Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Intend to strap fron end any tips or pics dont want to scratch+rub marks ect  (Read 3409 times)

BRACKET RAT 2

I think one my buddies has done it I have the strap schnitz sells but just want 2 be carefull doing it to my new 06 (dint have a scratch on it)  I already dropped bike 2 inches (lowering links) I did little test shot on country road  not to hard to handle with just a 16 on front doing about a 1/2 foot little bunny hop but i did notice when i hit 2nd front tire was not on ground :shock: :shock: not packing a wheelie just sort of skimming along inch or so off :shock: :shock: I'm tired getting laughed at 4 those wheelie bars  :x :x  there staying off somebody buy them. :x :x  I'm sure can slap the strap on there just wondering if any tips to avoid scratches rub marks etc

Offline buzard

• Mad Post Whore
cover the top of your front fender with duct tape or it will get scuffed :wink:
Next up is a Great Lakes Race craft turbo setup with a NLR billet plenum for 2015

NLR GEN X POWERED/RCC INTERCOOLED PROSTREET BUSA
ONE BAD ASS 02 BLACK 565 HP RCC ULTRA BUSA
turbo 85 1150 scary ride
turbo 01 bandit 220 hp mr. turbo kit
turbo 01 busa 320 hp hahn stage 3
turbo 03 zx12r velocity stage 2
turbo 03 busa nlr gen 1 rac

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...

Mine won't strap that low and it is lowered in the clamp..

Offline gsxr1216

• Post Master

Mine won't strap that low and it is lowered in the clamp..

mines has never been strapped and has 1" reaper risers and the top of my fender got all scuffed up anyway. i ended up pulling out the black piece under the headlight so it wouldnt hit the fender anymore and keep scuffing it....

Offline orangeamcs

• Post Whore
    • http://www.laniganperformance.com
Brocks has a stap helper that bolts the metal part of the strap (the piece that trashes everything) directly to the caliper.  My bike with the front hammered through the clamps and strapped would rub the fender ocassionally.  Now I have lowered my lowered fender, cut it in half so it would not hit the bottom triple, and cut the bottom out of the headlight.  But then again its not a street bike anymore.

Offline robsbusa

• Post Whore
Get the strap bracket to lower buckle on strap. Stops the buckle from hitting radiator
when street riding. Info and pic at   brockracing.com

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
I made a solid rod to go threw the front axle so the strap wont bang the radiator..also unbolt the cable bracket so it won't rub the strap.....

Offline buzard

• Mad Post Whore
take it off when not at the track. it only takes two or three minutes. it will bang things up and can cause handling problems.
Next up is a Great Lakes Race craft turbo setup with a NLR billet plenum for 2015

NLR GEN X POWERED/RCC INTERCOOLED PROSTREET BUSA
ONE BAD ASS 02 BLACK 565 HP RCC ULTRA BUSA
turbo 85 1150 scary ride
turbo 01 bandit 220 hp mr. turbo kit
turbo 01 busa 320 hp hahn stage 3
turbo 03 zx12r velocity stage 2
turbo 03 busa nlr gen 1 rac

Offline tarzan134

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • I think, therefore i is, I think.
Newbie here. When I strap my Busa down I use two of those seltbelt shoulder protectors on the strap. One covering the strap buckle and one at the top of the neck. They are soft enough to release the buckle through them and I run the rest of the extra length into the top one. They attach with Velcro but I tie strap the one over the buckle to keep it in place. Just my .02.
05 Red/Black
03 1200S Bandit
83 V65 Magna