Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Cush Drive  (Read 4085 times)

Offline frogman

• Rider
  • Where am I?
Cush Drive
« on: September 30, 2006, 05:16:51 PM »
I will post his here as well

I have a question about the rubber that is in the rear hub i think mine is going bad or is bad

how much play should it have when the rear axle nut is loose mine has about 1/4-1/2 inch play when im adjusting the chain and i can never get the chain to ride in the center always rides on the right side when looking from the rear of the bike... i can get it to run in the middle where is should be but then the tire is not straight on the bike so if any one has any idea what could be wrong that would be great if you can let me know.. or am i just over reacting about it in my opinion or does it sound like the rubber in there is going bad the bike is a 06 with 3200 miles on it

thanks in advance

Offline badassblackbusa

• Post Master
Re: Cush Drive
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 09:37:07 AM »
well if the tires not straight the chains not going to ride in the right spot. get the tire even on both sides use a tape measure. then check it. cush rubbers should be fine with that mileage ive got 9000 miles on my bike 3/4 of them are on the drag strip an mine are still good.
and to saint peter i will tell another solider reporting sir ive served my time in hell..

Offline frogman

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 10:28:38 AM »
I did do that last night with the tape measure and both sides and even and it is still riding on the right side of the chain guess i will have to take it to the jughead dealer and in sure i will get told its not our problem owell thanks for the reply

Offline badassblackbusa

• Post Master
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 07:37:05 AM »
just order some new cush rubbers they are not that much. jc
and to saint peter i will tell another solider reporting sir ive served my time in hell..

Offline nicktop

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 11:16:56 AM »
Did you have the rear wheel off recently? I know when I took my back wheel off for a new tire the hub would not seat properly into the rubber. A shot of WD-40 on the mating surface worked like a charm hub slid right in.

:moped:
'05 red & black Hayabusa
'05 Torrid Red GTO

Offline frogman

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 11:39:13 AM »
i will have too try that thanks