Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Got WHOOPED by a ZX10R  (Read 5259 times)

Offline •Khandy•Rhed•Bhusa•

• Post Whore
Got WHOOPED by a ZX10R
« on: June 25, 2006, 05:53:06 AM »
last night I ran my friend on his 10r
stats.

Zx10R=
Arata exhaust system
Power commander and map
K&N filter
Rider- 150lbs

Busa=
Airbox mod
TRE
Rider- 195lbs

First race:  went from a 40 roll I get the jump, pretty good, I am not paying attention and hit the limiter for a second, then did it again in 3rd.  When I hit the limiter in 2nd, I shifted to 3rd then he over took me.  I shut down after be put 4 bikes on me.  He was running away.

Second race: 40 roll The bike came up on me in first, I always start in 1st from a roll.  by 3rd he was walking me

Third race:  from a stop I get the hit. I stretch the tach to 5500k slip the clutch, twisted and the bike immediately did a wheelie off the line from stand still.  (my buddy was just sitting there waiting, watching for me to go. He sees me go into a wheelie instantly while sling shooting forward and was like oh shit, cant catch that)  then after it came down the handle bars got a little floaty, I just rode it out. Then it started comming up again, brought it down. Shift that biotch into 2nd, when I get into 4 he starts to walk me again!

Fourth race: Mush like the 2nd one, me wheelie, then he pass me sometime after 2nd gear.

But a 10R is strong as hell when coupled with a light rider!!  First race I was like wtf?!

I am asking, is this something that is fixable with a good pipe, pc, tune and POSSIBLE gearing change -1/+2?

But I got the opportunity of a lifetime to make some great money!! Hard work, dedication. But I will do it!

So that means, hopefully soon enough, the bike will get attention.  I want to do the NA big bore route and bolt on before I think about turbo.

Offline Kain 1300

• Rider
Re: Got WHOOPED by a ZX10R
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 06:44:14 AM »
What was the distance that you guys originally planned to race? Usually the those type bikes are gonna jump you early and often. You'll make your move on the top end most of the time. Just wait it out & you should start to reel him in eventually, that is if you have enough safe distance to do it.

I'm sorry Officer, but it's too damn difficult to keep 1300cc's under the speed limit!!

THEMOTORHEAD

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 09:39:42 AM »
btween gearing differences and yer weight theres probably the difference
put a pipe on it and a 16 f spr and he wont do it again

Offline Neighborhood Creep

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 09:42:21 AM »
last night I ran my friend on his 10r
stats.

Zx10R=
Arata exhaust system
Power commander and map
K&N filter
Rider- 150lbs

Busa=
Airbox mod
TRE
Rider- 195lbs

First race:  went from a 40 roll I get the jump, pretty good, I am not paying attention and hit the limiter for a second, then did it again in 3rd.  When I hit the limiter in 2nd, I shifted to 3rd then he over took me.  I shut down after be put 4 bikes on me.  He was running away.

Second race: 40 roll The bike came up on me in first, I always start in 1st from a roll.  by 3rd he was walking me

Third race:  from a stop I get the hit. I stretch the tach to 5500k slip the clutch, twisted and the bike immediately did a wheelie off the line from stand still.  (my buddy was just sitting there waiting, watching for me to go. He sees me go into a wheelie instantly while sling shooting forward and was like oh shit, cant catch that)  then after it came down the handle bars got a little floaty, I just rode it out. Then it started comming up again, brought it down. Shift that biotch into 2nd, when I get into 4 he starts to walk me again!

Fourth race: Mush like the 2nd one, me wheelie, then he pass me sometime after 2nd gear.

But a 10R is strong as hell when coupled with a light rider!!  First race I was like wtf?!

I am asking, is this something that is fixable with a good pipe, pc, tune and POSSIBLE gearing change -1/+2?

But I got the opportunity of a lifetime to make some great money!! Hard work, dedication. But I will do it!

So that means, hopefully soon enough, the bike will get attention.  I want to do the NA big bore route and bolt on before I think about turbo.
learning how to ride might help. My bike has Brock pipe and all the shit that goes with it and it doesn't wheelie from a roll. Stay off the limiter. That'll get you punked by a 600.

