Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: GSXR 750 SMOG OR WHATEVER IT IS CALLED THING  (Read 2484 times)

Offline BRNG03BUSA

• Rider
GSXR 750 SMOG OR WHATEVER IT IS CALLED THING
« on: June 30, 2006, 09:34:15 PM »
I am working on my buddy's 750 (2003) and it has that air or exhaust device that pulls from the top of the motor to back into the airbox.  Can this be disconnected or plugged w/o causing build-up of any kind?  I realize that this thing just recirculates exhaust into the airbox but capping it off or joining the 2 ends together sound right?  Just trying to clean up his ride.  It is his first in awhile, very clean.  I am putting in Iridium plugs, K&N, Royal Purple synthetic and Galfer lines.  It already has a Scorpion s/o and am working on him to get rid of that p.o.s.  It has been lower with bones in the rear and forks raised.  Curious as to why it has a Ivan's TRE on it but what the heck. :shock:

He likes it, fit wise is great but he hate me when I go out riding and he deals with my '03 40th Busa.  Tried to tell him but he wouldn't listen. :(  Anyway...any you throttle jockeys out there that own a GSXR 750, I could use alittle advise here so as not to mess up my partners bike.

Thanks in advance and additional input always welcome. 8)

Steve
Leander, TX
Always cocked, locked and ready to rock!!

If you don't like the big boys...get rid of your small toys!!

Offline Shamrock

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Shamrock Racing
Re: GSXR 750 SMOG OR WHATEVER IT IS CALLED THING
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 08:06:30 AM »
do a pairvalve mod  for the gsxr 750 connect top to from valve conver with a T and run the other line to the crankcase.