no bars.

shur you cant tune for every 100 rpms like a power comander. I like the Idea of not haveing to use a laptop at the track, and guessing at a map, I can adjust to leave the line lean, so if it bogs , it dont load up, and come on rich at 7500rpms, and the rest of the run is in Wide open throttle, , doesnt have to be tuned so fine in the upper rpms for drag racing, only low rpms for street riding to smooth out the power . thats the only advantage I can see with a pc-2. I ran a simialar bike tonight, set up almost the same, I ran him ten times, then his buddy got on and ran me twice, about the only difference between the two bikes, is , his has a 6inch arm, and aluminum tail frame. he has a Brock pipe, and brocks map in his pc2, I was a strong 2 tenths faster, consistanly. we both weigh about the same, and the bikes weigh about the same. I think you would be hard pressed to get verymuch more out of a pc-2 over a TFI. just my opinon.
MY MOMMA TOLD ME I WAS SLOW!!! What did she mean ?