Offline Hybrid

• Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 10:41:24 AM »
Dry shot is cheaper than an exhaust system and you will WALK that ZX-10R...nice n' sneaky. :twisted:

Offline Bowman

• Post Master
    • http://members.cardomain.com/95eclipsetuner
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 02:00:55 PM »
no matter the roll the 10 shouldn't outrun u. Me and my buddy dick off and race all the time on my busa and his 10. He weighs bout 160 I weigh 154. Both bikes have muzzy pipes, and I have a BMC filter. I eat him every time. We switch bikes, the Busa still comes out on top. The only time at all he should pull u any is on takeoff

Offline Kain 1300

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 04:47:37 PM »
no matter the roll the 10 shouldn't outrun u. Me and my buddy dick off and race all the time on my busa and his 10. He weighs bout 160 I weigh 154. Both bikes have muzzy pipes, and I have a BMC filter. I eat him every time. We switch bikes, the Busa still comes out on top. The only time at all he should pull u any is on takeoff

TRU TRU

I'm sorry Officer, but it's too damn difficult to keep 1300cc's under the speed limit!!

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 05:47:23 PM »
Sounds about right.  Same RWHP and the 10R had a 130lb total weight advantage...

Offline foresteronw

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2006, 06:05:52 PM »
I know some people don't like them but if you buy a strap you won't have wheelie problems.  I used to have the front end lift a bit in second when I went WOT and first...forget about it.  I put on a front end strap, pulled the front end about 2" down and at 30MPH I could go wide open throttle and the front end wouldn't even lift (on a cammed, Brock pipe, PC and mapped busa). 

Like TMH said go with a gearing change and pipe and you should be fine in roll-ons.  Add a strap and you'll be in a much better spot from a dig or low speed rolls.  Also get out there and practice, I'm sure your piloting is not helping from the sounds of it.  Hitting the limiter doesn't just slow you down for that split second, you also loose a ton of time getting back to a higher RPM. 

Offline Revalot # 1

• Post Master
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2006, 06:34:46 PM »
A GSXR1K 05 and up will pull off faster than that 10, Why 40 MPH for both? Try 70 MPH and watch that 1K walk! The busa pulls better at 70 also, And 2nd gear and up only. Remember I was trying to tell you about these new 1000s, I think they are more of a threat than A zx-14 or busa. They are full blown form the factory, And the guy was 150 pounds, It,s gona be hard to be that.

Once you get to 150MPH You should be ready to pass him, The 1000 wind blast is rough, When the busa is only getting started. You need atleast 175 HP.
Member since Oct 29, 2002, Im in Texas
2002 Hayabusa S/G color,The Sledge Hammer,With Muzzys Digi-Kill air shifter, 1397cc 200 HP By JohnneyCheese
ZX14R
Im Following Jesus, wana come ?

booz13

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2006, 06:53:17 PM »
yea you can whip a 10r with a little better riding 10r is a toy !! ........busa is the boy!!.......oh btw a guy at zx-10r.net has posted this and they all think its funny so give them a peice of your mind fellas!!    http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23369   

Offline Revalot # 1

• Post Master
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2006, 09:03:20 PM »
yea you can whip a 10r with a little better riding 10r is a toy !! ........busa is the boy!!.......oh btw a guy at zx-10r.net has posted this and they all think its funny so give them a peice of your mind fellas!!    http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23369   

Yes the New 1000 are toys! some of them have better 1/4 times and MPH than a stock busa,zx-12, and a 14, And quicker roll on 8). they are just harder to keep down, and 130-140 pounds lighter.   Power to weight ratio.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 09:05:04 PM by Kid Quick »
2002 Hayabusa S/G color,The Sledge Hammer,With Muzzys Digi-Kill air shifter, 1397cc 200 HP By JohnneyCheese
ZX14R

Offline camaroguy72

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2006, 09:42:03 PM »
the new 1000rr kicks my ass as well as the new gix 1000. maybe because im all stock and i weigh 300 lbs aqnd these guys are tiny and have pipe/pc on their bikes. the gix 1000 had a good 4-5 lengths on me in the quarter... i couldnt keep the bike down either though  :(

Offline BoosaRyder

• Rider
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2006, 10:34:16 PM »
I know some people don't like them but if you buy a strap you won't have wheelie problems. 
A strap on the street???
2000 Red/Gray Hayabusa
2006 Black M109R (sold)
2007 Black ZX-14 Ninja
1999 Red Twin Turbo Corvette

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2006, 05:26:23 AM »
I know some people don't like them but if you buy a strap you won't have wheelie problems. 
A strap on the street???

