Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Wishing to add a extended swing arm,,,  (Read 2749 times)

Offline chat_vmax

• Rider
Wishing to add a extended swing arm,,,
« on: June 28, 2006, 09:04:36 AM »
 I have a 03 busa and am wishing to add an extended swing arm,,
I ride on the road and dont "need" to do this mod but I LOVE the way they look & may go for a getto turbo later doen the road,,,
The bike is all stock but for the hindle full exhaust..

What is a recomended length for street riding,,,?

how much $$ am I excepting to pay for the project [ all parts and special tools ]

Advice is much appreciated.....
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 09:07:32 AM by chat_vmax »
Busa Bill
07 Black Busa / PC USB III, Two Bros Exh / Ivan TRE / K&N / Reaper Riser / Links Rear / Rear Fender Kit / My Obsession

Offline Pinky

• HO HO
  • Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
Re: Wishing to add a extended swing arm,,,
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 09:39:42 AM »
4-6 is decent on the street
i run 8-9 on mine and no problems here it will ride different so be careful the first few times out
T70 turbo w/ 60mm wastegate
Megasquirt EFI

Offline Bonedust

• Mad Post Whore
  • boost or bust
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 10:14:56 AM »
get an adjustable...0"-6" is about perfect for the street. that way you have some play room, to find exactly how long u feel comfortable with. check in the site sponcer section, i know a few of them made nice looking adjustabe arms.

good luck!

The Poison Idea- TMH T61 Ultra kit (500+ hp), 3-deg frame rake, BST wheels, Speigler 8-pot calipers and masters, Mac 0-6 arm, full CF body work.

Offline drhug

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Where am I?
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 02:45:10 AM »
call Doug spencercycle.com 2-7 extentions $240.00 and get 150 link EKZVX chain for $150.00 and you will be happy

Offline ALUCARD

• Post Whore
  • LOVE DON'T PAY THE RENT
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 10:23:56 AM »
I'M RUNNING AN 8 " OVER ARM.NOT BAD ON THE STREET. A LITTLE SLOW WITH THE RIGHT HAND TURNS DUE TO THE SIDEWINDER PIPE I ALSO HAVE.SPINS ALOT AT THE TRACK THOUGH.GET THAT SUSPENSION DIALED IN .I THINK A 4 " OR 6 " ARM WOULD BE PERFECT.

MARRIAGE IS LIKE A HORSE WITH A BROKEN LEG.YOU CAN SHOOT THE HORSE.BUT THAT DON'T FIX THE LEG

Offline chat_vmax

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 07:47:42 AM »
8 inch spinning more that a 6' ...? that kind of challanges all i was thinkig,,,?? I thought the longer the arm the better the traction??
Busa Bill
07 Black Busa / PC USB III, Two Bros Exh / Ivan TRE / K&N / Reaper Riser / Links Rear / Rear Fender Kit / My Obsession

Offline fastone

• Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 03:24:44 PM »
not :D
have to bring a A$$ to whip a A$$!!!!

Offline __NATE__

• Post Master
  • Corpus Christi Tx
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 03:51:49 PM »
8 inch spinning more that a 6' ...? that kind of challanges all i was thinkig,,,?? I thought the longer the arm the better the traction??

:hellno:   :lol:
07 BLACK BUSA..
Don't lend out your wife or your bike, someone will throw a rod in either one of them...

Offline Bonedust

• Mad Post Whore
  • boost or bust
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 04:35:36 PM »

the longer the arm, the less likely it is to wheelie....it doesnt always mean better traction.

The Poison Idea- TMH T61 Ultra kit (500+ hp), 3-deg frame rake, BST wheels, Speigler 8-pot calipers and masters, Mac 0-6 arm, full CF body work.

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2006, 04:45:26 PM »

Not on the street.  I am 4" back and my 1397 kills thew tire if i hammer the throttle in 1st..