Just barely snug works decent...

Offline WAR MACHINE 1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2006, 06:21:25 AM »
LOWER  IT    BROCK PIPE PC3USB BOX MOD  AND  BMC OR K&N  FILTER   YOUR  SHIT  WILL PULL  LIKE  A FREIGHT TRAIN 
 THEN  LEARN  TO HANDLE  IT  HE  WONT  BOTHER  YOU  ANYMORE   :yes:

Offline Busa for hire

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2006, 10:36:12 AM »
dude start in second. first is fucking you up. if you are wheelieing that means you have to shut off some throttle to keep from lifting the front.

the busa in 2nd at 40mph is still gonna make more tq than that zx10 anywhere in the rev range. i bet it will be a closer outcome.

You are so, so wrong.. You would get real left doing that..

think about this guys.... zx-10 430lbs. 80ft/lb. 5.38 lb/ft. per lb.   busa 550lbs. 100 ft/lb. 5.50 ft/lb. per lb. Hmmm no real torque gain there is there??
I really can't believe the race was even as close as it was.. I raced a stock piped busa when I had my zx-10 and all I had was a slip-on and I flat-out killed the busa several times and we were equal weight (if he wasn't even a little lighter)  once you get a liter bike rolling they are fast, fast ,fast!! I don't know why thats so hard for you guys to understand... look at the 1/4 mile trap speed in the mags.. 147, 148... they move fellows, just accept it.. :wink:
previously owned a 01 blk/gry Busa little of this little of that...oh yeah and a ghetto turbo 320horse/200ft.lb. 8.92@169
Bikeless....for now.

Offline BikeMech

• Rider
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2006, 01:57:47 PM »
hey man, don't start that physics crap...... we ride busa's we don't need no stinkin' laws of physics to tell us who we can beat...... :D

Offline Busa for hire

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2006, 02:45:44 PM »
hey man, don't start that physics crap...... we ride busa's we don't need no stinkin' laws of physics to tell us who we can beat...... :D

:mrgreen::lmao:
previously owned a 01 blk/gry Busa little of this little of that...oh yeah and a ghetto turbo 320horse/200ft.lb. 8.92@169
Bikeless....for now.

Offline •Khandy•Rhed•Bhusa•

• Post Whore
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2006, 10:33:44 AM »
Hey guys I am up here in Missouri, made my 13hr/650mile trip up here to see my baby :)

I just weighed myself, I am 179lbs. I have to agree with the practice, this is my actual first race since owning the bike.  I have raced cars but thats nothing, thats just speeding away from cars no skill needed in that I think.  But this is my first race, racing a bike.  And let me tell you, there is a difference 'racing yourself' like getting on it, than racing someone for real because I have to make the bike come up at 40mph. During the race we started at 40mph but it did not come up till later and could not stop comming up. 

btw the busa is a BAD ASS TOURING Bike.  this is my first long ride past the 2hr mark.  NO vibrations putting my parts to sleep, stock screen with no hurt neck, My butt was hurting the first 150miles then stopped as it got used to it. But I got a walkaround after 220+ miles when I needed gas, or make a call etc.  My wrist chimed in twice, did not hurt but needed a few seconds to relax. NONE of my parts were sore when I got off!! I also had a full backpack on and my shoulder or back were not even the slightest sore, I forgot I even had a back lol :) I am 179lbs/6ft tall. and stock parts on the bike and it fit me perfect.

Offline Revalot # 1

• Post Master
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2006, 02:27:51 PM »

I just weighed myself, I am 179lbs. I have to agree with the practice, this is my actual first race since owning the bike. 

Hold up! Last year you and me talk about hooking up and racing, You said there was no way a 1000 GSXR 05 would beat you. Then you had to get your forks fixed, Tags or somthing was out also, Im not Talking Trash, But Now you say this is your 1st race with another sportbike, Please get some dragstrip runs and 1st. That way you will run better when on the street, Im a great street rider, But if I ran Rickey Gadson or some of the guys/girls on this board or other boards I would look like a fool. My best 60 is 1.780 I need to be at the 1.6 mark, But I do like to dragrace 3-4 times a year, I like roadracing and back roads more.

Be safe young man, But when you call someone out be ready. :wink:
ZX14R